Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:49 pm 
Webfoot wrote:
Thecommander wrote:
Nope, still seems silly that they would listen to a mass murderer that their god is actively punishing for all eternity.
We only saw Cupidine talk to Dillicutty. As far as we know, the rest of them listened to a respected farmer.

Even if Cupidine convinced Farmer D, he would still have to convince everyone else to release someone who attacked them all and has been condemned to imprisonment. (Though I don't see Cupidine in the angry mob...) Or at least to go march on Torg.

And even if F. D convinced them of THAT, would that be enough to get the whole crowd riled up against the poor cripple who (I assume they know) was crippled BY Cupidine?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:33 pm 
I think it comes down to Cupidine's powers. She may not have all those anima anymore, and she may not be able to break bones from far away, but she knows how to control things. She's been watching and listening to everything, so she knows what buttons to push. Uniformity is a societal virtue here. And Torg cannot be, and thus, may be beyond redemption. Cupidine (she claims to Dillicuty), can be. She can work hard like everyone else. Therefore, she can be redeemed and be part of society. She probably has enough psychic ability left to nudge Dillicuty and then the village in that direction. Once the ball got rolling, there was nothing to stop it.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:43 pm 
Thecommander wrote:
Nope, still seems silly that they would listen to a mass murderer that their god is actively punishing for all eternity.

But think about it: she's been dutifully serving out her sentence this entire time! What has Torg been doing? Being a danged rapscallion that's what! Goin' round, puttin' berry juice on squares of dried out hides! He's gone mad I tell you!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:11 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Come on guys, back in my day* we didn't speculate in Reactions.

*Old sluggite is old. Not old in an absolute sense, mind you. Just relatively so. I've been an active forum goer since 2003, which means I've been posting here for 17 years (HEY! A 7!). That's a long time for someone who is close to, but not quite at, middle age. My time here is probably my second or third greatest achievement in my life. Which I know sounds completely pathetic, and it is, but I'm not the ambitious type. I am completely happy living and dying as a completely obscure being on this little blue marble. Okay, I am a tiny bit sad now admittedly.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:09 am 
endplanets wrote:
No Riff, its not "quiet".

I am reasonably sure that it's not Riff's mistake; it's Pete's. Riff said "quite" and Pete typed it up wrong.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:23 pm 
onigame wrote:
endplanets wrote:

I am reasonably sure that it's not Riff's mistake; it's Pete's. Riff said "quite" and Pete typed it up wrong.

That's speculation!
In the reactions forum!
CONSIDER YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS! CONSIDER YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:02 pm 
Webfoot wrote:
onigame wrote:
endplanets wrote:

That's speculation!
In the reactions forum!
CONSIDER YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS! CONSIDER YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS!

A new meme is born

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:45 pm 
Poor Torg D: It's not like he asked for all his bones to be broken, angry mob, come now, be reasonable! :torg:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions