Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:07 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Monday has important things to do, and this isn't one of them.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:12 am 
Thank goodness for automated helper bots! But I'm nervous for Zoe! Are there more of those things out there?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:30 am 
Oh.
I forgot about the blue second moon.

I wonder if a seer will see anything different about the anima matrix....

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:04 am 
Does the moon have an anima?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:42 am 
Hurrah for helper medical bots!

If they were so advanced ... I would have thought they would have made more comfortable reclining couches with built-in magic finger massage capability, with auto delivery of drinks and light snacks.

Or are they SO advanced ... they make them deliberately not too comfy so you don't live in in it continually?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:32 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
That is some Lord Of The Rings stuff here.

Tell this story to your son and generations to come my son. 5,000 years from now a terrible evil will awaken and burn the land. Train and prepare for her arrival.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:11 am 
Well, someone is awfully self righteous. It's not like riff had time to think of a better way to contain cupidine.

Still, 5000 years in the future is kinda hard to predict.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:17 am 
Am I the only one who thinks (and has thought for a while) that Maya is a bit of a b***h ??

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 am 
Webfoot wrote:
Oh.
I forgot about the blue second moon.

How could you forget the Animoon?

Webfoot wrote:
I wonder if a seer will see anything different about the anima matrix....

That's a very good question.

garyfritz wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks (and has thought for a while) that Maya is a bit of a b***h ??

She is, yes... but she's also not entirely wrong. Blindly sending a powerful psi-menage to a potentially unprepared future is reckless, but Riff wasn't thinking selfishly.

He just wasn't thinking. It's policy.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:31 pm 
Rreed423 wrote:

Yes. Or something that looks like an anima. The sun also had one in the page header during the whole Elevation chapter.

Thom Solo wrote:
Blindly sending a powerful psi-menage to a potentially unprepared future is reckless,

as is sending a world destroyer demon to the past, or sending a potentially world-devouring alien to a random parallel world, or sending invading enemies to parallel worlds. Or sending one's best friend to a random Dimension of Pain for that matter.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:37 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Blindly sending a powerful psi-menage to a potentially unprepared future is reckless,

Leaving her in a certainly-unprepared PRESENT is reckless IMHO. She had already killed hundreds, and she was about to kill a few more. She was absolutely a clear and present danger in the present. She MIGHT be equally dangerous in the future, or maybe not. The future inhabitants might be better-equipped to defend against her, or (if the current lack of occupants is any indication) she and others like her may have driven the population to extinction by then.

So I would say she is no worse a threat to the future than to the present, and possibly less. I think zapping her to the future was a brilliant move.

I'd be concerned about how many others like her there are. Apparently their animas attracted her like a shark to fresh meat. Will they attract more? Better formulate a plan before anybody else shows up.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:30 pm 
I also just realized that the party are currently in "the past" from Cupidine's perspective. They have the power right now to help determine the future. They could help to ensure that 5000 years from now people are prepared for Cupidine's return. Assuming of course that people still even exist in the first place.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:38 pm 
garyfritz wrote:

You are probably not the only one. However, how would you react if aliens dropped into your world with unknown technology? And then sucked you into a dystopian future that killed one of your 'beloved' comrades? While she may have hampered our heroes, she is thinking smartly. From her viewpoint, Riff et al. are messing around with her world to save themselves. How would you respond to that?

No she doesn't know the whole story - but neither do we. There was a hint that the descendants of Shankraft and Daiyu were responsible for the anima splicing. Would someone else have led the company without them? That is, would this dystopia have even developed without their interference? Or would monsters now rule this world? We really do not know.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:55 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Rreed423 wrote:

Yes. Or something that looks like an anima. The sun also had one in the page header during the whole Elevation chapter.

Thom Solo wrote:

as is sending a world destroyer demon to the past, or sending a potentially world-devouring alien to a random parallel world, or sending invading enemies to parallel worlds. Or sending one's best friend to a random Dimension of Pain for that matter.

The DFA is by nature reckless, the way to escape or prevent a immediate dangerous present at the expense of some unknown time or dimension, when here and now is worse than any potential. Riff used the only thing he knew would work. Reckless repercussions, perhaps, but they are far away, and Torg's death was certain.
Nonetheless, Riff has had to deal with the repercussions of his, or rather Alt Riff's use of the DFA, and the misuse of it by Dr. Schlock.
So Maya does have a point, but there was nothing else to do in this situation that would have saved Torg.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:22 pm 
It was reckless, yes, but what else could they do? Let the psychic monster kill them all and then probably wind up taking the DFA?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions