Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:29 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday tasted thirty tart tangerine taffy topped tarts to torture their tongue.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:46 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
No, not Mustachio!

You and your awesome mustache will be missed...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:01 am 
AOL: Eagle299
I believe the most appropriate reaction is;

RUN!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:03 am 
I almost missed the extra "snap snap snap snap snap" in the fifth panel. She just keeps breaking him. So that's what she did to Gorf too, just kill him with her mind. And now, rushing straight for the balcony.

This is maybe the most horrific villain Pete has created! They usually are well-meaning in some way, or just neutral when it comes to morality, just looking out for themselves. But Cupidine like the demons obviously takes pleasure in causing suffering. Look at that mean smile.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:14 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
I believe the most appropriate reaction is;

RUN!!!!
my sentiments exactly.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:21 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
I almost missed the extra "snap snap snap snap snap" in the fifth panel.

I suppose it's too much to hope that it's just the crack-snap of someone eating celery?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:44 am 
I don't suppose if anyone noticed the Stormbreaker finding a shotgun in the house? Because if not ... I'm with the 'RUN' crowd.

The closeup of Cupidine's anima cloud is interesting. You can see some whole animas and some with the stitching where they were joined. Some of the red ones have stitching as well ... and some of the red ones look joined to blue without stitches?

And while Cupidine is smiling in Panel 2 ... all her animas look horrified.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:19 am 
Biscuit wrote:
And while Cupidine is smiling in Panel 2 ... all her animas look horrified.

She kills, then harvests for power. I can't imagine they're absorbed and happy about it.

I tried to look at facial expressions from the poster who had multiple animas, but couldn't see facial expressions. I get the distinct idea that there are multiple ways to have multiple animas. I can't imagine cupidine always feels horrified and lifeless. Nor will I believe that a rockstar or family man would opt to have a 2nd (or more) horrified anima.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:48 am 
I don't know how strict the No Speculation rule is... but I figured, in some familys, a sick and dying grandpa would donate his anima. A sufficiently popular rock star is going to have some devoted yet terminally ill fans.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:28 am 
I'm wondering if Cupidine is a sadistic evil torturer, or if breaking her victims into pieces is a necessary part of harvesting the anima. Like cracking the shell on a crab.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:31 pm 
I figured callous and thoughtless, not cruel. Like, she's not doing it for fun, just that it is a highly effective way of ensuring the target cannot resist the anima harvesting.

More like wolves hamstringing their prey so it can't escape, then starting to eat while it is still alive. Not cruel per se, they just don't care.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:29 pm 
Interesting detail. You can see the stitches on modified anima in this strip. That's interesting enough on its own. Given what we know about the worlds more recent history one would think they would have given up the process of modifying animas. However what's more telling is that several of the red anima also have stitches.

Fortunately for last-era's COP fears, the stitched on portions also appear to be red, so maybe you can't hide a bedeviled anima by modifying it with normal ones. Not really too important though, I'm mostly interested in the fact that bedevils were getting away with modifying at all.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:59 pm 
Rest in peace amazing mustache guy, we barely knew ye

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:32 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:
Fortunately for last-era's COP fears, the stitched on portions also appear to be red, so maybe you can't hide a bedeviled anima by modifying it with normal ones. Not really too important though, I'm mostly interested in the fact that bedevils were getting away with modifying at all.

We saw in the last era that either a bedeviled anima was hidden by splicing with a lot of normal, with only a tiny bit of red left, or a tiny bit of red was grafted onto a normal blue. The all-red spliced anima are new.

However, we still don't really have a functioning explanation for what bedevilment really is or how it works.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:47 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
However what's more telling is that several of the red anima also have stitches.

They also don't look much like the bedevil animas Zoë has seen before. Those all had a distinctive fuzzy appearance, black eyes and mouths, and evil expressions. Cupidine's red animas have smooth lines, turquoise eyes and mouths, and the same horrified expression as all the others. Apart from the colours they look just like normal animas. What that means I don't know.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions