Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
You have nothing to fear, now that Monday is here!

Also do not fret, it did remember the shotgun, licorice, paint thinner, and the Spice Girls CD.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:23 am 
Yay mustachio! A man of good (and questionable) logical reasoning!

Also, whoa, trippy anima scrolling webpage title thingy! I bet if we sat a stoner in front of that, they'd be there scrolling for hours! I'm on the level and it took me several minutes to break free of it!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:30 am 
Wow, the background of the homepage intense. So many anima. And the background ones look quite disturbed ( as well as disturbing).

I'm with Maya though. Something happened, and they need to figure out what.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:22 am 
Machio has it all figured out. I like the cut of his gib.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:55 am 
"Oh good, an update!"
*reading the update*
*scrolls up*
*sees multi-layer Wall of Anima of creepiness and unhappiness*
"Oh God!"

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:58 am 
It's nice to see a character understanding what really happened; in most stories of this kind, the other side would lack all understanding so that they could all be a group of enemies. Pete always writes better stories, though.

Maybe this world has evolved to where it doesn't need humans! Life gets wrinkles, machines do not.

There is a short-story by Isaac Asimov that I would like to quote here, but anything we say about the future at this point of the story could be counted as spec. Let's see what is going on first so I'm not stepping on any toes.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:38 am 
Everything about this reads as some sort of parody to me, because I'm absolutely sure I've seen this premise "Fresh food, no people, no dust, surrounded by ocean" somewhere before in that exact form and I can not remember where!

I will say that a lot of those new background animas look very familiar.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:49 am 
That background is all kinds of creepy. Well done! (Unless it was supposed to invoke joyful holiday tidings at the turn of the year, in which case never mind.)

Isn't a city full of buildings, food, etc. with no people the way so many horror movies start? And ALREADY they're falling for the "lets split up!" problem ...

Also, typo in the second bubble -- 'robably' in stead of 'probably'.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:00 am 
Biscuit wrote:
Also, typo in the second bubble -- 'robably' in stead of 'probably'.

No, Torg says that the bread is vegetable-based in such a way that it's possible to rob it. ;-)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:42 pm 
Mustachio....I already love him. We needed a character with a perfect mustache in this strip. Keep him around.

As for Maya, there's already a loveable Maya (the girl Bun Bun and Kiki run into when they're playing pirates) in this strip, so...she can go wherever.

Torg is being his usual masking emotional pain with bad punny humor self, while Zoe is being her usual wearing her emotional pain on her sleeve self. Wish those two could just get a moment to talk and work things out.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:52 pm 
JustinH wrote:
Torg is being his usual masking emotional pain with bad punny humor self, while Zoe is being her usual wearing her emotional pain on her sleeve self. Wish those two could just get a moment to talk and work things out.

I want them to suffer longer. They deserve it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 pm 
JustinH wrote:

You are right. That's what they haven't had, a moment. If it were a "normal" world, Zoe might have been able to go talk to Gwynn or Aylee, have some time to just hang out. Instead, they are forced by the situation 2 be together without being able to process their feelings. But it's been a LONG time since things have been "normal" on Sluggy.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:03 am 
Apparently Torg took off his coat and then re-stuck kiki to his t-shirt. She was stuck to the coat two strips ago.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:46 pm 
I love how both Maya and Machio have a point and are "right," but due to incredibly misguided and naive thought processes. I think that sort of thing is my favorite thing about the anima world, and Maya in particular.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions