Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:00 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Well, so far so good. The week is starting off fairly decent. Got Monday up at the correct time.

Probably helps that I'm not currently downloading, converting, and uploading gigabytes of data --all at the same time as well sometimes-- right now. Decided to take a break for the time being to work on something else that's somewhat related.

Later in the week I think I'll be back to it though...

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 am 
Torg is right. You HAVE to walk on top of the train, and fight enemies there. Haven't they seen any movies?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:24 am 
I think the only contractual obligation is that they reach their objective at the last possible moment before something, and I'm sure that one will be fulfilled.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:22 am 
Classic Torg! I'm surprised Riff didn't back him up, though.
Still, Zoe has a good point.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:39 am 
StickyKiki :kiki: is just stuck on Torg's shirt.

Hope they don't need any aggressive solvents like piranha etch to get the shirt off her ....

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:48 pm 
Torg keeps delving into the unlikable tone-deaf character tropes lately. Fails to be charming.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:30 pm 
At first I thought there was a typo in the last panel, and then I realized there isn't one. :)

This arc has had some very satisfying farewells to supporting characters. First we left the Shankrafts content in their new world, and now Daebo is happy and at home as he stays behind.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:08 pm 
MasterPokey wrote:
Torg keeps delving into the unlikable tone-deaf character tropes lately. Fails to be charming.

He's gotta get dumped in order for him to fulfill his original destiny of getting with crazy-gymnast-assassin-naked-in-the-lake girl.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 am 
MasterPokey wrote:

I feel like Torg is experiencing some cognitive dissonance. For so long, he had been dealing with an extreme external threat of hC, partially his fault, and the external crisis of Oasis, also related to actions he took.
Now all those are gone.
When they first came to this dimension, there were the simple external threats of monsters.
Now, in this dimension and time, there are no external violent threats. The lack of current violent threats and the defeat of the familiar ones, coupled with the seeming-fact that you could read everybody, may have made him feel that all was well and he didn't need to worry about anything. When the pressure is off, Torg generally seems to default to goofy.
The difficulty for us is that we are accustomed to assuming that behind that goofiness, strategy is brewing. Without a driving force like hC, having been refused his marriage proposal, and kind of liking it here, he doesn't need strategy, he is free to simply react to immediate circumstances, like wanting to jump onto a moving train.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions