Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:37 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Zillatain presents:
Mutilated Quotes From Something You Have (Most Likely) Never Seen

Hey, stop that!

Screw you! You wrote out of turn! I could have erased your work!

You'll have to press down a lot harder than that...

We have to think!

Why is that?! This should be simple!

Well perhaps if you had exercised even the slightest amount of forethought with the legibility of your formulas, I wouldn't have erased part of the chalkboard!

What's that nonsense supposed to mean?

I'm just surprised "a genius" who writes so much would communicate so little during a physics competition!

I'm oh so sorry you require my expertise to win. I could do this all on my own!

Well, bravo on being the smartest "protege" to con your way into Friday H. Boulder University. Congratulations!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!
a6

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:14 am 
Poor Riff. He gets all excited about discovering new and intriguing information, and then reality brings his elation crashing to the ground.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:58 am 
Oh! Wow, tying together things. Impressive.

Love seeing Riff's anima so happy. Yes, there must be great opportunities for this power in the future. This world so lacking in scientific progress can still progress through mindpower.

Through connecting to each other mentally? Or maybe they already do to some degree.

And it's actually nice to know the animas aren't living things. They aren't spirits or a person's spirit, but a picture the psyche creates of itself. That also makes the slicing more palatable.

Then there must be an explanation for the bedeviled to be found in this as well.

Why go home? Well, there are friends and family to come back to. But aside from that it would be nice to stay in a psychic world. Except for, of course, people with a psyche like Gwynn. But she should consider this forced therapy.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:11 am 
Riff is so excited! Everything is coming together.
Silverwalker wrote:

Why go home? Well, there are friends and family to come back to. But aside from that it would be nice to stay in a psychic world. Except for, of course, people with a psyche like Gwynn. But she should consider this forced therapy.

I often wonder this too. But I suppose an alternate dimension is an alternate dimension, forever alien.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:11 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:

I often wonder this too. But I suppose an alternate dimension is an alternate dimension, forever alien.

For some people. The Shankrafts didn't have too much trouble.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:21 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
Why go home?

I miss Aylee.

:(

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:44 pm 
Am I a bad person for laughing out loud at the last panel?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:39 pm 
Quote:
Down the road could be more significant forms. Telepathy? Telekinesis?

...Pyrokinesis?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:55 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:

For some people. The Shankrafts didn't have too much trouble.

Yes, they seemed like the kind of people who are happy as long as they can do sciency stuff. And they also had to escape justice.

I wonder if she ever changed "in my village" to mean the village she lived in currently. That must have been a big moment.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:48 am 
If animas are just projections of synapses firing, then how can there be a bin of "scrapnimas" not attached to any person?

I spy a carib. The first carib I've seen i 5000 years. That reminds me that I haven't seen anyone else of Daebo's species since the latest jump.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:39 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
If animas are just projections of synapses firing, then how can there be a bin of "scrapnimas" not attached to any person?

Darn good question. And how can you remove that synapse-projection from the brain projecting it, and weld it onto a synapse projection from another brain??

If the anima parts still exist after being chopped off, that would suggest they're still fed by their original host brain. Which means a modified anima contains parts of several people. Sounds like a recipe for mass psychosis.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:57 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:

Darn good question. And how can you remove that synapse-projection from the brain projecting it, and weld it onto a synapse projection from another brain??

If the anima parts still exist after being chopped off, that would suggest they're still fed by their original host brain. Which means a modified anima contains parts of several people. Sounds like a recipe for mass psychosis.

There is certainly a societal trouble brewing!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:43 pm 
Too complex.

I'd assume they're actually severed and just retain a fragment of the original, as maintained by the power in the air. But any option would be interesting.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:11 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
PROBLEM: Sluggy.com loads and then sends me to a spam/unwanted download/phishing site

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:25 pm 
drachefly wrote:
PROBLEM: Sluggy.com loads and then sends me to a spam/unwanted download/phishing site

That's not happening to me....?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions