Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:15 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Zillatain presents:
Mutilated Quotes From Something You Have (Most Likely) Never Seen

What's the problem?

I will not allow our calculations to be incorrect because you're too dimwitted! I swear, if I get a bad mark because of your— What in the...?

I'm not dumb, see? You don't have to fuss about me!

How did...?

Wednesday, just because I don't exactly know how to multiply with simple math doesn't mean I don't know how to solve advanced physics problems! You're about to see a whole different angle of me today, Wednesday, and after it's all done, you're going to be like, "Eureka! That Rhombus guy is really, really analytical...and I wanna be his colleague!"

You may be smart, but you still excel at wasting paper!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!
a5

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:39 am 
I must admit I totally missed the 'hollowed out expressions in the anima bits' from July 12! Pete has certainly mastered the art of the strip, after 22 years. Can't wait to hear the psionics explanation from Riff!

Or ... is it still Pete? Or is Leah chained to a chair in a dank basement, churning out strips while her father lives the big life off her labors ... ?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:09 am 
We have confirmations of our suspicions about the expressions of the "enhanced" anima. The expression on the piece she's just cut off is especially broken. This begs the question of sentience and the nature of the relationship between them.

I have other questions as well.

Can anyone with training physically interact with anima? Or only select people?

Riff jumped from science to psionics quickly. Has the team ever encountered something labeled psionics before?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:16 am 
No psionics in the past, I believe.

I worry less about bedeviled contamination now, and just what it means to attach different parts of regular people together. I'm already messy enough inside on my own! Keep your sad and mangled anima parts out of me!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:09 am 
Spirantz wrote:
No psionics in the past, I believe.

I worry less about bedeviled contamination now, and just what it means to attach different parts of regular people together. I'm already messy enough inside on my own! Keep your sad and mangled anima parts out of me!

Complacency. That C.O.P. looks like she's about to fall asleep, or at least not paying any attention at all. How hard would it be for a bedeveled to walk in right under her nose? And with the C.O.P. on duty nobody would even think of the possibility.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:28 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Well, there must be a "dark alley" somewhere that somebody is augmenting bedeviled anima at. Zoe was not imagining things.

Okay, it's positive now that those are shadow faces in the animas. When we first saw altered animas, I didn't think it was faces but just bruises to go with the cuts since they were not as clear to me.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:32 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
So the ancient witch was a real "battle of the minds" kinda lady.

And it brings Oasis / Sasha and their mind transference into the equation.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:29 pm 
Weird question, but... why are the splice-customers draped, like they're getting a haircut and don't want the hair bits falling on them?

The animas are not physical. Right? So why do the people need to be protected while they're doing nonphysical stuff to nonphysical entities?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:13 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Riff jumped from science to psionics quickly. Has the team ever encountered something labeled psionics before?

The closest we've come would be some of the fields of study at Orsintos Labs, which comes back to Oasis (and Kusari, as endplanets mentioned) but no, I don't recall that word used in the strip before.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions