Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:25 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Bow down mortals! The Magnificent Thursday is coming to enlighten your pathetic lives with its majestic radiance!

You are so undeserving of its brilliance, that we have determined that you are only allowed a maximum of twenty three seconds to bask in The Light before you must leave. Even one second beyond that time and you will immediately be charged with Magnificent Hording and jailed indefinitely. Anyone trying to capture The Light with a camera, will be charged with Magnificent Imprisonment and immediately executed.

Now prepare yourselves peons, Its Grace is almost here.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:05 am 
Agree with Riff. And has she even tried elk yet? She will swoon. It is the best meat there is. I hope the elks don't have animas like the caribou.

Frightening thought that the cut-off parts could spread the bedeviledness to others. But it sounds a bit too simple. Maybe it just makes them dizzy. Or maybe not, we'll see I guess.

By the way, I just came to think of how long it's been since we've seen Torg. As I recall, Zoë said they "split up", didn't she? As he moved to another city. She didn't say "broke up".

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:19 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
By the way, I just came to think of how long it's been since we've seen Torg. As I recall, Zoë said they "split up", didn't she? As he moved to another city. She didn't say "broke up".

On 7/12 she said "We split," and she was pretty forlorn. Then the next two strips were Torg and Gwynn in the museum.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:23 am 
Wow, these were implications I hadn't considered at all! Scary...
What is the sociopathic disease she refers to?
The color effects with the red and shaded panels works quite well!
And that was an excellent twist of reaction from Riff. When I read panel 5, I thought, that is an uncharacteristically extreme reaction from Riff, but when is about meat, that's characteristic indeed.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 am 
I really like Zoe in panel 2, and the grey effects in panels 3 and 4 (along with the Sinister Smirks(TM) really sell the concept of 'nasty evil bedeviled'.

They should just mandate all births must be in hospitals, and a seer must check the newborn's anima before discharge. If its a bedeviled drown it on the spot...

Or do animas develop later? Have we seen children with animas? If a seer finds a bedeviled child have they attempted to 're-educate' them?

Pete's come up with a FASCINATING world here ...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:59 am 
Neat-o!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:19 am 
Biscuit wrote:
I
Or do animas develop later? Have we seen children with animas? If a seer finds a bedeviled child have they attempted to 're-educate' them?

Pete's come up with a FASCINATING world here ...

We have been shown at least one child with an anima here. She wanted to have her anima enhanced, but was too young. But that raises another question. Are the bedeviled bedeviled from birth? Or does it show up later?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:27 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Neat-o!

Says it all! I like how Pete managed to find questions that we were not asking either here or in SRC. So another question is whether such anima enhancement is done knowingly by practicioners, or unknowingly? Is Zoë's discovery going to cause anima enhancement to be outlawed or simply more regulated (i.e., overseen by seers)? Could bedeviled spread mean the end to how this society functions (or not)?

Would a portion of a bedeviled anima even affect a non-bedevil? Up until now we assumed that animas were a reflection of the thoughts and feelings of the host. And if that were true, you would think that a bedevil's (whole) anima, enhanced or not, would reflect the bedeviled nature of the host. Zoë's vision suggests that this perception is not correct. Do the animas adjust with time, or is this effect that she sees permanent?

Zoë's inference appears to suggest that the anima may (in turn) affect how the host acts. So how does that work? Is it an "infection", such that the bedeviled nature is dominant and affects anyone who has a piece? Or is it proportional, such that a bedevil with an enhanced anima is less evil?

Or will it simply mean that it will become harder for COPS to determine who is a bedeviled with an enhanced anima, and who is innocent but has a portion of a bedeviled anima in their enhanced anima?

Damn Pete, we could play in this playground for quite a while without getting bored.....

And the most important question: Did Frog and Kiki get left behind in the "deli"?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:19 pm 
swmartian wrote:
And the most important question: Did Frog and Kiki get left behind in the "deli"?

The horror!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:25 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Neat-o!

Says it all!

I see you would argue otherwise, lol.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:33 pm 
Well... I had thought that perhaps bedevileds could hide their anima by surrounding it with splices... but I hadn't wondered what happened if their anima gets shaved off and spliced in.

I am going to have to start an anima speculation thread.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:26 pm 
Have we actually even seen bedeviled do anything, you know... evil? Or is it just the fact alone that they're capable of lying?

There's a weird undercurrent to this whole arc.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:11 pm 
Nictusempra wrote:
Have we actually even seen bedeviled do anything, you know... evil?

The one Zoe saw in the last chapter had done unspeakable things. But the dirst we saw in the first chapter, didn't appear to. She was suspicious of outsiders, so she investigated and found Very Bad Evidence which she then revealed. Not obviously evil.

I posted some thoughts in SRC in the Anima Speculations thread which I can't say here.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:16 pm 
Webfoot wrote:
Nictusempra wrote:

The one Zoe saw in the last chapter had done unspeakable things. But the dirst we saw in the first chapter, didn't appear to. She was suspicious of outsiders, so she investigated and found Very Bad Evidence which she then revealed. Not obviously evil.

Everything was quiet for days (weeks?) before the villagers showed up. Then suddenly a million monsters descended when the bedeviled got anxious? Not obviously evil, but certainly mysteeeeerious! *wiggles fingers*

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:35 pm 
Nictusempra wrote:

One bedeviled attacked Zoë with a knife. The first one she spotted did "unspeakable things, to so many." I think it's pretty established that they're bad-guys.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions