Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:11 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday demands that you wish Pete an early congratulations for almost making it to living half a century on this large spherical rock orbiting a star. This weekend it would have been 49 years since he stopped being a parasite and left his host body to face the world directly.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:24 am 
Same old Frog, he interacts with his anima in the same way he interacted with Corsica.

But it is interesting, no one else really interacts with their anima.

Some of his laughter is lettered disturbingly...

Happy early birthday Pete! Thank you for the stories!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:16 pm 
I find it interesting that Frog modified his anima for purely cosmetic reasons, and not to hide his true feelings. Compare it to the 'unmasqued' animae we saw before, where you could see the shadowy sad faces within. There seems to be no such thing with Frog's anima.

More in SRC.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
I find it interesting that Frog modified his anima for purely cosmetic reasons, and not to hide his true feelings. Compare it to the 'unmasqued' animae we saw before, where you could see the shadowy sad faces within. There seems to be no such thing with Frog's anima.

More in SRC.

Well, as I said in SRC, I don't think that altering an anima actually changes its ability to portray its owners feelings. Ironically, animas have a way of compelling people to conform to a societal "norm" - since to feel otherwise is betrayed in the anima. Yet, part of conforming to a societal norm is buy things - or alter parts of ourselves - that we think will make us more accepted into that societal norm. So the animas pay the price as they get altered merely for looks in the same way we undergo plastic surgery.

As for Frog... I think he's always had inner demons that he's fought with all along. I wonder how often Frog will yell at his anima before he realizes that he's really mad at himself? Hmm. That would infer Frog is capable of personal growth... Since such personal growth would remove his comic purpose...... Well, the rest of this exposition would be spec....

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:14 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Same old Frog, he interacts with his anima in the same way he interacted with Corsica.

Hah! Good observation! Could this be Corsica #57? Maybe he always wanted to see her in a fruit hat. Like one of those old cartoon dancing ladies. Lol

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:44 am 
Spirantz wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

Hah! Good observation! Could this be Corsica #57? Maybe he always wanted to see her in a fruit hat. Like one of those old cartoon dancing ladies. Lol

I wouldn't put it past him to alter his anima specifically for that reason!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:45 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Friday demands that you wish Pete an early congratulations for almost making it to living half a century on this large spherical rock orbiting a star. This weekend it would have been 49 years since he stopped being a parasite and left his host body to face the world directly.

Happy early birthday!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:37 am 
Phew! I was getting worried for a second that we'd lose Frog to the place too! Good to see his priorities are...where they always are!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:20 pm 
Did Frog actually choose to have a Carmen-Miranda-anima?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:17 pm 
Fair Winds wrote:
Did Frog actually choose to have a Carmen-Miranda-anima?

Ooh! Maybe that's what my image of the fruit hat cartoon lady came from. Lol. Old references...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:58 am 
Probably somebody already pointed it out, but is it true that Frog's Anima always has the exact same expression as Frog himself? All the other animas have (at least slightly) different expressions. Or maybe that's just my mind playing tricks on me and it's due to the fact Frog's anima is a frog, so they already look the same... Ah, we'll see.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:26 am 
Yes, I've mentioned it once or twice. But it's not always the case -- see e.g. this strip. I haven't figured out when his anima matches and when it doesn't. Possibly it mirrors him when he's not trying to hide something?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions