Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:01 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
"Tangerine Monday!" exclaimed the Empress of the Pineapple Empire while sitting on her Bowl of Thrones. "How did you get past our rind shields?" she angrily demanded.

"Ha ha," Tangerine laughed. "There is no fruitful reason to tell you that since you will shortly be nothing more than a salad in that throne of yours," as he moved closer to the Empress.

"Guards!" she yelled. But there was no response.

Continuing to move menacingly toward her, he responded with "'Heh. None of them are coming for you. They have all been pureed."

"You are truly evil Tangerine killing unripe guard just out training! And on top of that you really think that juicing me, The mighty Empress Orange will topple the Pineapple Empire and sate your revenge for what we did to you. Ha!" She leaned back while shaking her head. "You are more stupid and unobservant to your surroundings than we thought."

He stopped moving forward. Something was not right about what she just said. Why were the elite guards protecting the Empress unripe? Why was it so easy to get to this chamber?

As the situation suddenly dawned on Tangerine, the Empress said, "Goodbye."

What she said registered just as the entire floor suddenly opened up under him and a loud whirling sound could be heard beneath him.

The Blender of Doom was making a smoothie today...

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:42 am 
Hmm. Who said soylent greens before?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:10 am 
There is a wall. Small for a city wall, but still a wall. "The most open and loving society anyone could conceive of" wouldn't build a city wall. Kiki is right: "Utopia" my stinky ferret butt.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:43 am 
Indeed, there are no such thing as Utopias, as Riff well knows.
But I have lots of questions!
Does Torg know about this? What is the goal of using the DFA here? Why are people not aware of this? Or do they know and justify it? Who created this system? And who is taking advantage of it for profit? I'll have to go over to SRC later, once I get my ideas down.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:51 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
There is a wall. Small for a city wall, but still a wall. "The most open and loving society anyone could conceive of" wouldn't build a city wall. Kiki is right: "Utopia" my stinky ferret butt.

Well, it could be to keep animals out. But more likely because The Artist thought it looked aesthetically pleasing.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:35 am 
Selling pieces of your soul to survive? I know longer like anima world. :-(

Although, come to think of it, it's no worse than what starting jazz musicians usually do here ...

As for the DFA: Uh-oh.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 am 
Officer? I thought C.O.P.S was an acronym.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 am 
Definitely creepy.

Why am I thinking of the story 'The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas'

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:33 pm 
ramoss wrote:
Definitely creepy.

Why am I thinking of the story 'The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas'

My first reaction as well!
Not exactly parallel, but the idea of the suffering of the few required to maintain the happiness of many... Now what will our heroes do?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:19 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:

Well, it could be to keep animals out. But more likely because The Artist thought it looked aesthetically pleasing.

No, it appears pretty obvious that the wall is meant to deter the "outsiders" or "misfits". Figures that Frog would identify with the misfits... But why would such a society even have "outsiders"? It appears that from the ancient times forward that here the observation that someone "looks" different (in this case, different species, let alone different race) is paid no nevermind. So what is it about the "outsiders" or "misfits" that even make them identifiable, let alone something to be scorned (or at least ignored)?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:22 pm 
Spirantz wrote:

I made the "Soylent Blue" reference after you mentioned that it always comes back to eating people.

Outsiders living beyond a wall, eh? In a supposed utopia? Poor Riff. :(

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:09 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

I made the "Soylent Blue" reference after you mentioned that it always comes back to eating people.

Outsiders living beyond a wall, eh? In a supposed utopia? Poor Riff. :(

Oh right. Well! I'm still not-so-secretly hoping that they've been stripped and eaten. Harvested for glamour parts and then zappoed just seems a bit wasteful to me. *Burp*

I'm also very curious what an outsider would look like. Maybe they won't be very appetising, afterall. I might end up rooting for the 'not food' option yet!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:26 pm 
swmartian wrote:
But why would such a society even have "outsiders"? It appears that from the ancient times forward that here the observation that someone "looks" different (in this case, different species, let alone different race) is paid no nevermind. So what is it about the "outsiders" or "misfits" that even make them identifiable, let alone something to be scorned (or at least ignored)?

I suspect that I would be an outsider, just because I value my privacy. I want to choose what I share and what I keep to myself. That seems to be a foreign concept in the anima world.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:21 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
swmartian wrote:
But why would such a society even have "outsiders"? It appears that from the ancient times forward that here the observation that someone "looks" different (in this case, different species, let alone different race) is paid no nevermind. So what is it about the "outsiders" or "misfits" that even make them identifiable, let alone something to be scorned (or at least ignored)?

I suspect that I would be an outsider, just because I value my privacy. I want to choose what I share and what I keep to myself. That seems to be a foreign concept in the anima world.

Facebook and Google would destroy this poor world. :kzk:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:54 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
swmartian wrote:

Although perhaps becoming not so foriegn, as they seek control over what information they provide through changing the appearance of their anima.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions