Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:52 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Unlike yesterday, Friday was prepared...

With Torg tacos!

\ :torg: / \ :torg: / \ :torg: / \ :torg: / \ :torg: /

And bug burritos!

( :kzk: ) ( :kzk: ) ( :kzk: ) ( :kzk: ) ( :kzk: )

YUM!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:19 am 
Oh, this is really good. I love the way we get to watch this society evolve, and all the norms and customs around the animas. Here's hoping for at least one more time-jump forward.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:27 am 
Man, I really love how Pete is always able to create some really intriguing storylines. For what it seemed like a nice lowdown plotline after the super heavy previous one, it has me on the edge of my seat.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:25 am 
Uh oh, Torg must have... Maybe this is spec... But he would never have left Zoe unless it was important.

It would be hard to have secrets when everyone can see that you have one.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:38 am 
I cheer for Gwynn for once :gwynn: .

Ah, classic kinda-like-break-up-haven't-seen-him-for-ages. If tropes are correct, Torg will actually turn out to be ████, or at least █████████.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:44 am 
Like the best of science fiction, Pete has altered one aspect of humanity ("What if you had a visible sign on you of what you were truly thinking and feeling") and uses characters, conflict, plot, and setting to flesh out all the ramifications.

I'm really hoping Pete has an endgame and explains why the DFA is doing this to them! :-)

I guess Scattleburg grew up in the last thousand years ...

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:28 am 
Uh-oh! There are faint shadows in the "enhanced" animas. The one on the right looks quite unhappy beneath the surface. If every dark spot is an eye or a mouth, then there are multiple suppressed faces in each anima. This can't possibly be good.

The stitches seem to be moving around a bit. That's perhaps not surprising given the immaterial nature of animas.

How do they do these "enhancements"? Do they stitch parts of different animas together? Where do those parts come from? Are there anima donors, like organ donors?

Suddenly I'm wondering what various soul-collecting and soul-trading demons would be able to do with an anima.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:49 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Uh-oh! There are faint shadows in the "enhanced" animas. The one on the right looks quite unhappy beneath the surface. If every dark spot is an eye or a mouth, then there are multiple suppressed faces in each anima. This can't possibly be good.

I wrote a post that apparently disappeared, where I said I half expected to see "plastic surgery" scars forcing the animas' faces into a rictus of a fake smile. "But this isn't nearly that creepy. Yet."

But I think you're right. I think there IS a sad/scared face under there. Aaaand we're right back to creepy.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:52 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:

I wrote a post that apparently disappeared, where I said I half expected to see "plastic surgery" scars forcing the animas' faces into a rictus of a fake smile. "But this isn't nearly that creepy. Yet."

But I think you're right. I think there IS a sad/scared face under there. Aaaand we're right back to creepy.

Yikes! I didn't notice that at first... Now it might be hard to get to sleep... So creepy. It's like a visual scream heard though a locked door.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:06 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Rombobjörn wrote:
Looks more like bruises to me other than faces.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:08 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
Looks more like bruises to me other than faces.

Looking more closely I think they are faces. If I imagine the situation as if it were in our world, where we cannot see people's true emotion, the women and their anima appear far too happy for the context.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:46 pm 
I'd believe either bruises or faces at this point. I'm sure they're unhappy.

The black smudges on the right one can definitely be a face. But there's also smudges all over their bodies. It could just be bruises, or other bad mojo.

Plastic surgery is DEFINITELY one way to hide your true emotions. I believe in our world we call it a botched job when that happens though...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions