Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:59 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Surprise! Thursday has a story for you. It's a continuation actually. This is part 7 of The Phone Story, I think... Yup, it is.

Part 7:
Spoiler: show
The human on one of this days off (Monday the 17th) is doing normal human things with his phone. Texting some people and making a couple of calls. Afterwards he proceeded to do other human things around his house.

Now since he is not working, he is not wearing the trousers he normally wears while working, which happens to have a pocket he uses to put it in. He is wearing jeans today, which does not have an appropriate pocket. So he tends to lay the phone down in weird places while not using it.

He decided he needed to do another necessary human thing of food procurement at the grocery store in the city. If you don't remember, he lives out in the country. Before leaving, he goes to pick up his phone, but no mater how much he searches, he can't find anywhere. He know it has to be around the house, since that is the only place he has been all day. His mate can't help because she is at work and he has no way to contact her due to not having his phone.

He needs to go to the grocery and he can't spend all day looking. Before he goes, he writes a note for his mate to call his phone and try to find it when she gets home. She should most definitely get back home before he is. About a couple of house before he will be back.

His mate comes home and read the note. Calls his phone. Walks around the house inside. Walks around the house outside. Nothing. Now I don't know it this an app or she has to contact the provider, but she "pings" his phone. She can see on a map where it is and has been.

Looking at the timeline, she can see it was at their house about an hour so ago. Then forward through time, she sees it go down their driveway, turn, and go on the road an pickup speed. Ultimately it ends up in the city where the grocery is at. It is very apparent where his phone is at so she waits for him to come home.

He returns. She shows him on her phone where his phone has been. They go out to his van. I should mention that his van he uses for work is not a full size one or really as big as a minivan either. It does have two side sliding doors and double back doors. Anyway, they start looking for his phone...but still can't find it. So she calls his phone. Ah ha! They can hear it. Still can't find it nor figure out where the sound is coming from in. Of course this would be a disappointing story if they never found it.

Surprise! They finally find his phone. In a very, very, unexpected place... It was sitting on the left corner, of the rear...bumper.

Yeah. All the bumps, turns, highway speeds, wind, acceleration...and it stayed on the bumper... He showed me where it was laying and there didn't seem to be too much friction holding it in place on the textured rubber on the top of the bumper.

After finding it he said to his mate something like, "This is a good thing. It shows I'm a safe cautious driver." Knowing her, I don't think she was all that impressed with his statement.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 5: Epilogue
Part 6

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:08 am 
"Let US escape," eh?? Hmmmmm.....

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:35 am 
Aylee is gonna be pissed when they get back. She was already upset about being left out and left behind previously and now they've been gone for a ridiculously long time. Bun-Bun will maybe have taken over everything.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:47 am 
Yup. New girlfriend for Riff.

I hope they don't forget Frog. He's hasn't done much during the space/time voyage. I was hopping to see more of him.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:22 am 
I don't know why I didn't see this coming. Of course the sorceress has to enter into the picture in some way after the introduction she had.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:43 am 
oh good, another inter-dimensional hitchhiker. wonder what her anima-abilities will be like in a different dimension.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:20 am 
Cow girl to the rescue! Perhaps because they are the most interesting people she has seen in her usually very boring life. It reminds me of that super villain who can control anyone's mind, which makes him extremely bored since he never has normal conversations. Like going through life in cheat mode.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
I don't know why I didn't see this coming. Of course the sorceress has to enter into the picture in some way after the introduction she had.

I chalked it up to her being uniquely cute. Too much creativity for a one off character.

I consider this type of guess cheating.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:38 am 
I like this cowgirl.
She's cute.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:55 pm 
As Riff points out, the DFA malfunction still hasn't been fixed (if he still doesn't know why it happened, he couldn't have fixed it). I don't think they are going home just yet. That means that the witch who enslaves the minds of men (does she have a real name yet?) isn't leaving anima-world just yet either, who knows if she ever will.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 pm 
Interesting that the guard says "keep both hands and all animas where we can view them."

Is he familiar with animas that need guarding? I.e. does he already know about the sorceress' shtick?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:37 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
garyfritz wrote:
Interesting that the guard says "keep both hands and all animas where we can view them."

Is he familiar with animas that need guarding? I.e. does he already know about the sorceress' shtick?
I don't really think the guard is talking about guarding their animas. These people rely entirely on seeing someones anima to know what they are actually thinking. If you conceal your anima from view, you could be plotting something.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 am 
Zillatain wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

I don't really think the guard is talking about guarding their animas. These people rely entirely on seeing someones anima to know what they are actually thinking. If you conceal your anima from view, you could be plotting something.

I wonder... In a society that relies on anima this way, would your ever really pay attention to what a person looked like? Or would something like love at first sight be about their anima?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:57 pm 
Probably. Then somebody who was beautiful but cruel, etc, would not be able to con and manipulate people like they can in our world.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:20 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

I wonder... In a society that relies on anima this way, would your ever really pay attention to what a person looked like? Or would something like love at first sight be about their anima?

No matter how pretty the anima, you still can't [say what you originally said here without it being censored. -Z]

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions