Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:13 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
It's is now Friday and the Sluggy Store still hungers for tributes from the Cards of the Cees and the secretive rituals of the Pals of the Paees.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:42 am 
I wonder what life in the Torg Lane is like?

What are they going to do when they run out of laser? It's not going to be pretty.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm 
Can we keep Daebo? Pleeeeeeeeeaase?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:33 pm 
Is Daebos anima afraid of the monster or is he feeling bad that he is lying to Torg?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:59 pm 
I hate to say this, but I haven't been this "meh" on a storyline since Torg Potter. It just feels like a massive unconnected tangent after several years of thread tying plotty goodness.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:15 am 
kitoba wrote:
I hate to say this, but I haven't been this "meh" on a storyline since Torg Potter. It just feels like a massive unconnected tangent after several years of thread tying plotty goodness.
Yeah...except this story doesn't even feel like it has a plot, unlike TP. Most likely there is one, but I still can't figure out where any of this is going.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:05 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Yeah...except this story doesn't even feel like it has a plot, unlike TP. Most likely there is one, but I still can't figure out where any of this is going.

I have very rarely been disappointed by Pete's storytelling wizardry. Sometimes it takes a while to get a story off the ground, but he just about always delivers.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:44 am 
garyfritz wrote:
Zillatain wrote:

I have very rarely been disappointed by Pete's storytelling wizardry. Sometimes it takes a while to get a story off the ground, but he just about always delivers.
Yeah he usually does. I don't know, it just feels like it is being stretched out more than it should and we're being giving little to no info. I mean, this strip --and others-- feels like it was two panels that have been expanded to six.

Well, at least that's what it feels like to me and I haven't been able to shake that feeling for awhile now.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:09 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
I don't know, it just feels like it is being stretched out more than it should and we're being giving little to no info. I mean, this strip --and others-- feels like it was two panels that have been expanded to six.

Well, at least that's what it feels like to me and I haven't been able to shake that feeling for awhile now.

Huh. Well you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't see it. The recent 4/26 strip for example: serious discussion about the need to protect others, along with Daebo's touching concern for the hedgedale. Torg promising he'll do it, Daebo countering that Riff's doing it. Torg figuring out that Riff's dissing him behind his back. A hilarious panel ("Torg should stay in Torg lane" still cracks me up). And then the setup for the battle with the monster.

That seems to me like six jam-packed panels.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions