Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:36 am 
I think Pete is just messing with us. Everything SEEMS FAMILIAR, but will never quite make the connection here.

Pete can't mess with us with friday cliffhangers now, so this is his new method.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:33 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Pete can't mess with us with friday cliffhangers now, so this is his new method.

You realize, of course, that the odds of us having a cliffhanger this Friday have just increased dramatically? With no resolution until Wednesday or Thursday... :bunbun:

I do agree with you that any familiarity with people we've seen in the past isn't really a connection.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:49 pm 
That's a really weird tower design. It looks like a small cottage has been grafted onto an already existing tower, as if to provide more room, and yet it looks like the tower must take up most of the room in the cottage. If the round tower wall continues through the cottage, then there doesn't seem to be much room between the tower wall and the cottage walls in most places.

"Hedgedale" sounds odd. I wonder why it's called that.

StatisticMan wrote:
By the way, the parallel-who is this sorceress? Lysinda??

I'll just note that she's standing in the sunshine.

garyfritz wrote:
Either she can fly, or she really loves climbing stairs. That penthouse must be, what, 8-10 stories up?

These people aren't spoiled by machines doing all the work for them. I'm sure they'll climb stairs if they need to. Still, she must have some really good reason to live up a tower instead of in a house on ground level. Is the ability to see far very important to her?

garyfritz wrote:
Her elfy-ears seem relatively normal for the locals. The horns, not so much. Hmm.

Hair down the sides of the head is also deviant in this world.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:02 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Dunno about elf. She strikes me as more Minotaur or Tauren-like, if you're familiar with WoW.

Not to me. She looks like a human with pointy ears and delicate nubs of horn, not like a bipedal cow. It would be easier to tell if we could see her legs/feet/hooves?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:50 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

You realize, of course, that the odds of us having a cliffhanger this Friday have just increased dramatically? With no resolution until Wednesday or Thursday... :bunbun:

To have a cliffhanger, it presupposes an expectation of a resolution -- either the next day, or after x number of days. Since we have no fixed expectations of the next comic day anymore, this sense of anticipation has dropped off the cliff to me.

Still enjoying it, mind you. But this tool has fallen out of pete's toolbox. And thus needs changing

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:18 am 
garyfritz wrote:
Her elfy-ears seem relatively normal for the locals. The horns, not so much. Hmm.

I knew something else was different but it slipped right by me. Not only does she have horns, she doesn't have big black eyes. Definitely not a local.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:46 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

Well picked.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:07 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
That's a really weird tower design.
could be perspective that makes it look weird. i'm thinking it might be a little cottage off to the side of the tower, built on the ledge. the tower does not pass through the cottage. she appears to be standing in one of the tower balconies just below the cottage.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:07 am 
garyfritz wrote:
I knew something else was different but it slipped right by me. Not only does she have horns, she doesn't have big black eyes. Definitely not a local.

Oh, right, the eyes! It's funny how easy it is to miss that something is abnormally normal, so to speak.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions