Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:48 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
The downtrodden raised their tentacles towards the sky as hope swelled with in their hearts!

Monday the Savior had come to save them from the Slaver of the Nothing which had enslaved them. All had been prophesied in the Book of Something. Everything till now has been shown to be all true and all will continue to be true in the future. There were no doubts about that.

But... A question lingered...

What happens when the all of the prophecies are complete?

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember, the prophecy says you must vote everyday!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:46 am 
Is this a tie-in to something?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:09 pm 
I think it's a tie-in for Torg being part genius, part dumbass, and all funny. Plus a setup for a showdown with the sour-cyst in the tower.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:30 am 
garyfritz wrote:
I think it's a tie-in for Torg being part genius, part dumbass, and all funny. Plus a setup for a showdown with the sour-cyst in the tower.

Hopefully Torg won't be too tongue-tied when they see the sorceress. Maybe his comical ways could have her in stitches. Though I think knot.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 am 
Riff seems really relaxed and happy. I guess with Dr. Schlock dead and Hereti-Corp down he feels much better now.
Even the friendship of Torg and Riff was able to regrow under these circumstances. :riff: :torg:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:59 pm 
Hmm...

I would've guessed it was because regardless of whether they're good or evil, the Shankrafts are honest about who they are and not at all duplicitous or conflicted people.

But then, if that were the case I guess Gwynn would be red.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 pm 
CodeBlack wrote:
I would've guessed it was because regardless of whether they're good or evil, the Shankrafts are honest about who they are and not at all duplicitous or conflicted people

I can see Torg's point. When you're in a group - particularly a group with little interaction with a larger whole, you tend to adapt the group's definition of what is "right" and assume that "right" is "good", even if it clearly isn't. Herd mentality. You kind of get sucked into thinking that group think is they way you should think. It's not just for cults - it works for small social groups, social media groups, tribes, families, etc.

Remove the individual from their old norm and place them into a new norm, and most people will adapt to the new norm.

In the case of Shankraft & Daiyu, they are not inherently evil, but they were content to work for an evil corporation and did not think about - or care about - the consequences of that work. Now that they live in normal society, they can function like "normal" people. If they are inherently evil, then they will seek out another hC when they return to normal Earth. Even if they don't acknowledge that they are now free or emancipated, my guess is that given the choice upon their return, they will remain in "normal" society - or maybe even continue to help the gang while they fight evil. If they would seek out another hC upon their return, I would think that their animas would be red to Zoƫ.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions