Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:36 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
It's time to get your butter churned for an exciting new series on the Sluggy Channel! Starting this Monday, "Gwynn the Dairy Queen" will titillate your taste buds with its hometown cheesy goodness.

There is no whey you will want to miss it!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:18 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Gwynn is just the worst. Of course she'd take a world like this and hide away from it. Her self deception is believing everyone is a terrible as she is, and so she can't handle the truth.

Even if there's some anima twist, she's still a toxic person and a bad friend. Being possessed and all that pain is a consequence of the poor actions she just keeps repeating.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:15 am 
zoe's emoji, i mean anima. i'm rofl :zoe:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:16 am 
The cheesemaker must be a well known grouch, thanks to her anima. Then again, she was a well known grouch in the other world, too. She never could hide her emotions there, either.

Is anyone else wondering why she bothers to isolate herself here?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:51 am 
Celadon wrote:
Gwynn is just the worst.

Agreed. In the space of one strip, she has gone back to being the least-likable character (IMO) in a world populated with mad scientists, evil corporations, and shady dealings.

I know she can be a decent person, and I'd hoped that a simpler life would giver her the opportunity. If it did, she's squandered it.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:05 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Celadon wrote:
Gwynn is just the worst.

Agreed.

But Zoe wouldn't be nearly as loveable without Gwynn to play off of. Every group needs someone to stab you in the eye with a fork.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:29 pm 
Gwynn is not having a gouda day. And her expression is blood-curding. She is such a Muenster.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:47 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
Celadon wrote:
Gwynn is just the worst.

Agreed. In the space of one strip, she has gone back to being the least-likable character

Not yet. Right now she's just telling her true feelings. As long as she don't act on them (like she did in the past), she's not yet at her worst.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:37 pm 
When the gang first arrived in this world, Gwynn seemed content enough - flirtatious and friendly with the locals to the point of getting invited to the mainland. Then Torg rises to hero status by helping Riff fight off monsters and she's suddenly sullen and withdrawn.

I guess I've never been in a situation where I've been friends with a group, but really could not stand one of the members. So I find it difficult to understand exactly why Gwynn is so contemptuous of Torg. I would have expected those feelings to have evolved by this point. Yeah, Torg is a goofball, but how many times does he have to save her behind before she at least grudgingly accepts him?

She still has feelings for Riff... I wonder if it's more jealously of Zoë & Torg, then antipathy towards Torg? Or does she really just need to be the center of attention? I dunno. This situation feels off somehow, but I trust Pete will make things clearer soon enough...

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:55 pm 
Be careful, Gwynn! Zoe the seer is right there; don't let your anima go RED!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:32 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Yeah, Torg is a goofball, but how many times does he have to save her behind before she at least grudgingly accepts him?

...I wonder if it's more jealously of Zoë & Torg, then antipathy towards Torg?

She does begrudingly accept him. I think she told him this a while back. And that pisses her off even more. lol. Zoe is but one of many factors... he's such a thoughtless goofball at times, yet seems to succeed at almost everything.

Her on the other hand....

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions