Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:41 pm 
Pied Typer wrote:
Growler wrote:
I don't know Pete's intention, but for some raisin I read Chauden's lines in an Irish accent.

I read it as a Cockney accent. He's obviously speaking with some kind of British accent.

I tried it again as a Cornish pirate, and it kind of worked.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:59 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
Love caribs!

Note that while Riff looks grumpy while he talks about capes, his anima is happy because he's eating pie. Maybe his grumpiness now and then is just what he likes to show the world.

Of course, that they wipe out the monsters around the town also means the carib can safely go there and trade.

Remember how Riff lived for many years with a carib woman. Alas, that was the Riff in Dimension of Rain, so he has no memory of it. But I wonder if he had time to mention it to Torg while he was telling him how he ended up in 4U City. "I lived with a woman who looked like a deer" shouldn't take too long.

I think your story's a little bit off. It was dor riff that lived with a Carib, he told riff prime about it. Dor riff seems to have rarely talked to dor torg (and torg rebooted afterwards anyway).the question is did riff prime tell bun bun about the caribs, and would bun bun connect the dots?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:21 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
yaysalt wrote:
the question is did riff prime tell bun bun about the caribs, and would bun bun connect the dots?
I don't think Bun-Bun would care either way.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:22 pm 
Biscuit wrote:
Chaudin (from the French word for stomach), also referred to as ponce or Southern Louisiana Ponce, is a meat dish from southern Louisiana, US, (primarily the southwestern portion of the state). It is a sausage-like variant made from ingredients sewn up in a pig's stomach. The stuffing includes spices, pork, rice (or it can be served over rice) and vegetables including onions and peppers. It can be prepared in a Dutch oven, crock pot, or baked in an oven and is often sold smoked. It is often made with a Holy Trinity Gravy, a roux with brown chopped onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic in water, broth or wine.

Sounds like Cajun haggis.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:46 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
yaysalt wrote:
the question is did riff prime tell bun bun about the caribs, and would bun bun connect the dots?
I don't think Bun-Bun would care either way.

Bunbun isn't even here.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:31 pm 
Are the pies made from real Swede?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:19 am 
I just realized that the creature pulling the wagon kind of looks like Kweepie a little bit. Or like the hamsters from HamsterNom. Someone was saying that it looked familiar. My initial thought was that it had eyes like a Carib. I thought it amusing that a Carib actually showed up. But with that front-facing shot of the creature, I was reminded of Kweepie/HamsterNom.

I have a theory on who the Sorceress might be. Jumping to Specs...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:02 am 
Spirantz wrote:
If you know what I mean. Who wants to re-read a chapter to help spot potentially familiar Carib? I don't want to say they all look the same to me, but.....
Woops! Racially insensitive comment . Sorry carib!

It's species, not a race. Unless they can produce fertile cross-breeds with humans.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions