Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:48 pm 
Wha......???

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:19 pm 
I just noticed the driver. Curious.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:31 pm 
Interesting. I expect this and the last story are going to make sense by the end of the chapter. I was wondering why the main characters were running away forever from a place where things were clearly being set up and not yet explained, but staying in a world with some of the same elements gives a chance to return to them.

That animal pulling the cart has really weirdly articulated legs, at least in the back. Probably to indicate it's not actually related to horses.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:37 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Spirantz wrote:
Very curious indeed. But even curiouser is the "beast of burden" pulling the cart. It looks very familiar...or Pete is just messing with us.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:53 pm 
The cart seems to have a giant crossbow on it.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Very curious indeed. But even curiouser is the "beast of burden" pulling the cart. It looks very familiar...or Pete is just messing with us.

What did it remind you of? It didn't ring a bell for me. Just a beast of burden, as you say. No anima, no interesting intelligence. Allegedly.

yaysalt wrote:
The cart seems to have a giant crossbow on it.

I assume that monster hunting job is a giant job. But they don't look worried at all.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:08 pm 
So a wagon-mounted ballista and a kobold chauffeur. Torg has his +5 Sword of Soul-Killing with a +2 bonus to situations requiring a witty retort, and Riff... well, he's Riff.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:53 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Spirantz wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
What did it remind you of? It didn't ring a bell for me. Just a beast of burden, as you say. No anima, no interesting intelligence. Allegedly.

Oh. Okay. Never mind. If nobody else sees it then it's definitely just me having a slight processor glitch.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:06 pm 
Spirantz wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday... I have to admit that this concept that some animals are "special" enough to have animas - and should be treated accordingly (i.e., not killed and eaten), and other animals do not have animas and therefore it is acceptable to either kill them or exploit them (in the case of the animal pulling the cart), bothers me. I am a meat eater, but I acknowledge that it is not really "fair" to the animal which has a level of feeling that is probably more than we give them credit for. But instead we decide that an animal doesn't really matter because they're not good enough to have a real soul (anima) and that makes it OK to eat them or exploit them. And that way, we don't really have to think about it... I don't really mean to dredge up a whole "should we be vegetarian?" argument, it is just what popped into my mind when I processed the difference between the indigenous animal pulling the cart, and the indigenous animal driving the cart.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 pm 
The sluggy gang ate someone with an anima. They didn't discriminate :)

(details aside)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:48 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
But even curiouser is the "beast of burden" pulling the cart. It looks very familiar...or Pete is just messing with us.

Oh. Okay. Never mind. If nobody else sees it then it's definitely just me having a slight processor glitch.

It's not just you... my thought at seeing the cart beast was "non-sapient Carib ancestor".

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions