Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
Sotanaht wrote:
Torgs anima has two heads because that fits Torgs personality. He switches from "lovable goofball" to "genius leader" and back almost as if he were two people.

If that hypothesis is correct, then Shankraft's two-faced anima should indicate that he has a similarly split personality. But Riff also switches between hero mode, where he cares about right and wrong and focuses on rescuing whatever needs rescuing at the moment, and freelance bum mode, where he cares about blowing stuff up and focuses on female skin. Yet I've only seen one face on his anima.

I know what you mean, but I think there is a significant difference between Riff and Torg. Torg knows his two-part nature, and can't quite reconcile them. He sometimes purposefully uses his "lovable-goofball-ness" in his "genius leader" role. Perhaps another way to look at it is his two selves seem dissonant, mutually exclusive, especially from an outside perspective--Squishy-do-do, though of course,it did not bother Sasha. Torg knows he has two sides.

Riff considers himself as himself. He may have different aspects, but he's always genuinely Riff.

If the anima are reflections/incarnations of the perception of the self, not what their souls are, but what they think of themselves. Maybe...

It occurs to me that Riff thinks of himself as being potentially evil (for example, he considered himself a via candidate for His Masterness in the DoR), but hasn't really shown much tendency to follow through with this in reality. I definitely think of him as more straightforward - if there's something he thinks needs to be done, he does it, or else he pursues whatever is most attractive to him.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:09 am 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
It occurs to me that Riff thinks of himself as being potentially evil (for example, he considered himself a via candidate for His Masterness in the DoR), but hasn't really shown much tendency to follow through with this in reality...

I concur with your assessment. However, perhaps he works so hard to defeat evil around him because of this--he thinks he knows what evil is because he recognizes it in himself. He thinks Torg doesn't (Sam, Oasis).

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions