Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:06 pm 
Ugh, that's some dirty business. Hope revenge was worth it Oasis...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:35 pm 
kromiller wrote:
So now there is a Kusari/Sasha satellite, but no body to inhabit. Wonder what happens in that situation?

Wasn't there another Kusasha on Earth? I've lost track. I was thinking one went dormant (in the truck, panel 1) when Sasha and Polsk went into space...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:10 pm 
I'll let you know my reaction after I determine where my jaw rolled off to once it hit the floor....

garyfritz wrote:
kromiller wrote:
So now there is a Kusari/Sasha satellite, but no body to inhabit. Wonder what happens in that situation?

Wasn't there another Kusasha on Earth? I've lost track. I was thinking one went dormant (in the truck, panel 1) when Sasha and Polsk went into space...

Hmm. I was under the impression that the Zappo'ing of her reproduction site was the end of the line - and that these two were the last Kusari. But Pete may need to clear this up for certain... I am disturbed - more because of how it happened than that it happened - and perhaps a little sad. But had they survived, they would most likely have ended up hanging around the gang for lack of any direction. There they would not have been trusted and never fully accepted. Their capacity for envy suggests that would have been a dangerous and untenable situation. This ending is for the best - and as others have said, well written.
StatisticMan wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
Dark. But I think it wipes out almost all the remnants of hC. Mr. and Mrs. Shankraft must be about the only survivors...

Oh, almost forgot: Frog is still around, too!

We don't know that. Last we saw he was in a cage on the station - we never saw that cage get moved to any of the vessels leaving the station...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:43 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Dark. But I think it wipes out almost all the remnants of hC. Mr. and Mrs. Shankraft must be about the only survivors...

Why do you think the Shankraft's have survived?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:41 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
BeachBull wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

Why do you think the Shankraft's have survived?

Because they are with the main group, the other ship was everyone else abandoning and you see the Shankrafts still with Torg next strip.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:23 pm 
I think BeachBull is suggesting the REAL reason they survived is because The Cartoonist has Plans for them.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:44 pm 
JEEZ. Schlock's corpse is barely a popsicle and Oasis is already vying for top spot as the strip's main villain.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:40 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Wow, I did not expect that. Yet it fits. This is the great then in Sluggy. Unexpected but fitting for the characters.
And yet, I don't want Sasha to be completely without possibility for growth (dead).
I wonder how Torg would feel about being held up as a paragon of virtue. He did indeed treat her that way. But he has his own darkness and demons to work through.

Her satellite still exists, so she's not dead. She has bodies too... they're just in another dimension, so probably inactive. Funny enough, the person she was specifically targeting is the only one to survive Oasis' wrath.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:55 am 
StatisticMan wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

Don't forget about the Eye-patch Peg-leg Corsairs. But I think, it's just a matter of time until they join their former colleages...
Quite suprising, that the hC goons that are under bun-bun's command survived longer than the rest of them.

Yeah, that was incredibly mean of Oasis. They killed off the entire crew of the Silver awl not just the two persons she had something to settle with (and who forced Dr. Montgommery to make her whole again AND decided not to kill her). It's hard to imagine how she can be redeemed for that.

Probably the same holds true for bun-bun taking into account all the pain, death and suffering that he has caused. It might be for the best if the final confrontation of the two will lead to the end for both of them.

Now it's possible that "you monsters" was aimed at Hereti-Corp in general, given that the Corp is ultimately responsible.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:59 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
As has been pointed out I'm pretty sure Kusari is still alive. She has a body planetside.

edit: If the "pyrokinesis" is actually a satellite ray gun, why does it krackle and stuff inside her targets? That makes it seem like she is starting the fire with her mind.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:17 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
edit: If the "pyrokinesis" is actually a satellite ray gun, why does it krackle and stuff inside her targets? That makes it seem like she is starting the fire with her mind.

I think it's the natural heating up of things. No matter what you start it with, wood still crackles in the fire.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:56 am 
Given that Montgomery (right?) was going to offer the government information on HC--and, I assume, HC's tech--in exchange for immunity, what Oasis just did completed the job she started by burning the station. Information lives in brains as well as on drives. That doesn't appear to be Oasis's motive, but it is a result.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:42 am 
eldion wrote:
I wonder if Chaz will still consider Oasis innocent...

Oasis: guess I'm in charge of my own actions now. I started this day innocent. Guess I have to be a good girl and stop killing now to retain that!

....wait, hold on a second. *Blows up the spaceship*

Okay. STARTING NOW!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:27 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
Aedit: If the "pyrokinesis" is actually a satellite ray gun, why does it krackle and stuff inside her targets? That makes it seem like she is starting the fire with her mind.

Yeah that bothers me too -- same concern I raised for the previous strip. It looks like everything on the INSIDE burst into flames, but the shuttle shows no signs of heat on the OUTSIDE. The windows lit up yellow but it doesn't look like the heat was transferred in from the outside surface. A shuttle would have to survive re-entry heating without roasting its passengers, so I would think it would take a MASSIVE amount of heat on the outside to make the inside suddenly burst into flames. And that much heat would almost certainly leave a mark on the outside.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Dodger77 wrote:
Aedit: If the "pyrokinesis" is actually a satellite ray gun, why does it krackle and stuff inside her targets? That makes it seem like she is starting the fire with her mind.

Yeah that bothers me too. It looks like everything on the INSIDE burst into flames, but the shuttle shows no signs of heat on the OUTSIDE. The windows lit up yellow but it doesn't look like the heat was transferred in from the outside surface.

Maybe it's supposed to be some kind of localized heat transfer method that ''teleports'' heat to a specific location? I'm not an expert at thermodynamics or physics, I'm just techno-babbling, but it could make sense? I dunno.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions