Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:09 am 
garyfritz wrote:
Dark. But I think it wipes out almost all the remnants of hC. Mr. and Mrs. Shankraft must be about the only survivors...

Oh, almost forgot: Frog is still around, too!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:13 am 
Wow! That's a shock.

But it reminds me of what Hereti-Corp did to the base in China, sending all those people into random dimensions where they have nothing. And Hereti-Corp killed people, and was prepared to zap entire cities.

Kusashi acted under orders when she killed Feng, but even while freed from the control she wanted to kill Oasis. She only refrained from it because it was the last thing she had to do in the world, and without it she would be directionless. It would have been nice to see her try to find something else, but looking at it clearly - her initial reaction with a free will was to kill Oasis. That isn't a good personality to start with.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:53 am 
Wow. Tabula rasa... And Chaz considered at least one of the Kusashis innocent...

While working for a criminal organisation is hazardous, frying them running away is IMHO wrong. There's a half-hearted justification for Dr Montgomery, but beyond that...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:28 am 
Can we press reset button inside of her satellite, to get Oasis into "innocent little girl" mode? Because as this point, oblivion is the only salvation left for her (except for death).

Meanwhile Kusari is banished to her own brain, for eternity...
Quote:
Probably the same holds true for bun-bun taking into account all the pain, death and suffering that he has caused. It might be for the best if the final confrontation of the two will lead to the end for both of them.
Bun-Bun is a part of the 'team' lol. He's "number three". Therefore all that pain and suffering is hilarious instead of being angsty mess you're trying to make it seem as.

Last edited by VcSaJen on Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:47 am 
Did not see that coming at all ... nicely plotted, Pete. I can understand Oasis making that decision, even if it's not the one I would make. The sign of good writing, I think.

However, I am VERY upset about the total and complete elimination of HC, over the chaos and anarchy that will soon ensue when people realize they can't satisfy their craving for House of Cheese pizza any longer ...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Kusashi acted under orders when she killed Feng, but even while freed from the control she wanted to kill Oasis. She only refrained from it because it was the last thing she had to do in the world, and without it she would be directionless. It would have been nice to see her try to find something else, but looking at it clearly - her initial reaction with a free will was to kill Oasis. That isn't a good personality to start with.

True, but to be fair, she only wanted to defeat her in a fair fight. Even if she did destroy her current body, she would still have to destroy her satellite or at least her cloning facility to do her any permanent harm. Also, despite her petty obsessions she did show much potential for growth and at least a bit of reconsideration of her mindset. I mean, she only recently learned how to honestly apologize for the things she genuinely felt remorse for, so I wouldn't have put it past her capacity to get over her envy at some point.

Last edited by Scumbag_Undead on Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:39 am 
Biscuit wrote:
However, I am VERY upset about the total and complete elimination of HC, over the chaos and anarchy that will soon ensue when people realize they can't satisfy their craving for House of Cheese pizza any longer ...

The House of Cheese arm of hC might survive. Most employees don't know anything about their evil overlords. And isn't house of Cheese what Frog is in charge of? (Going to check)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:15 am 
I thought it was obvious the Kusari multiplex was going to kill whoever intercepted them ('I also have options'). It's probable they would've caused havoc and death to the relatively-innocent. Plus, evolution hates AOL.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:19 am 
Despite the fact that I was wondering what was next for Sasha and I kind of like her character, that was deserved and satisfying.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:25 am 
Dark, man. Didn't see it coming. Wonder what happens to a Kusari "mind" that can't occupy new bodies?

I have to wonder how you can incinerate the inside of an inflatable ship without melting it.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:17 am 
Okay, HC is now wiped out, Oasis is acting surprisingly human... and vengeful and terrifying.. yadda yadda yadda
Did anyone else notice the bacon in the guy's hat in the second panel. Cause that's my take away from the whole thing... too bad we wont' be seeing him again. Sigh.. such a waste of bacon.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:20 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
She could do the same to Bun-Bun's ship which reminds me.... why exactly did he leave with Oasis intact?

She only was sure she could do this after Riff asked her to burn the inside of the station he she succeeded. Bunbun is already far at this point. Also, not responsible for killing Feng.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:08 am 
Oh my goodness. Oasis...
I don't know how I feel. I was hoping that Sasha and Polsk might redeem themselves...but they also have their own agendas. Maybe this was best. And Oasis, for all that she might try to be better, is still human. She went through a lot, and she lost someone close to her. I can understand her actions, even if Kusari had no choice at the moment that it happened.

So now there is a Kusari/Sasha satellite, but no body to inhabit. Wonder what happens in that situation? Wonder if Riff will find it at some point, or if that will even be a thing.

I am guessing Oasis will go back to the Zalias once back on Earth. That's her family now. She doesn't really care about BunBun...he's the one that wanted a show down, not her.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 am 
I wonder if Chaz will still consider Oasis innocent...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:59 am 
VcSaJen wrote:
Quote:
Probably the same holds true for bun-bun taking into account all the pain, death and suffering that he has caused. It might be for the best if the final confrontation of the two will lead to the end for both of them.
Bun-Bun is a part of the 'team' lol. He's "number three". Therefore all that pain and suffering is hilarious instead of being angsty mess you're trying to make it seem as.

Bun-bun's actions are hillarious in a certain way. I think that's why Pete kept him as a major character - the entertainment factor. He's like Cartman from South Parc or Belkar from Order of the Stick. Yet, these characters are still guilty of killing, hurting and humiliating innocent or mostly innocent people and these deeds remaining unpunished feels very unsatisfying.

That said - I think, that this action of Oasis will also lead to a punishment or at least a struggle to find redemption. In contrast to bun-bun at least she admits that she did something morally reprehensible.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions