Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:31 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
The prophecy has come to pass! The Dark One has a risen! The fate of the entire world now rest upon your shoulders, Monday!

You must head out this instance! You have a job that must be done. Only you can perform this task. If not, the whole world will descend into chaos... You must go to the Dark One, and become...the Janitor of Darkness!

Here's your broom and mop. Be sure to clean up all the messes that the Dark One is about to commit while taking over the world. Destroyed cities and heinous atrocities don't clean themselves you know.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote everyday, otherwise the Dark One will be displeased!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:11 am 
And I think that's the true end of Hereti-Corp. Its mysteries are laid bare, all its core members defeated, captured, or otherwise neutralized. Even if some of the leftovers stir, it'll never again be under the flag of Hereti-Corp.

So let's raise a glass, to the house that Steve Hereti built. May it never rise again.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:03 am 
Which leaves one other major plot arc (and potentially many more minor arcs) to wrap up. The major arc is K'Z'K. The more minor arcs include Oceans Unmoving (although this could still dovetail in with the major arc), Bun-Bun's holiday vendetta, Torg Potter. etc. There's arcs that are arguably wrapped up but still have a chance of reemerging like Psykosis' DOP and the vampires. Mostly the K'Z'K arc is the only one that really needs to be finished for Sluggy to have a satisfying conclusion, but it will still be kind of disappointing if we never get to see another Torg Potter parody or see a final confrontation between Santa and Bun-Bun (at least an acknowledgement that he's aware Bun-Bun is back). Not sure how long term Pete expects Sluggy 20+ to last. It took over a year to get to this point from an arc that was already underway. Probably at least 2 more years even if he only works on what he needs to do to wrap it up, so he may not be interested in continuing other arcs.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:58 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
*Pushes up glasses*, I would have just gone everything outside the red zone being the safe zone, and everything inside the red zone being the "danger zone". See those missiles ride into the danger zone. The less intense the red orb the hotter the intensity.

And Hereti Corp went out how Riff would have wanted. A giant explosions followed by a more gianter explosion.

Cool how Oasis's eyes still have a magic-y glow when they set stuff on fire.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:25 am 
Riff's reaction to the explosion is so Riff.

I liked that the glare wasn't red too, though the color reminds me of other dimensions/timeless voids, (and it took me a minute to get the reference to the national anthem).

I can imagine the relief that they will eventually feel once they finally have a chance to breathe.

Will they be able to believe it? hC is finally gone. Oasis is free. Sasha is free. Riff's DoR trauma has been averted. Torg doesn't need to be Mastermind of anything. He and Zoe can be together. And Gwynn...oh, there is the problem. I do hope that at least some celebration and debriefing happens before they have to deal with that!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 am 
The missiles "not being red" could be a very big problem. What if those aren't explosions?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:25 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
The missiles "not being red" could be a very big problem. What if those aren't explosions?

Well. Oasis got to it first at least.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:27 am 
They LOOK like (space) explosions. What else would they be?

I thought Oasis' fire came from the fire cannon on her satellite. Apparently that got re-installed. But it looked like the space station heated from the **inside** -- not from the side getting lasered by her satellite.

When she torched Bun-Bun, they were inside a building. I never quite understood how that jived with a space-based fire cannon. But looking back at it, I see Bun-Bun's party favors blew out the roof above the pool, so... hm.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:06 am 
That went....Unexpectedly well, for now.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:29 am 
Hmmmm...I wonder if the comment about the glare not being red means anything, as well. I didn't think it did. But maybe it does. But hopefully Oasis fried all the data and it doesn't matter.

Also, I am wonder where Sasha and Polsk actually ended up. I would assume they are on the XT-34 with the gang, since they wouldn't be with BunBun and I don't know that they would have gone on the Silver Awl with the former HC employees. But who knows. I guess if they still want a show-down with Oasis, or think they do, then they would want to be with her on the ship. And they also probably feel better with the gang than anywhere else. Hopefully they are with them.
Oh...I wonder where Frog ended up? Heh. On the Silver Awl?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:12 pm 
Since Biyu had Frog in a cage, and she and Shankraft were apparently unaware of the evacuation, I don't think Frog had a chance to board the Silver Awl. If he's not aboard the XT-34 then he's thoroughly cooked now.

I thought the XT-34 had been permanently popped, but apparently they managed to patch it up. It remains to be seen whether that tape can survive reentry.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:27 pm 
"crackleine" - <giggle>.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:41 pm 
I must be missing something. Why did Oasis need to torch the satellite? Wouldn't the American rockets have destroyed it all anyway? Was it just to establish the fact that Oasis has control over her combustion cannon now?

That also raises the question of why would they reinstall that cannon in the first place. Oasis is "free" now (Hereti-corp is gone, Kusari and she seem to have settled into an uneasy truce)... why would Torg and Riff give her back that kind of firepower (especially given what happened to both Zoe and Bun-Bun)?

I have other concerns about Oasis' satellite but it's probably too speccy to ask at this point.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:42 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
They LOOK like (space) explosions. What else would they be?

I thought Oasis' fire came from the fire cannon on her satellite. Apparently that got re-installed. But it looked like the space station heated from the **inside** -- not from the side getting lasered by her satellite.

When she torched Bun-Bun, they were inside a building. I never quite understood how that jived with a space-based fire cannon. But looking back at it, I see Bun-Bun's party favors blew out the roof above the pool, so... hm.

Microwaves most likely.

As for the missiles, they look just a little bit like DFA zappos to me.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:31 am 
jjones730 wrote:
why would Torg and Riff give her back that kind of firepower?

They didn't. It was done by Montgomery, supervised by Kusashi.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions