Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:57 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday is not going to be as fun outside since the windchill is not as low as yesterday's.

Disappointing...

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:06 am 
Her Anima is not as small as I thought. Bigger than eyeball.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:10 am 
I'm just glad Zoe has a soul. I was worried for a while there.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:57 am 
Frog and Kiki have spirits as well, but we don't know what they are. And why did that bird have a fish spirit?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:50 am 
Frog’s looked to me like a, well, frog. So I’m guessing it’s Corsica, as someone else suggested yesterday.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:56 pm 
I guess Zoe's is somehow a result of her "protection"...?

Can't wait to see what the fog does.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:28 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
I guess Zoe's is somehow a result of her "protection"...?

I doubt there's any type of influence on her emoji, other than her own.

But hey, only time will tell.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:51 pm 
I'm pretty sure NOBODY interpreted the cat sniffing at Riff as "Oh, I guess Gwynn still has it bad for Riff"

Gwynn betrays herself more than her anima does. newb!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:45 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
I'm pretty sure NOBODY interpreted the cat sniffing at Riff as "Oh, I guess Gwynn still has it bad for Riff"

Gwynn betrays herself more than her anima does. newb!

Truth.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:27 am 
Well, at least we know that "hiding behind the back" thing was not accidental. Zoe's embarrassed by it, so it responded to her feelings and hid.
Hmm, judging by Gwynn's cat, Anima can travel at least five meters away from body.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:11 am 
Gwynn's anima is a cat because witches have cats, of course. Ah, finally got to see Zoe's anima! How weird it would be to live with those constantly.

I wonder if it will turn out that her anima can actually change size and be bigger than all of them in dire situations. She is the Storm Breaker, after all.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:05 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Gwynn's anima is a cat because witches have cats, of course. Ah, finally got to see Zoe's anima! How weird it would be to live with those constantly.

I wonder if it will turn out that her anima can actually change size and be bigger than all of them in dire situations. She is the Storm Breaker, after all.

Torgs anima has two heads because that fits Torgs personality. He switches from "lovable goofball" to "genius leader" and back almost as if he were two people.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:13 pm 
The first comic in a long while that I've had a good hard laugh over. A nice return to form*!

* That is delivering plot, drama, and comedy all in one strip!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:17 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:
Torgs anima has two heads because that fits Torgs personality. He switches from "lovable goofball" to "genius leader" and back almost as if he were two people.

If that hypothesis is correct, then Shankraft's two-faced anima should indicate that he has a similarly split personality. But Riff also switches between hero mode, where he cares about right and wrong and focuses on rescuing whatever needs rescuing at the moment, and freelance bum mode, where he cares about blowing stuff up and focuses on female skin. Yet I've only seen one face on his anima.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:42 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Sotanaht wrote:

If that hypothesis is correct, then Shankraft's two-faced anima should indicate that he has a similarly split personality. But Riff also switches between hero mode, where he cares about right and wrong and focuses on rescuing whatever needs rescuing at the moment, and freelance bum mode, where he cares about blowing stuff up and focuses on female skin. Yet I've only seen one face on his anima.

I know what you mean, but I think there is a significant difference between Riff and Torg. Torg knows his two-part nature, and can't quite reconcile them. He sometimes purposefully uses his "lovable-goofball-ness" in his "genius leader" role. Perhaps another way to look at it is his two selves seem dissonant, mutually exclusive, especially from an outside perspective--Squishy-do-do, though of course,it did not bother Sasha. Torg knows he has two sides.

Riff considers himself as himself. He may have different aspects, but he's always genuinely Riff.

If the anima are reflections/incarnations of the perception of the self, not what their souls are, but what they think of themselves. Maybe...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions