Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:13 am 
Are the Kusashas still planning to fight Oasis? I guess they want a little recreation while they're waiting for the satellite to be repaired.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:27 am 
Well played, Sasha, well played.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:30 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
garyfritz wrote:
He's a stronger man than I am... but yeah. You go, Riff.

Trying to decide if Torg would be proud of him, or think he's totally nuts...

I don't think it' a matter of being proud, but he would definitely understand. It isn't about Riff resisting some kind of temptation, it's Riff dealing with old (and new) wounds caused by someone who was an actor in the betrayal of his trust, to put things in the most accurate way possible.

Sasha never had any agency up until recently, and she find herself in a weird position where she never had a saying in what she did to Riff, yet know she was key in hurting him. At the same time, she is now trying to finally find herself, and it start by trying to reconcile with the only thing to her that is close to a family. And it's hard for her to quit her old ways.

She can't force Riff, but I understand that she is trying to reconnect with him.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:08 pm 
She's still emotionally unstable, looking for some kind of anchor and was just rejected by Riff who she thought could be it TWICE. That could have some repercussions. From Riff's point of view it was obviously the right decision (never, EVER trust a spy). From hers, it could destroy her.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:25 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Sasha never had any agency up until recently, and she find herself in a weird position where she never had a saying in what she did to Riff, yet know she was key in hurting him. At the same time, she is now trying to finally find herself, and it start by trying to reconcile with the only thing to her that is close to a family. And it's hard for her to quit her old ways.

She can't force Riff, but I understand that she is trying to reconnect with him.

Not entirely true. Although she had to follow orders, it was up to her how she interpreted and followed through with them.

It's not like she was ordered to love Riff like Oasis had to love Torg. If anything, I'd assume her feelings for Riff are potentially MUCH more real than Oasis' were for Torg because she had the freedom to act this out however she wanted. For many many years.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I'm in love with this comic.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:32 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:

Not entirely true. Although she had to follow orders, it was up to her how she interpreted and followed through with them.

It's not like she was ordered to love Riff like Oasis had to love Torg. If anything, I'd assume her feelings for Riff are potentially MUCH more real than Oasis' were for Torg because she had the freedom to act this out however she wanted. For many many years.

I got the feeling that her "flexible obedience" was really just an expression of how much she was growing/breaking free at the end there. Once Schlock had given the order to terminate her (at least as she saw it), she attained escape velocity.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:46 am 
BobSasuke wrote:
Still the closest to normal human interaction she probably has ever had.

Don't forget that she was in a sham marriage to that politician's aide. Riff isn't the only person she's been ordered to bond with for espionage purposes. One of her may have had more fake relationships and friendships off-screen.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:07 am 
Kea wrote:
BobSasuke wrote:
Still the closest to normal human interaction she probably has ever had.

Don't forget that she was in a sham marriage to that politician's aide. Riff isn't the only person she's been ordered to bond with for espionage purposes. One of her may have had more fake relationships and friendships off-screen.

True, but I'd argue that her interaction with Torg, Riff, Gwynn, Zoe, Aylee (and Sam) was the most significant. It certainly was to Schlock, and his emotional focus on our team would have translated into her focus, whereas the other off-screen relationships may have been assigned and left to run by themselves.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:20 am 
Kea wrote:
Where did the Kusashis get lingerie on a space station? To be honest, I'm not sure why they still like Riff. He was a terrible boyfriend.

From Schlock's stash, of course. They weren't exactly the best girlfriend, either. But come on, Rifff, you're passing up IDENTICAL TWINS!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:40 am 
Oh, come on Riff! You know she was almost never in control! Wait, he does know, right? But yes, I get why he is so hesitant to make contact with her again, regardless.... I can't decide if Kusari's idea was adorably awkward or plain ingenious.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 am 
Ophidiophile wrote:
But come on, Rifff, you're passing up IDENTICAL TWINS!

Ewww. Twincest. Why don't guys ever realize this?

Well, luckily this is a case of one person in 2-3 bodies, so somehow that makes it less gross and weird. Lol...

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:24 pm 
Scumbag_Undead wrote:
...adorably awkward...

That 'adorable awkwardness' was so well drawn in Panel 3 that as a straight woman, I would have a hard time saying no to that face. Riff has amazing self-control.... Of course, being shot at point blank probably has some influence over that self-control...

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:26 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Spirantz wrote:
Ophidiophile wrote:
But come on, Rifff, you're passing up IDENTICAL TWINS!

Ewww. Twincest. Why don't guys ever realize this?

Well, luckily this is a case of one person in 2-3 bodies, so somehow that makes it less gross and weird. Lol...

It's not incest if this is the same person.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:10 pm 
It would also (presumably) be two facets of Sasha getting it on with Riff -- NOT with each other.

Besides, the incest taboo is rooted in genetic concerns -- the danger of deformed offspring due to too much shared genetic info. *If* the two Sashas dallied with each other, there would be no offspring and thus no genetic risk.

So there's no reason why Riff couldn't invite the two Shashas in to play. Unless he still has residual squishiness about, yaknow, her trying to kill him.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions