Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Bad Riff! Monday wanted an eight month chapter of you participating in and initiating many high jinks in another dimension before finally figuring out a complex and explosive way back to the gang.

But fine, I guess this works too...

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote everyday.

Post subject: Too bad
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:45 am 
Too bad they didn't have their insect people hats for a twist ending "time to feed, sister!" (or however that went)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:22 am 
Finally - Torg and Riff reunited.

But the A.I. is still in charge of the station, Oasis is still out and Kusari is still armed and acting very strange. This story arc is far from over.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:50 am 
Aww, I love it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:46 am 
YES!!!! Riff is back and on the station!!! And while Zoe is angry at him, she will get over it. It's the emotional rush of almost losing him, and the whole day/experience.
As for the A.I. controlling the station, who knows if it will do anything more. Schlock didn't command it to do anything...and it only malfunctioned when it was rammed. Now that that is done, it probably will just sit there doing nothing, waiting for more commands from Schlock that won't happen.
I am not all that worried about Sasha/Kusari, as I think she is coming around.
And anyone can go turn Oasis back on. I wouldn't be surprised if Kiki hasn't already found her big shiny ON/OFF button and pushed it. Heh.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:36 am 
Awwwww, man hug! Followed by a punch?

Maybe a group Kusasha hug next? Or a Gwynn kick to the nuts?

I'm calling free-game on hug/punch spec for today only!
(I'm granting myself that power, as empowered by the manhug.)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:36 pm 
StatisticMan wrote:
<snip> ... Oasis is still out ... </snip>

Is she? We haven't seen her, but I thought that Kusari/Sasha made Dr. Montgomery "fix" her before Dr. M was allowed to go to the Silver Awl? Is she "fixed" now but just "off"??

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 am 
swmartian wrote:
StatisticMan wrote:

Is she? We haven't seen her, but I thought that Kusari/Sasha made Dr. Montgomery "fix" her before Dr. M was allowed to go to the Silver Awl? Is she "fixed" now but just "off"??

Yep, she is fixed but OFF....at least she was when we last saw her. Who knows, by now maybe Kiki has turned her back on. :kiki:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:50 pm 
kromiller wrote:
swmartian wrote:
StatisticMan wrote:

Yep, she is fixed but OFF....at least she was when we last saw her. Who knows, by now maybe Kiki has turned her back on. :kiki:

I thought that the last time that we saw her, Sasha was threatening Dr. M and letting her know that she would not be evacuating until after Dr. M fixed her 'sister'. Dr. M is now on the Silver Awl. So we do not actually know of Oasis' condition - only that Dr. M was allowed to leave and that we have not yet seen her since then.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:29 am 
AOL: Eagle299
When I was about 3 or 4, I decided to play hide and seek with my parents in a department store. Without thinking to tell them. This sent both into a panic, my Mom super emotional, my Dad angry. I barely remember the incident. I was very little. I mostly recall it from Mom talking about it from time to time. When they did find me, both their moods did a complete 180. Dad was super happy to find me, Mom was angry, yelling at me for scaring them like that.

Torg and Zoe's reactions seem completely natural here.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:39 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
swmartian wrote:
I thought that the last time that we saw her, Sasha was threatening Dr. M and letting her know that she would not be evacuating until after Dr. M fixed her 'sister'. Dr. M is now on the Silver Awl. So we do not actually know of Oasis' condition - only that Dr. M was allowed to leave and that we have not yet seen her since then.

It's amazing how quickly people forget. The latest known state of Oasis is mostly back together but waiting for Kusari to make some kind of choice. Montgomery was "allowed" to leave only in the sense that it was predictable that she would run away when left alone.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:40 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
It's amazing how quickly people forget. The latest known state of Oasis is mostly back together but waiting for Kusari to make some kind of choice. Montgomery was "allowed" to leave only in the sense that it was predictable that she would run away when left alone.

Right. Oasis is pretty much back together, she just needs to be turned back on. Who knows what Dr. Montgomery was going to ask. Probably if she wanted to tie Oasis back up before turning her on. Regardless, she's ready to go. Just needs someone to flip the switch. Like maybe a curious ferret. Or anyone who comes to rescue her. Like any of the team, now that things seem to be getting resolved.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:06 am 
StatisticMan wrote:
Finally - Torg and Riff reunited.

But the A.I. is still in charge of the station, Oasis is still out and Kusari is still armed and acting very strange. This story arc is far from over.

If you are talking about Kusari kicking torg in the spine and stuff, she did exactly what she needed to do. Not waiting for the idiot to finish talking and giving him a "push" in the most expedient manner is was their best chance for getting to the DFA cannon in time. If they had taken any more time it may have simply fired again. Overall though, her behavior is certainly quite strange even (or especially) for her, so who can say what will happen.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:19 pm 
I wonder if there's a solution where everyone hugs and makes up like Torg and Riff.

I also wonder how good or bad the AI really is (quality wise). Is it still to be feared without access to a DFA?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions