Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:45 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Where did it ever explicitly say that?

In Rombobjörn's ref, panel 2, Gwynn definitely says they have to take their DFA and go.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:20 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Where did it ever explicitly say that?

In Rombobjörn's ref, panel 2, Gwynn definitely says they have to take their DFA and go.

That's not a technical specification. That's just a pissed off secretary telling them to piss off...

Anything beyond that is an assumption.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:10 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Sasha says: "The remote is synchronized with the base unit, so if I move it to fiddle with it, they won't be able to use the remote at all." I suppose anyone is free to believe that Kusari lies for some unknown reason.

Riff says: "Oh wait, I need that!" He doesn't explicitly say what he needs the DFA for, but on the agreed-on date he returns to the same spot and sets up the DFA.

They always call it a "remote", which suggests that some kind of remote control is involved. All things considered, it has until now been very easy to get the impression that the remote remotely controls the DFA to open a portal to the universe where the remote is.

If Montgomery has now made a pocket-sized, self-contained, non-random DFA then that's nifty, but in that case it's misleading to call that thing a "return remote".

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:46 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Sasha says: "The remote is synchronized with the base unit, so if I move it to fiddle with it, they won't be able to use the remote at all." I suppose anyone is free to believe that Kusari lies for some unknown reason.

Riff says: "Oh wait, I need that!" He doesn't explicitly say what he needs the DFA for, but on the agreed-on date he returns to the same spot and sets up the DFA.

They always call it a "remote", which suggests that some kind of remote control is involved. All things considered, it has until now been very easy to get the impression that the remote remotely controls the DFA to open a portal to the universe where the remote is.

If Montgomery has now made a pocket-sized, self-contained, non-random DFA then that's nifty, but in that case it's misleading to call that thing a "return remote".

Or perhaps the mother board of the DFA is still functional, and only the firing mechanism was damaged (hopefully beyond repair). Are we speccing here?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:26 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:

Actually it makes perfect sense that Kusasha would lie at that moment, rather than risk the gang discovering that she is "no tinkerer". That lie could have filtered through to Riff in the subsequent adventure. She may not be a tinkerer but she is excellent at keeping her falsehoods straight!

But the rest of your points on nomenclature are totally valid. :)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions