Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:00 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Monday isn't doing much today. It's just waiting around for the Spooky Day to arrive...

----
Vote for Spooky Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to scare everyday.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:07 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:07 am 
Well, it looks like Riff is going on a little journey (well,unless he got out somehow). If there is anybody who can get back, it's Riff.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:10 am 
AOL: Eagle299
So, Riff is now fluxed to some random dimension in an inflatable ship that he's punched a hole in, and can't control. No idea how he'll get out of this one. I suspect he doesn't either. And Pete isn't going to tell us for at least months.

Heroic self sacrifice. Not a bad way to go. Ignoring the death by suffocation that is almost inevitable where ever he ends up.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 am 
Dimension of Drain, here we go!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
So, Riff is now fluxed to some random dimension in an inflatable ship that he's punched a hole in, and can't control. No idea how he'll get out of this one. I suspect he doesn't either. And Pete isn't going to tell us for at least months.

Heroic self sacrifice. Not a bad way to go. Ignoring the death by suffocation that is almost inevitable where ever he ends up.

That assumes that it's "almost inevitable" he will end up in outer space, which I doubt. Strictly speaking if it were purely random probability, it would be almost inevitable that they would always end up in space, but they don't. Nor does it seem like they necessarily end up in a corresponding location for the dimension to which they travel. Looks like the start of another dimensional adventure to me, unless he wasn't fluxed. Seems like a weird way to kill Riff off either way, heroic sacrifice or not..

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:28 am 
Let's hope he lands in a better place than last time. Hard to imagine a place worse than 4U for Riff.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:59 am 
The "Dimension of Angsty Girlfriends Who Want To Get Married" would probably be worse... :riff:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 am 
Go Riff!!!

Union to the last.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:37 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Eagle299 wrote:

That assumes that it's "almost inevitable" he will end up in outer space, which I doubt. Strictly speaking if it were purely random probability, it would be almost inevitable that they would always end up in space, but they don't. Nor does it seem like they necessarily end up in a corresponding location for the dimension to which they travel. Looks like the start of another dimensional adventure to me, unless he wasn't fluxed. Seems like a weird way to kill Riff off either way, heroic sacrifice or not..

Don't they end up in the same place they left, but in another dimension? I thought that's how it always worked.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:53 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Last time Riff got hit he was dumped in a world controlled by an evil AI. Now this dimensions evil AI blasts Riff. Now that's clever. At least Zoe wasn't hit this time.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:30 am 
Whoa.

ramoss wrote:
Well, it looks like Riff is going on a little journey (well,unless he got out somehow). If there is anybody who can get back, it's Riff.

Agreed! Even so ... whoa.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:56 am 
It is poetic justice, that Riff got zapped after unleashing this technology on the world. Giving it to Hereti-Corp. This must be what he was thinking, too.

Eagle299 wrote:

Oh, the snark, so thick. Classic forum expertise. "Don't think you can write your own comic, PETE! I'm watching you! I'm going to call out anything I think is unrealistic!"

You should also say "character development" and "the pacing is off".

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:04 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:

In Isaac Asimov's only novel about traveling back in time, The End of Eternity, the main character Andrew recalls how he tried to be smart about time travel in class. He asked, if we end up in the same place in space as where we left, wouldn't that be out in space since the Earth is moving? The teacher explained it. If I remember correctly it was something about how if you were standing still in one spot for a year, you'd be in the same spot at the year's end, and if you stand still while going BACK for a year, you're also in the same spot.

Anyway, Riff probably will end up in space above Earth - hopefully in a dimension with space travel. Or he'll end up in ... some Oceans....

But you're right, it was never confirmed that they end up in the same spot as where they left.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:27 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
Don't they end up in the same place they left, but in another dimension? I thought that's how it always worked.

When Torg was fluxed to the DoP, he ended up in a cave. When Torg and Riff were fluxed to Aylee's home dimension, they ended up to a place close to a planet looking like Jupiter. It seems, that this rule only applies, when the dimension is somehow similiar.

Even for more similiar dimensions - some of them are in the future (4U city). Taking the orbit of the earth into account, what are the odds that the Earth is exactly at the same place and not for example on the other side of the sun? I think, the Flux agitator must be build in a way that it fluxes objects always on the surface of planets.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions