Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:21 pm 
Schlock has always been a little evil. Let's not forget that Bun Bun was totally justified for taking young-Schlock's eye. :bunbun:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:19 am 
Oh man, that news update. We're in for something big it sounds like.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:23 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Schlock has always been a little evil. Let's not forget that Bun Bun was totally justified for taking young-Schlock's eye. :bunbun:

True. But not in a "mwa ha ha ha, I'm going to destroy the world" evil-genius manner. He started out uncaring of the suffering of animals, and gradually moved up to uncaring of the suffering of humans, to the point where humans were expendable tools to be used and/or obliterated. But he still manages to blame others for what he does.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 am 
What are you guys talking about? Obliterating largest population centres with DFA always was his plan. It's just that AI decided to move it a few days earlier.

I'm more interested how his "multiU" plan differs from DoR's "4U" plan.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:09 pm 
VcSaJen wrote:
What are you guys talking about? Obliterating largest population centres with DFA always was his plan.

No it wasn't. Kusari suggested something similar and he chewed her out. Now he did make the distinction that nobody could have found the OASIS satellite but they would find Kusari's satellite and shoot it down. But he explicitly said he didn't want a war.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:14 pm 
I don't know why people don't understand Dr. Schlock's motivations. He wants to avoid the return of Kizke and the deadels that destroyed the Earth in his past. That is why he needs total control; Earth's governments couldn't stop Kizke, so he'll push them aside.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:41 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
I don't know why people don't understand Dr. Schlock's motivations. He wants to avoid the return of Kizke and the deadels that destroyed the Earth in his past. That is why he needs total control; Earth's governments couldn't stop Kizke, so he'll push them aside.

Hasn't that already been fixed -- at least in his foreseeable future?
Rreed423 wrote:
He clearly thinks Riff and friends have been unfairly harassing him, and that he’s doing something good.

Sounds like a paranoid narcissist I know.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:

I never caught any whiff of such a noble motivation behind his actions. He got dragged into hC against his will, then he took it over and ran it, always with an overarching priority to "save my butt." He kept blaming people for "forcing" him to do what he was doing, but he just kept doing more and more horrible things with the sole intent to keep his sorry ass out of the fire.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:53 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:

Does he even know that K'Z'K was ever an issue after helping Riff rescue Torg and Zoe from the past? I know that someone showed him the symbol of the Bug's cult and he didn't recognize it.

Hell, he only published his book, "The Future Coming of K'Z'K" because his World Series winnings dried up.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:14 am 
garyfritz wrote:
VcSaJen wrote:
What are you guys talking about? Obliterating largest population centres with DFA always was his plan.

No it wasn't. Kusari suggested something similar and he chewed her out. Now he did make the distinction that nobody could have found the OASIS satellite but they would find Kusari's satellite and shoot it down. But he explicitly said he didn't want a war.

Um, no? You're misrepresenting comic's content. He didn't want to flux cities with "naked" DFA satellite. Because it's visible. And can be shot down. His plan was to use Oasis satellite for that. No visible target, no chance to retaliate. Now, AI didn't use OASIS satellite, but the result is same: DFA'ed wasteland of a planet.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 am 
....but with an existing chance for retaliation from all the other cities in the world now. It can't zap them all at once.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:47 pm 
VcSaJen wrote:
Um, no? You're misrepresenting comic's content. He didn't want to flux cities with "naked" DFA satellite. Because it's visible. And can be shot down.

True. But he said "I don't want a war! I want a silent world coup." I interpret that to mean he didn't want to do what Kusari suggested, didn't want to "declare war" on Earth by fluxing major population centers, even from an invisible Oasis satellite. More likely he would flux smaller targets -- like rebirth facilities or busses of nuns -- and use that as proof of what he could do. "Bow to my rule or the next target will be larger." And given that he wanted a "silent world coup," I think he hoped they wouldn't call his bluff and force him to flux cities. If they did, most likely he would start out with small towns to reduce collateral damage. No reason to poke the hornet's nest any harder than necessary.

So I disagree with your claim that "Obliterating largest population centres with DFA always was his plan." There's no benefit to him in doing that.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:32 am 
Most likely his plan was:
1) Make an example
2) Threaten world leaders
3) If it not works, destroy all military forces and bases
4) If it results in chaos and still not his rule, oh well, flux everything away. World is too big to be manageable anyway. City is easier to manage. Yep, destroy everything, build a city.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions