Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:39 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday was going to destroy the world today.

The atmosphere would of been stripped off. The oceans would of boiled. The vermin would of futilely tried to survive...

It would of been glorious. Unfortunately, it's been postponed.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:06 am 
Ah, so it seems Schlock did notice it was Zoe.
"Dramatic plot twist" Frog's line certainly encapsulates Sluggy (in a good way).
I want to believe that Schlock will be as reluctant to kill Zoe as he was to Gwynn. But then I remember how easily he attacked their ship.
"Unless you must" hmmm, that line carries some meaning.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:07 am 
Aw, come on, Pete. Tomorrow's my birthday. Don't make Thursday a sad birthday.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:14 am 
Its like two Fridays in one. Can't really decide which resolution I want more, although watching Zoe beat up Schlock would make me happy.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:20 am 
Seeing two Kusashi show up is extremely frightening. When you know they can easily kill everyone in the room, as is their wont.

Zoe and Dr. Schlock! I can't remember when we last saw them interact with each other. It must have been eons ago.

And au contraire, randomlanguage. I think Dr. Schlock is less eager to kill her, because she has never been a fighter. Unlike Gwynn, Torg, Riff and Bun-bun. Dr. Schlock is always focused on who is a threat to him, but Zoe can be held at bay with a gun. Perhaps a reminder of the old days, like Kiki.

Poor Frog, his ride is over. Literally and figuratively. What will he do now?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:06 am 
"Do not reach for your sword, unless you must"? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:36 am 
awwww....Frog is so confused...and clueless. I feel sorry for him.

Damnit. I was hoping Schlock hadn't noticed. Although he might have heard Frog from below. Anyway, I hope Zoe has a trick up her sleeve. Something. I don't want Schlock to have the upper hand AGAIN.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:36 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Zoe and Dr. Schlock! I can't remember when we last saw them interact with each other. It must have been eons ago.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the last time they appeared in the same room was over 12 years ago! How did that happen!?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:39 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
And au contraire, randomlanguage. I think Dr. Schlock is less eager to kill her, because she has never been a fighter. Unlike Gwynn, Torg, Riff and Bun-bun. Dr. Schlock is always focused on who is a threat to him, but Zoe can be held at bay with a gun. Perhaps a reminder of the old days, like Kiki.

I concur. Next to Kiki, Zoe is the nicest one in the entire cast, even though she's more of a badass than Schlock might realize. Out of everyone, I think she is the quickest reactor.

Torg is the planner... Riff, Bun-bun, and Gwyn are the "big guns" for tech, muscle, and magic respectively... Kiki is the wild card. Zoe, though, has foiled K'z'k twice with quick thinking (once by getting him to look at the Book of Gud, and then by picking just the right egg to seal him back into the Book of E'ville), took advantage of a distraction to defeat Lysinda, and held her own against Noah Zark.

As she once said, "Zoe can take care of herself."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:40 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:
"Do not reach for your sword, unless you must"? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Sounds like Kusashi has some leftover programming and she's trying to help Torg around it.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:50 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:

I don't mean to hurt you, but if you're scared and want to grasp it like a security blanket, go ahead.

My assumption, anyway.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:54 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Sotanaht wrote:

I don't mean to hurt you, but if you're scared and want to grasp it like a security blanket, go ahead.
My assumption, anyway.

I wasn't sure either, but your idea makes sense.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:30 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
And au contraire, randomlanguage. I think Dr. Schlock is less eager to kill her, because she has never been a fighter. Unlike Gwynn, Torg, Riff and Bun-bun. Dr. Schlock is always focused on who is a threat to him, but Zoe can be held at bay with a gun.

After today's run-in, Schlock may re-think that assessment...

Zoƫ can take care of herself.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions