Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:36 pm 
kansaichris wrote:
Well, considering that her rebirth facility just got fluxed, I don't think we're going to be seeing any more Kusari clones waking

Aha. I read that strip on my phone last night, and I missed the Unsuspicioustech sign. Didn't understand the "Irving, please" comments but now they make more sense. So at a minimum Schlock has gotten rid of all future Kusaris.

Schlock did say Kusari's brain was in a satellite, so I assume the already-alive Kusaris are still functioning.

I'm still a bit confused by Schlock's comment in panel 1. Is the last sentence actually two sentences run together?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:10 pm 
Hmm I'm betting Riff will recognize that logo pretty quick. Hopefully he remembers what alt-Schlock's password is.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:41 pm 
Irving! What have you done?!?

No, seriously. What have you done?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:55 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Not to mention the Master Control logo compared to the "window" on Riff's wall in 4U City (perhaps best seen here as it seems to move).

I actually think the Master Control logo is best shown in this strip when the artificial intelligence decides to initiate a city-wide DFA counterstrike (and on alt-Rammer's shirt here, and on Schlock and Bun-Bun here).

garyfritz wrote:
I'm still a bit confused by Schlock's comment in panel 1. Is the last sentence actually two sentences run together?

Yeah, I had to re-read it a few times myself:

Quote:
I've got places to be, and out of any semblance of control you may be more of a danger to me that [sic] Riff!

I interpreted this to mean that Schlock felt Kusari may be more dangerous to him than Riff if she really is "out of (any semblance of) control" (i.e. not following hC orders anymore).

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:00 pm 
Well, now there's no question that he was targeting Kusari. The question still remains as to why he fluxed her rebirth facility instead of her satellite. Presumably, fluxing the satellite would eliminate all threat, whereas fluxing the rebirth facility just prevents more Kusaris from popping up. Not to mention the collateral damage of what he did is much more severe (not that Schlock seems to have much qualms about it).

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:18 pm 
I think Schlock fluxed the Rebirth facility rather than Kusari's satellite simply because he can probably get away with eliminating the facility, whereas every major government on the planet will notice if a satellite suddenly goes missing.

It could also simply be that the satellite was not within line of sight when Schlock decided to flux Kusari's infrastructure, and her rebirth facility was.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:48 am 
I don't think aiming at Kusari was ever in question.

It's simple. If he fluxes the active ones first, more are born.
So you take out the birthing site first. It's not DFA science, people!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:09 am 
kansaichris wrote:
Yeah, I had to re-read it a few times myself:
Quote:
I've got places to be, and out of any semblance of control you may be more of a danger to me that [sic] Riff!

I interpreted this to mean that Schlock felt Kusari may be more dangerous to him than Riff if she really is "out of (any semblance of) control" (i.e. not following hC orders anymore).

Ohh, so you're saying it's "BECAUSE you're out of semblance of control, you may be more of a danger." I suppose that might work. But Pete, dude, that sentence needs rewriting.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:34 am 
Spirantz wrote:

No, you take out the satellite brain first, and all the clones (active or otherwise) go to sleep. One shot, insta-win. ;)

I'm sure he had his reasons for hitting the facility first. Perhaps he just wanted to hurt her before fluxing her brain. Which seems beneath Schlock, but he's possibly quite cross with her!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:53 am 
Maybe Schlock wanted to keep the satellite itself as something that might prove useful later.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:15 am 
kansaichris wrote:
I actually think the Master Control logo is best shown in this strip when the artificial intelligence decides to initiate a city-wide DFA counterstrike (and on alt-Rammer's shirt here, and on Schlock and Bun-Bun here).

And the reason why the logo appears on the hypothetical "masternesses" in that last link is that it can be seen on posters plastered all over the city.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:04 am 
KikiDee wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

No, you take out the satellite brain first, and all the clones (active or otherwise) go to sleep. One shot, insta-win. ;)

I'm sure he had his reasons for hitting the facility first. Perhaps he just wanted to hurt her before fluxing her brain. Which seems beneath Schlock, but he's possibly quite cross with her!

I'd assume they have local brains that can continue to function without a constant 24/7 satellite hookup. They'd just be isolated from each other.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:59 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
And the reason why the logo appears on the hypothetical "masternesses" in that last link is that it can be seen on posters plastered all over the city.

I can't help but notice how the slogans "His Masterness Looking Out 4U" and "Sir Veillance Serves You!" are eerily similar…

Spirantz wrote:
I'd assume they have local brains that can continue to function without a constant 24/7 satellite hookup. They'd just be isolated from each other.

Of course, if that were the case, presumably Chaz wouldn't consider Kusari to be innocent (though I won't dive any further into spec territory here)…

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:13 pm 
kansaichris wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:

I can't help but notice how the slogans "His Masterness Looking Out 4U" and "Sir Veillance Serves You!" are eerily similar…

Spirantz wrote:

Of course, if that were the case, presumably Chaz wouldn't consider Kusari to be innocent (though I won't dive any further into spec territory here)…

Those points don't seem to be related. If the hive mind is broken, then they all are potentially free to be independently innocent or otherwise.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions