Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:56 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Well, it's time for Tuesday to amaze you all with its ability to recite inane facts:

Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if you inject into your bloodstream.

The # symbol is called an octotroph.

A cat's jaw is incapable of moving side to side.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:09 am 
I'm confused. If he wants to flux Kusari, shouldn't he go for her satellite?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:16 am 
Yeah, that's odd. Plus, why target Kusari at all?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:29 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
That option has multiple choices. Is that the one he chose, or merely the one we saw as he was scrolling through them?

But if it is Kusari, how do we know the satellite controls everything about her? Is it just where her "mind" is stored while the control of the "bodies" is at the clone storage facility?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:29 am 
Uh....because she's gone rogue and might kill him? Seems like a good reason to me. The only other person he might want to target more is Riff and Schlock would never use the DFA on Riff, because he knows Riff will probably just find his way back again. My best guess would be he's getting rid of any remaining Sasha clones, but that still seems like lower priority than just taking out the AOL brain.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:15 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Uh....because she's gone rogue and might kill him? Seems like a good reason to me. The only other person he might want to target more is Riff and Schlock would never use the DFA on Riff, because he knows Riff will probably just find his way back again. My best guess would be he's getting rid of any remaining Sasha clones, but that still seems like lower priority than just taking out the AOL brain.

Hm.

Here I'd thought things were winding down. I may not be a major donor, Pete, but this is why I toss the little bit I can your way each month.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:51 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Scorched Earth US / China / EU.
Dang, that stuff is brutal. Now one would think that he would target the military centers and not the population centers... unless something something spoilers spoilers they are converted into stuff.

And I like how Riff was already in the auto-target. Not sure about the "betrayal" part though unless he made this years before Aylee became a mountain beast.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:17 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
It's interesting that someone designed the canon* with battery power and a wireless network interface, even though it was supposed to be wired into the satellite.

* In the past two comics it was "cannon" but today we're back to the canonical spelling. :-Þ

Lord Golbez wrote:
Schlock would never use the DFA on Riff, because he knows Riff will probably just find his way back again.

I wouldn't say "would never", seeing that "Riff" is there as a choice in the menu.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:24 am 
I'm not going to any bluegrass festivals until I'm sure that's not the choice. Not that I ever do.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 am 
Woo, two in a row with more to come! I'm excited to wake up every morning again! lol.

My life has resumed its original order this week.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:53 pm 
DUDE!! I think Schlock is planning to flux all the Kusari clones. That might not have been his choice, but it seems to make the most sense. Although I agree that targeting her satellite makes a lot more sense, since it removes her entire threat all at once, including the ones on the incoming ship. But maybe he wants to still have use of the two on the ship and he can use the DFA as a bargaining chip...he can flux her satellite if she doesn't comply with his rules.

OMG, this is so interesting! And will Pete keep up with daily comics this week? He said he would do a lot more, but not sure about daily. I will not keep my hopes up, and be pleasantly surprised by whatever comes.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:12 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
Schlock would never use the DFA on Riff, because he knows Riff will probably just find his way back again.

I wouldn't say "would never", seeing that "Riff" is there as a choice in the menu.

Fair enough. Schlock would prefer to kill Riff over fluxing him and would only regard fluxing him as a temporary solution.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:06 pm 
I was so excited to see another strip posted!
kromiller wrote:
DUDE!! I think Schlock is planning to flux all the Kusari clones. That might not have been his choice, but it seems to make the most sense. Although I agree that targeting her satellite makes a lot more sense, since it removes her entire threat all at once, including the ones on the incoming ship. But maybe he wants to still have use of the two on the ship and he can use the DFA as a bargaining chip...he can flux her satellite if she doesn't comply with his rules.

I think that makes a lot of sense...though it seems more like a long-term than a short-term threat...so the question is why is she the most immediate threat.
Rreed423 wrote:
I'm not going to any bluegrass festivals until I'm sure that's not the choice.
Yes, we'd better be careful at those!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions