Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:06 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Well, two thirds of the month is gone and there's just crickets chirping here. So Thursday is officially calling it. Everybody has most definitely died of boredom. It's the only logical explanation...

Pixel Pawnz sets J6:
Spoiler: show
J6-1:
The first and last might be more difficult than the middle one. Actually, the middle should be ridiculously easy to figure out.

J6-2:
The first one may take more than one person to figure out. Maybe the last one might be able to help you in that regard. As for the middle, you may need to zoom in on the gray thing to see what is going on there.
Answers to set J5:
Spoiler: show
Secret Angel Princess-Princess, Dimension of Lame Bun-Bun, and Tryka
Album of all past and current Pixel Pawnz.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:22 am 
Poor McKay. Is it too late for a better career choice? :)

At least we're inching closer to all the principals being in one spot on the base.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:52 am 
If I'm reading this correctly, yesterday's strip showed us the real Dr. Schlock (in his pajamas) and today's strip shows us a decoy (in a Hereti-Corp uniform). I won't get too deep into spec territory here, but I do wonder where he's hiding…

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:50 pm 
Yes, I figured the one talking to McKay had to be an inflatable. He wouldn't be "out-and-about" with that many people around, and with Riff heading toward the station.

Good catch on the PJs though. :-)

Assuming those two strips are happening at roughly the same time... it makes you wonder how many of "him" he can support. Kusari can have three separate beings active at once. Here we're seeing two Schlocks at once. Almost makes you wonder if spec spec.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:42 pm 
Unusually sympathetic of Schlock though, isn't it? Seems like there are a few HC employees he actually cares about... Perhaps he's grown in the past decade?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 am 
Well, going by Frog's logic that the real Schlock is the one who gets freaked out when bad things happen, we might be able to deduce from Schlock's expression here that his real self is near the main lab.

Or Frog doesn't know what he's talking about. That's always an option

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:45 pm 
Why is "main-lab" hyphenated? Are they working on mains there?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:05 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Well, going by Frog's logic that the real Schlock is the one who gets freaked out when bad things happen, we might be able to deduce from Schlock's expression here that his real self is near the main lab.

Or Frog doesn't know what he's talking about. That's always an option

Well, Frog said that inflata-Schlock (hehheh) was bolder and braver. That doesn't mean he still won't get panicked with news like THIS. And I am assuming he is controlling the inflatables remotely, so it's still his emotions, but he can be braver and more daring because he knows he won't really be harmed. But he can still show shock at the news that his plans are falling apart faster and more worse than he thought. I didn't think his inflatables operated independently.
Hmmmmm.

I realized that Zoe can see what is going on in the main lab. She can see Riff, BunBun, and Oasis there.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:08 pm 
I am still waiting for Space-Aylee to show up and kick everyone's butt. Heh.
:aylee:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:44 pm 
kansaichris wrote:
If I'm reading this correctly, yesterday's strip showed us the real Dr. Schlock (in his pajamas) and today's strip shows us a decoy (in a Hereti-Corp uniform). I won't get too deep into spec territory here, but I do wonder where he's hiding…

I did not catch that! Good eye! I'd assume the one in the pajamas is the real one too.
This does seem like a more soon sympathetic exchange than Schlock usually has. What did/did she know?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:18 pm 
Quote:
I won't get too deep into spec territory here, but I do wonder where he's hiding…

Well, if the window on the wall to his left in panel #1 in the first strip you posted, Mr. kansaichris, is any indication, he's on the station, someplace. That window looks like a view outside, not a "screen" of any sort.
The star field visible out of the window, if it is, in fact, a window, looks very much like the one visible out the windows in the second strip you posted. It also has a reflective texture on the left side of it, that you don't see on screens, as well as not having any open child windows, or normal window graphics up in the upper right corner(s).
All this tells me that it's an actual window to the outside, and thus, Schlock is in the station. Someplace. Someplace which has an outside wall as one of it's components.

But heck, I could be wrong. I usually am.

Just exactly WHERE on the station, I have no idea. I haven't seen any indicators to show that, unless I'm missing something. Which wouldn't surprise me in the least...
I would have thought Schlock would want to be buried as deeply inside the station's core as possible, especially after Torg's Pik-gun attack.
Maybe he couldn't have all his computers, screens, special communications and control devices for his inflata-Schlocks, etc etc, to a different room deeper in the station's core in any decent time, so here he sits, in a room on the outside wall of the station.
Someplace...

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:10 pm 
The agent on earth seemed to think Real Schlock was on the space station, so there's that too (though I suppose he could be keeping everyone in the dark).

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:22 pm 
Dilvish wrote:
Quote:
I won't get too deep into spec territory here, but I do wonder where he's hiding…

Well, if the window on the wall to his left in panel #1 in the first strip you posted, Mr. kansaichris, is any indication, he's on the station, someplace. That window looks like a view outside, not a "screen" of any sort.
The star field visible out of the window, if it is, in fact, a window, looks very much like the one visible out the windows in the second strip you posted. It also has a reflective texture on the left side of it, that you don't see on screens, as well as not having any open child windows, or normal window graphics up in the upper right corner(s).
All this tells me that it's an actual window to the outside, and thus, Schlock is in the station. Someplace. Someplace which has an outside wall as one of it's components.

But heck, I could be wrong. I usually am.

Just exactly WHERE on the station, I have no idea. I haven't seen any indicators to show that, unless I'm missing something. Which wouldn't surprise me in the least...
I would have thought Schlock would want to be buried as deeply inside the station's core as possible, especially after Torg's Pik-gun attack.
Maybe he couldn't have all his computers, screens, special communications and control devices for his inflata-Schlocks, etc etc, to a different room deeper in the station's core in any decent time, so here he sits, in a room on the outside wall of the station.
Someplace...

It's a spinning station. The outside would have the feeling of higher gravity, the inside would have the feeling of lower gravity. I think.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:37 am 
Incidentally, Schlock appears to be wearing the same pajamas as he did when this long day first began (though he did change out of them later). The room doesn't look very big, so it really could be anywhere on the station. (…or some nearby satellite?)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:29 pm 
kansaichris wrote:
Incidentally, Schlock appears to be wearing the same pajamas as he did when this long day first began (though he did change out of them later).

We can't be on the same day as your first link. That was before they did all the info-gathering work to smear hC, before Riff & the Shoddies attacked, before they destroyed hC HQ, before Chen & Torg found Oasis' rebirth facility, before the Kusashi kidnapped Torg & Riff / mustered a shuttle / took Torg & Riff (and Shankraft and Daiyu) up into space, before Zoe and Gwynn flew the XT-34 into space, before they found Oasis' satellite, before Roberts got spaced, before Oasis sliced-n-diced the two Kusashi, before Torg got out / overpowered York / PIKed the station, before they popped the XT-34 / Schlock rescued Gwynn / visited her / sent her a dress / had dinner with her (NOT in his PJs BTW, unless that was a balloon), before Bun-Bun recruited a crew of pirates, before the two replacement Kusashi boosted the Musky-6 and flew into orbit (by which time Schlock WAS in his PJs again), ... All that took just exactly a YEAR in "our world" time to tell.

I just gotta say, if that's all one day, that's a damn busy day.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions