Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:00 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday doesn't feel like doing anything exciting today. So here's some "plain" ones...

Pixel Pawnz sets J4:
Spoiler: show
J4-1:
All of them had a rocky relationship with each other.

J4-2:
None of them had any kind of relationship with each other.
Answers to set J3:
Spoiler: show
Aylee in her "Great Gazoo" form and two of the gray aliens, Hannibal and Murdock.
Album of all past and current Pixel Pawnz.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:10 am 
I find it hard to believe Bun-Bun would willingly sit this one out, "fair fight" or not. Sure, he agreed to hold off on fighting Oasis (I guess, but without zero gravity, he loses some incentive to be compliant), but is he just going to let Sasha take what he wants? If Sasha loses, I guess it's fine. If she wins, he'll have to kill her on principle.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 am 
I'm still wondering why the space-Kusari shucked her costume and left it in the hall. I assume this Sasha is the same one?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:16 am 
garyfritz wrote:
I'm still wondering why the space-Kusari shucked her costume and left it in the hall. I assume this Sasha is the same one?

As far we we have been shown, there's only the one Sasha/Kusari body on the station. But that doesn't exclude there from being more given that Shlock himself is apparently on the station. Would seem odd to have only one copy unless supremely overconfident.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 am 
I suppose it's possible he has extras in cold storage on the station. You're right, he's too paranoid to have a single copy of his bodyguard. On the other hand he was shipping 2 spares to the station before Oasis intervened. Would he have done that if he already had backups on the station? Dunno.

As far as we know, there are currently 4 active: 1 in space, 1 military, 2 recent hatch-ees to replace the 2 that caught the Oasis Flu. Only 3 can be "awake" at once.

That assumes the Sasha in today's strip is the same as the Kusari who spaced Roberts, and who later left her Kusari outfit in the hallway.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:43 am 
NOOOOOOOO!!! She is supposed to be helping them!!! Damnit Kusari/Sasha!!
I am pretty sure it's the same one that took off her Kusari suit. I don't think there is another one aboard. I was HOPING that meant she was done helping HC. That she WOULD help however she could, as she told Riff back at the hotel. She supposedly was just lying, but maybe she was telling the truth after all. But it seems that isn't the case. I wonder what she needs to prove to herself and why she needs Oasis' head for it. And if she kills Oasis, Oasis will just rebirth on the ground below, so it's not permanent. Not sure what's going on there...hmmm...got some spec...

Did she REALLY need to tell the rest of the base what was going on? Is she really supporting HC? GRRRRR.... Bad Sasha/Kusari! :sasha:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:46 pm 
kromiller wrote:
I wonder what she needs to prove to herself and why she needs Oasis' head for it.

She has wanted to off Oasis for quite a while. I think there is some jealousy there, especially given the way Schlock treats her. She tried to take Oasis' place as the Harbinger.

Quote:
And if she kills Oasis, Oasis will just rebirth on the ground below, so it's not permanent.

Not if they disable or otherwise damage her satellite. She's not invulnerable like she used to be.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:54 pm 
kromiller wrote:
NOOOOOOOO!!! She is supposed to be helping them!!!

I think I missed that memo...?

I wonder how many times she has to betray the gang before the Sasha fans will give up waiting for, or expecting, Sasha-redemption.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:08 am 
I think she's going after Oasis because Oasis is there, but Sasha's goal is broader than that.
swmartian wrote:
I wonder how many times she has to betray the gang before the Sasha fans will give up waiting for, or expecting, Sasha-redemption.

I think she's been written as a character that we're somewhat meant to keep hoping for/having conflicted feelings about. Riff still does, or did until...2 days ago? And though Torg certainly recognizes Sasha's allegiance, he also allowed Riff to act on those conflicted feelings. And we, as an audience, have responses based on Riff and Torg's reactions as well as the overall story. So maybe some of us fall more on the Riff side (slim hope) than the Torg (accepted she's against us) side. They've also only known Sasha is Kusari for maybe half a day?
I am in the hope-against-hope camp, but in truth, I think she wants to become her own person and so her actions may appear to be on/against one side or the other, but maybe those sides are immaterial to what she really wants.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:01 am 
Sasha has never shown genuine remorse for anything. Oasis has. That makes her much more human and sympathetic. Even when Oasis has performed fairly equally cruel acts.

One of our most recent looks of Sasha had her slaughtering people at her rebirth facility. Cooly eating someone's sushi after impaling them with chopsticks. After they were preparing for a coworker's birthday party. She has never progressed on the "humanity" front.

I don't like her anymore and I doubt I ever will. She's too inhuman with her total disregard for life. Her AI can be put down for good and I won't bat an eye.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:53 pm 
swmartian wrote:
kromiller wrote:

@kromiller is probably referring to this: http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-06-05
(Panel 4 & the rest of that conversation)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:19 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
swmartian wrote:
kromiller wrote:

@kromiller is probably referring to this: http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-06-05
(Panel 4 & the rest of that conversation)

Oh. I thought it was already established that the meeting was just a set up...

At any rate, I find randomlanguage's reference to Riff-thinking vs. Torg-thinking interesting. From the time I started reading Sluggy so many years... er... decades ago, I would have said that I identify more with Riff. And it turns out I'm more like Torg? LOL.

I'm colored by the points that MasterPokey made - but something tells me that Pete isn't through with Sasha/Kusari surprises yet...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:59 pm 
MasterPokey wrote:
I don't like her anymore and I doubt I ever will. She's too inhuman with her total disregard for life. Her AI can be put down for good and I won't bat an eye.

She's the secret villain/boss. You don't have to refriend them after that, but it makes for great character and plot development! I think she's the most interesting character of the lot.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:17 pm 
MasterPokey wrote:
One of our most recent looks of Sasha had her slaughtering people at her rebirth facility. Cooly eating someone's sushi after impaling them with chopsticks. After they were preparing for a coworker's birthday party. She has never progressed on the "humanity" front.

She has always been a biological robot, entirely controlled by her programming. Or so cold and mechanical that she'll follow the rules as if she WAS a robot. Witness her flip-flop to try to murder Schlock when Chen briefly became CEO, then back again. "That is how this works. We understand this."

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Oh. I thought it was already established that the meeting was just a set up...

At any rate, I find randomlanguage's reference to Riff-thinking vs. Torg-thinking interesting. From the time I started reading Sluggy so many years... er... decades ago, I would have said that I identify more with Riff. And it turns out I'm more like Torg? LOL.

I'm colored by the points that MasterPokey made - but something tells me that Pete isn't through with Sasha/Kusari surprises yet...

Think about her actions in the space station and the way she *didn't* turn Riff in, again and again on the way over. There's still more at play here.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions