Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:39 am 
garyfritz wrote:
kromiller wrote:
I wonder what she needs to prove to herself and why she needs Oasis' head for it.

She has wanted to off Oasis for quite a while. I think there is some jealousy there, especially given the way Schlock treats her. She tried to take Oasis' place as the Harbinger.

Still is. Which head did you think she wants for herself? I don't think Sasha could pull off the quadruple pigtail look. Now, the orbital weapons platform look: that's more her style.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:01 pm 
Also, why is Oasis pointing to her face in the second-last panel? It doesn't seem to follow anything she's saying (which is not much at the moment); it also doesn't seem to be a response to anything Kusasha is saying.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:40 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
New canon: there are 3 Sasha's but each one has a different personality. There is "Me", "Myself", and "I". Currently "Me" has the worst track record having been killed more times than "Myself" or "I" combined. But "I" was the one who got killed by Oasis in a straight up fight.

This gives the zero-death "Myself" an overinflated ego and she ruthlessly mocks "I" most of all for being so easy to shank.

So here, on this day, "I" will be redeemed. {"I" knew you would make it here. "I" have to prove something to "Myself". That "I" have something for "Myself".} "I" also thinks that "Myself" is the ugliest of the three. And by God does she look fat in black. Seriously guys.

And the Sashas talk in the third person obviously.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:43 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Also, why is Oasis pointing to her face in the second-last panel? It doesn't seem to follow anything she's saying (which is not much at the moment); it also doesn't seem to be a response to anything Kusasha is saying.

I was trying to figure that panel out, but I think it might actually be Kusari pointing at her. I think she is pretty close at that point. And Oasis is sort of leaning back away from her.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:54 am 
swmartian wrote:
kromiller wrote:
NOOOOOOOO!!! She is supposed to be helping them!!!

I think I missed that memo...?

garyfritz wrote:
@kromiller is probably referring to this: http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-06-05
(Panel 4 & the rest of that conversation)

swmartian wrote:
Oh. I thought it was already established that the meeting was just a set up...

*SIGH* Yes, I was both referencing when Sasha said she would try to help them (at the hotel), which was a set-up, and also HOPING that part of it might be true, based on the fact that she hid Riff's presence on the shuttle and then she sabotaged the airlock and killed Roberts. It was never SAID that she was helping them, and it certainly doesn't seem that way now. I was HOPING she would. My statement was more of an admonishment... "No, you are supposed to help them, not fight them! Bad girl, Sasha!" I did say further down in my statement that it supposedly had been a "set up" and she wasn't really going to help them...but then a few key events seemed like maybe there was hope. I still have a little bit of hope for her. But perhaps she IS just trying to secure her own continuance, as someone else suggested. She IS just a program...maybe she isn't anything more. Oasis has grown, but perhaps Kusari doesn't have that ability, despite the few instances we have seen that seem to have hinted at it.
*SIGH*

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:57 am 
She has grown quite a bit from her robotic days. There is certainly a chance of surprises yet, depending on the inspirations of the Evil Cartoonist.

kromiller wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
I was trying to figure that panel out, but I think it might actually be Kusari pointing at her. I think she is pretty close at that point. And Oasis is sort of leaning back away from her.

I think it's just Oasis saying "Gee, that's interesting" and pointing to herself, kind of a "tapping on your chin while thinking" kind of thing. If Ku/Sasha was that close, they would be in active combat.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:17 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Quote:
That D.F.A. canon was [...]

I'm glad to know it's not an apocryphal DFA.

swmartian wrote:
I thought it was already established that the meeting was just a set up...

Sasha gave Riff at least one valuable piece of information at the hotel: She revealed the existence of the space station. She could easily have given him some disinformation instead.

endplanets wrote:
New canon: there are 3 Sasha's but each one has a different personality. There is "Me", "Myself", and "I". Currently "Me" has the worst track record having been killed more times than "Myself" or "I" combined. But "I" was the one who got killed by Oasis in a straight up fight.

This gives the zero-death "Myself" an overinflated ego and she ruthlessly mocks "I" most of all for being so easy to shank.

So here, on this day, "I" will be redeemed. {"I" knew you would make it here. "I" have to prove something to "Myself". That "I" have something for "Myself".} "I" also thinks that "Myself" is the ugliest of the three. And by God does she look fat in black. Seriously guys.

And the Sashas talk in the third person obviously.

*giggle*

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:04 am 
That WAS outstanding. Excellent work, endplanets!! :-)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:19 am 
It could just be that Sasha has had some really bad role models and just doesn't know any better. Don't know how else to put it without heading right into spec territory.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions