Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:01 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday thinks it's time to give you something that's much harder to figure out compared to the last one. You are deducing these things way too easy so I must make you suf... Wait, I'm receiving a message...

What in the seven he- Oh, I mean, here is yet another "perfectly balanced difficulty" set of characters.

Pixel Pawnz sets M9:
Spoiler: show
All of the characters relate to each other due to a singular confluence. Two of them probably can only be figured out by keeping that in mind.

M9-1:

M9-2:
Answers to set M8:
Spoiler: show
Aylee's first human form, Torg dressed as Oasis, and Marcus "Burning-Tongue" Chen.
Album of all past and current Pixel Pawnz.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:17 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
So Doc noticed when probability changes. The DM is cheating! That or he is closing in on the Fate Spider.

Meanwhile Kiki is all "YAY, I'm a hostage! I get to be the maid of honor again!"

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:39 am 
:gwynn: "I forgot about that"

That's okay Gwynn. It happened literally nineteen years ago

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 am 
It's kind of funny how nearly accurate, but still off Schlock is here. Had he made this argument years ago, before the recent character building adventures Gwynn had suffered through, that argument might have worked.

I really like that about this arc: that both sides are acting on what they know of the other, and while they're mostly right, both constantly suffer debilitating setbacks due to what they don't know. It makes the whole thing really feel like it's down to the wire.

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:05 am 
Wah! Leaving us without a reference link to show when we last saw the Book of E-Ville? That's just cruel.

But I'm guessing it was around when Kizke was almost summoned in the desert. Hey, I had forgotten about that until now. Maybe there really is magic afoot messing with memories.

How was Kizke stopped? I remember he was freed. There were people who were supposed to be sacrificed to him. And Riff's dad was there and had made a deal that would keep Riff alive in the apocalypse. Then he hid from the demons afterward and contacted La'Mort, but I don't remember why. Did someone get the book at that time?

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:59 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Wah! Leaving us without a reference link to show when we last saw the Book of E-Ville? That's just cruel.

But I'm guessing it was around when Kizke was almost summoned in the desert. Hey, I had forgotten about that until now. Maybe there really is magic afoot messing with memories.

How was Kizke stopped? I remember he was freed. There were people who were supposed to be sacrificed to him. And Riff's dad was there and had made a deal that would keep Riff alive in the apocalypse. Then he hid from the demons afterward and contacted La'Mort, but I don't remember why. Did someone get the book at that time?

He was re-sealed into the book by a pre-prepared spell from mokadun in the form of a magic egg that Zoe threw at him, then the king promised to keep giving Gwynn the bugs power from inside the book.

I expect that Gwynn had the book with her (because she probably still can't get rid of it) until she left Earth's atmosphere and magic, which means [that the rest of this would be spec. -Z]

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:52 am 
Silverwalker wrote:

This strip is the last time I remember seeing the book of E-Ville.

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:03 am 
slightlylooney wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:

This strip is the last time I remember seeing the book of E-Ville.

I'm not going to go all the way from that strip to today, but I want to point out it's made very clear a few strips later that Gwynn and Torg retrieve the book on their way out.

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:42 am 
Oh come on, Kiki!! You just HAD to spill the beans on BunBun?!?! We DIDN'T want Schlock to know that! And what's more, now Schlock knows BunBun is operating completely under his own prerogative, which means he definitely has intentions of making trouble. And now Kiki is in the airlock with Gwynn. She might not be afraid to die, given that she is connected with the demon, but now she has to worry about Kiki's life.
Let's hope Schlock doesn't catch wind of BunBun until too late. I am glad Kiki didn't remember where BunBun was going.
Grrrrrrr...

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:52 pm 
Schlock is over-optimistic if he thinks Gwynn could convince Bunbun to back off from causing trouble. Whether it's trouble for Oasis or Schlock, he is going to cause trouble.

And Schlock, there are still some other obstacles you don't know about.

kromiller wrote:
. She might not be afraid to die, given that she is connected with the demon, but now she has to worry about Kiki's life.

Right. I doubt that she'll help Schlock in truth, but she might go along with it to get Kiki out of there (and any other hostages). But what does Schlock need Gwynn to be on his side for?

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:53 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Someone needs to lay some truth bombs on Schlock about what they've all been through.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:04 am 
Thanks for the help, Thanatos and slightlylooney!

Kromiller, of course Kiki will spill the beans about Bun-Bun! It's Kiki. Bun-Bun knew she would reveal everything she had in her head, but it doesn't matter if he acts fast and returns with backup.

I also realized recently that Bun-Bun knew Kiki would be taken care of, if he sent her to be found by Dr. Schlock instead of going with him. Even if Bun-Bun would die in space, she would survive. That was sweet.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:35 am 
...except I doubt bunbun would have gone on a suicide run to save his nerds.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:46 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
...except I doubt bunbun would have gone on a suicide run to save his nerds.

Oh, I'm sure he doesn't plan to die while executing revenge (most folks don't). He's just taking care of Kiki (and perhaps putting her in place as a crucial piece of his plan).

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:07 pm 
kromiller wrote:
Oh come on, Kiki!! You just HAD to spill the beans on BunBun?!?!

The only thing Kiki can be counted on for is spilling the beans. Either in front of your enemies or behind the couch. Sometimes both

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions