Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:43 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
To think, Friday thought the hardest thing with these Pixel Pawnz would be figuring out who they were, not the just being able to even see them! Well that shouldn't be a problem going forward since I now know what the problem was. Anyway, onward to the next set and the answers to the previous!

Was going to make this a bit more difficult for you to ponder over the weekend, but decided to keep it simple. Assuming that little one is simple. Maybe kromiller can figure it out. They were pretty impressive with the last set.

Pix Pawnz Set A2:
Spoiler: show
Set A1 Answers:
Revised: Torg, Riff, and Teddy Weddy (post Bun-Bun)
Original: Riff, Torg, and Teddy Weddy (post Bun-Bun).

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:06 am 
Too bad Torg doesn't have his pik-gun. He could raise all kinds of heck (and delay the repair process) while he and Zoë sneak over to the command deck.

Probably harder to sneak in if you're shooting at 'em, though...

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:55 am 
For the first time ever, Torg's plan overestimates the enemy

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:32 am 
Have Torg and Frog ever met before?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:28 am 
Useful comic:

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=70#2017-11-17

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:37 am 
yaysalt wrote:

That's the Kusari storage right there in the command room, yes?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:18 am 
I just noticed this, but… given the apparent position of Airlock 1, wouldn't it lead "downward"?

No, Torg, you are NOT throwing Chaz down from orbit, no matter how hard your throw. This is a common misconception about just how much Δv is needed to drop orbit.

And Zoë… beware of the Unspoken Plan Guarantee.

Speaking of her plan: who designed this station? Any engineer worth their salt would make the security door and bulkhead one and the same.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:26 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
To think, Friday thought the hardest thing with these Pixel Pawnz would be figuring out who they were, not the just being able to even see them! Well that shouldn't be a problem going forward since I now know what the problem was. Anyway, onward to the next set and the answers to the previous!

Was going to make this a bit more difficult for you to ponder over the weekend, but decided to keep it simple. Assuming that little one is simple. Maybe kromiller can figure it out. They were pretty impressive with the last set.

Pix Pawnz Set A2:
Set A1 Answers:
Riff, Torg, and Teddy Weddy (post Bun-Bun).

YES!!!! I was right! WOO HOO!!!! Dude!

Okay, I am gonna have to think about this next one, but I already have a guess about that middle one. It's the other two I am unsure about at the moment.

Heh, I like that drunken Frog is the "monster" pictured. Of course, as someone stated, Kusari's storage closet IS in that same room. However, I am hoping she is purposely keeping herself out of things and doesn't interfere. Is she always listening? I guess so. But can just anyone command her, like Frog?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:32 pm 
Zillatain wrote:

Pix Pawnz Set A2:
Set A1 Answers:
Riff, Torg, and Teddy Weddy (post Bun-Bun).

Okay, here is my guess for the middle one:
So I think the middle green one is one of Aylee's early incarnations, either the BunBun one, or the flying dude right before that. The flying one has more colors, but if it's really simplified, it could still be just a green cube.
Here is the comic I am referring to: http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=7#1998-06-07

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:03 pm 
Ah, so yesterday's conversation was simply deception! Clever Torg and sword! And even though he is actually dying, he doesn't feel those kinds of feelings. That is realistic.

It will be the first time Torg encounters Frog, I think. Even though he was right there when Frog became intelligent in the first place.

I'm not gonna tell you what "snorre" is vulgar slang for in Swedish.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:43 pm 
Pied Typer wrote:
I just noticed this, but… given the apparent position of Airlock 1, wouldn't it lead "downward"?

Given its position seven comics ago, it absolutely would. There would be no problem if things would just be turned around a bit.

Pied Typer wrote:
Speaking of her plan: who designed this station? Any engineer worth their salt would make the security door and bulkhead one and the same.

I'm sure the security doors are mounted in permanent bulkheads. So inside the secure section there shouldn't be any emergency bulkheads, but additional permanent bulkheads with security doors instead? Is that your point?

Speaking of which: Do I understand correctly that "armed security doors" means that the doors are equipped with weapons? Will anyone who isn't authorized to go through be killed on the spot?

Silverwalker wrote:
It will be the first time Torg encounters Frog, I think. Even though he was right there when Frog became intelligent in the first place.

Zoë was there. Torg was "wasting time" at the Clonegressive complaint department.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:52 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Ah, so Chaz was actually acting after all. Though the "dying" is still real.

Now as for the Pix Pawnz, here's a little tidbit about lone cube between the other two. It's not just a green cube, but a "slime block".

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:11 am 
Pied Typer wrote:
No, Torg, you are NOT throwing Chaz down from orbit, no matter how hard your throw. This is a common misconception about just how much Δv is needed to drop orbit.

This is true. That said, he only needs to throw hard enough that it's inside Earth's upper atmosphere (which they might be within anyway, it's hard to tell). Chaz would eventually de-orbit due to friction in a few hundred years.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:04 pm 
I like how much Torg cares about Chaz. But that's Torg!

The extremely helpful diagrams made the place easier to visualize. It's as if the diagrams too were afraid of Chaz.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:33 am 
If you can throw a sword into orbit, you can definitely throw a sword out of orbit.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions