Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:55 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I had a feeling this Schlock was a decoy. Um Gwynn, you HAVE stuck a pin into the real Schlock! Don't you remember? Although he did try to pretend he was inflatable, but as I recall that did not work out so well for him.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:08 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
So many questions....

Would magic work on other planets? It could be magic needs a planet to draw power from. Or more specifically, a life supporting planet. So magic in Earth, yes, but not on Mars. And would Gwynn, being powered by the Bug be any kind of exception?

Also, Chaz still works in space. If course, being from another dimension, he likely doesn't follow the same rules. In fact we know he explicitly breaks rules concerning immortality. Oasis and Kusari being exceptions because their bodies are just meat puppets, he hasn't had a chance to cut the real them yet.

Oasis and Kusari may or may not be exceptions. We haven't actually gotten a clear test of that yet.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:33 am 
endplanets wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
What an earth-centric view! I guess we really are the center of the sluggyverse.

Well yea, KZK and all of the original Gods came from Earth.The Earth is soaked in their divine essence (which is a fancy way of saying they poop outside wherever they want). Some say you can feel their divine presence (picture of Torg cleaning up Bun Buns waste bin while holding his nose).

They also built the Tower to Timeless space on Earth.

Not KZK any more! http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=65#2014-06-06

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:33 am 
Well I was rather incredulous that Schlock would meet Gwynn in person after allowing almost nobody near him for so long, but I didn't know that his inflatable decoys were solid enough to lift glasses and bottles.

So magic stops working "precipitously", eh? At what altitude, I wonder. The Kármán line?

Spirantz wrote:
What an earth-centric view! I guess we really are the center of the sluggyverse.

Have you noticed how similar the words "geocentric" and "egocentric" are?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:03 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
I had a feeling this Schlock was a decoy. Um Gwynn, you HAVE stuck a pin into the real Schlock! Don't you remember? Although he did try to pretend he was inflatable, but as I recall that did not work out so well for him.

Indeed she has.

And indeed it did not end well for him

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:10 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
VcSaJen wrote:
"Why won't you let me kill you? Now that you resisted, I have no choice but to kill you. It's your own fault that you resisted me killing you, now I have to kill you". Is that guy for real? How many layers of self-delusion and circular logic is he on?

That's the same logic from "Hunt Down The Freeman".

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:16 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

That was the joke, yes. Though I was probably thinking more of anglocentric at the time.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:02 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Abra-ka-straight-pin!
I laughed!

So did I! I should have expected that, but I didn't - which of course made the moment so much more satisfying. I relate to Gwynn the least of the gang, but there are time (like this) where I love her the most.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:32 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

That was the joke, yes. Though I was probably thinking more of anglocentric at the time.

Wait! I missed your joke entirely. WHOOSH right over my head. I was reading that too quickly. lol. Good one.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions