Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:59 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday has a multi-part story for you. It was going to tell you this (true) story before, but decided against it. So why is it telling you now, you might ask? Because it now has a new updated ending that just begs for it to be told.

Part 5: The Final
Spoiler: show
Alright, at the time of this writing, about two months ago, the human finally received a new phone on Christmas that his mate got for him. Things were good. Of course this story is not about that, this is what happened just a week and a half ago. Now unlike the other ones, this story should be shorter.

This all started on a Sunday. He and his mate came home after attending church and he placed his phone kitchen counter. I should now mention that he has a bad habit with his phone. He tends to lay his phone down in odd locations and not remembering where he put it and taking a bit of time to find it again. Right now he knew it was on the kitchen counter.

Due to his type of work, he would collect trash that he had to get rid of periodically. Since he lived in the countryside and not inside of a city limits, that was not a problem. So he changed his clothes left his phone on the counter and went outside and proceeded to move the mostly wood and paper trash to a better location way at the back of his property for disposal. After that was done and set up he came back in. Did some various things inside and would check outside every so often to see how things were going. At one point he went to get his phone on the counter where he last remembered putting it when he came home.

It was not there.

That was the last place he remembers putting it, and his mate denied ever touching it. So they did the "I'll call the phone and you listen for it" for a good hour in and then around the house. No luck, and battery was nowhere near dead. Then it occurred to them to call Provider Z's customer service and see if they could "ping" the phone and see where it was. His mate contacted them and said that there is a creek running along the back of their property and it was near there. That is where the trash was taken. No wonder they couldn't find the phone.

So he could see on the map where it was and also where she was with her phone. So she followed his directions out towards it. She looked around in that area but couldn't find it. He directed her a bit more until she got to the point where he said it should be right in front of you near your feet.

Oh crap...

OPEN NEXT SPOILER

Do NOT open spoiler below until reading previous story above. Trust me, it really will spoil it.
Spoiler: show
This is what was fished out of the bottom of the burn area where he was burning the trash. That was a Google Pixel if I remember correctly. He has no clue how it got back there. He never remembers picking it up off the kitchen counter.

Fortunately, she made sure that he had insurance on this phone due to all of the other phone mishaps he's had.

Unfortunately, that model is on back-order and he is once again...again, back to his old phone until then. Which now only seems to want to do texting and calls. None of the apps really want to work anymore.

Lastly, later when his mate was talking with customer service about the insurance claim, the rep had a hard time getting his head around how the phone was burned since even when she explained it, he still could not understand what a "burn barrel" was or why you would have one. But he did admit that he was most definitely a "city boy" and really didn't understand living in the countryside.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:05 am 
I'm speechless. This strip moved so fast, so many emotions at once. Bravo, Pete.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:31 am 
Take a really bbig crayon and color me speechless as well!!
I am stunned. Staggered.

THIS is a climax in the best Sluggy Freelance tradition.
I guess Pete isn't over-extending himself.

I...
I...

Whooooaaaaa... (in my best Keaneu Reeves voice)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:32 am 
The problem with the old phone is clearly abandonment issues.

Also, yay Torg! Now kick Schlock's butt.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:34 am 
OR...

PIK Schlock's butt!
:pun:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:43 am 
uglyface2 wrote:
I'm speechless. This strip moved so fast, so many emotions at once. Bravo, Pete.

Same. I'd already forgotten about Torg's whereabouts and the "balanced for throwing" discussion. Well done, Pete.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:04 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
Once again Torg saves the world. Huzzah! And he's not even wearing the Hero-shirt.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 am 
Ah, Oasis threw Torg at York. So now he's new York.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:27 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
So Gwynn is kicking Zoe out knowing that if the main ship gets hit that Zoe will still survive. Very clever.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:16 am 
A pity we did not (yet) get to see the York-Torg fight... That must have been a feat for the ages.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:53 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
declinator wrote:
A pity we did not (yet) get to see the York-Torg fight... That must have been a feat for the ages.

I agree! I understand the narrative need for the surprise, but York's ONE JOB was to watch the ship and shoot at it. How on earth* did Torg overpower him??

Also Gwynn? OUCH. That's cold even for you.

*Er, you know what I mean.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:49 am 
Poor Frog!

Drunk and decompression injuries.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:06 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Silverwalker wrote:
Ah, Oasis threw Torg at York. So now he's new York.
-.- Really? Really?

Chazzzzzzz iiiiinnnnnn spaaaaaaaaaace!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 am 
Go Torg! I wonder how many hits an inflatable space station can take before it goes pop...

Of course the Musky-5 was probably also inflatable, and smaller.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:12 am 
YES!!!!! Go TORG!!! Save everybody!!!

And I love that Gwynn is trying to save Zoe. A little snarky with the comment, but she IS about to get fluxxed, as far as she is concerned. She DOES care, though. Luckily Torg showed up just in time. Let's see Schlock pull through THIS one! Ha! (okay, I don't really mean that...I don't want him to pull through. Although I can't see Pete killing him...he's been around for so long. I just see him being shut down.)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions