Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:24 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday has a multi-part story for you. It was going to tell you this (true) story before, but decided against it. So why is it telling you now, you might ask? Because it now has a new updated ending that just begs for it to be told.

Part 3:
Spoiler: show
Okay, where were we? Ah yes, the human and his new, new, new, phone. Everybody texted happily ever after...

Well, things were going well enough for many months. Until one day he couldn't find his phone. Did the normal things like have his mate call his phone and listen around the house. No luck there, so they tried that same thing while he looked around in his van he uses for work. Yet again, no luck. Unfortunately there is one major problem with using this method to find a phone. The last he remembered the phone's battery was extremely low, and most likely by this point had turned itself off.

Let's turn back time to the last time he remembered having the phone. It was when he took his belt off of his slacks when he was cleaning up for the day at someone's home he was working at since it was getting dark. Why was he removing his belt you may ask? It was because he used his regular belt to hold things like a tool holders and pouches for fasteners. Oh, and his phone case. The case could not be clipped on to a belt, the belt had to slide through it. If he had a separate work belt that just goes over his regular belt, he may not of had a phone problem.

Anyway, he had the back doors of his work van open he placed the phone down (in the case) on the floor of the van. That was the last he remember doing anything with the phone. So it had to be in the van somewhere you would think. Just probably in the hurry to get home, since it was Friday and dark out, he forgot to put the phone back on his belt.

Every single tool, bag, and box was taken out of that van and checked. Nothing.

Maybe for some unfathomable reason he set the phone on the bumper of the van and it fell off somewhere. They checked along the road while driving back to his customer's home. Nothing.

Monday when he went back to work on the house, he checked all around and in the house. Nothing.

So once again, he was without a phone. But unlike last time where he just decided to get another phone, there was a slight problem. He had no insurance on this phone and he still had many, many, months before it was payed off. The human's mate would not allow him to get another phone.

So he had to go and dig out his old, old, old, old, phone that was never, ever, ever, ever, to be seen again and have it reactivated at a Provider's Z store. He was stuck with that phone (and didn't lose it) for quite some time. Well, until something very odd happened...

To be continued...
Part 1
Part 2

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:09 am 
This arc just keeps getting more and more interesting.

No orders eh?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:09 am 
Isn't Schlock still the majority shareholder? So if Kusari's following orders based on hierarchy, how is Schlock excluded from that?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:15 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Yes, why go through all the trouble of making a questionable project disappear when you can just make the questionable corporation that made the project disappear instead?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:19 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Isn't Schlock still the majority shareholder? So if Kusari's following orders based on hierarchy, how is Schlock excluded from that?

A lot can happen in an hour.

But I think the actual answer might have more to do with the nature of Kusari. Not sure how much I can say without venturing into spec territory, but that should be vague enough.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:20 am 
I love how one of her is eating one of the sandwiches in the second to last panel.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 am 
Poor sandwich guy. He wasn’t in any way connected to Hereticorp, other than being a potential witness in a court of law, an accomplice to a part of its malfeasance, and a long-time employee of a company that specifically denies being connected to Hereticorp.

The House of Cheese must have one heck of a 10-K, I gotta say.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:14 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:

doesn't that make schlock ceo? therefore kusari follows his orders, no?

wonder if override alpha has any relation to override b-1. :p

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 am 
Well, uh... if the stockholders think schlock is dead, they probably removed him as acting CEO, meaning he's no longer a member of Hcorp anymore.

Not sure how Kusari would know this, but we'll see I guess.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:07 am 
I wonder where that puts Schlock on Sasha's hierarchy fallback...

OMG death by finger sandwiches! For when you need to be classy, understated...and also dead. Although I do feel like the Joker is gonna accuse Sasha of stealing his magic trick

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:15 am 
This is another order that works to her benefit, at least for the moment. I wonder what other damage she will do from the ground...

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:52 am 
This is the first time that the concept of "the shareholders" seems so ominous to me.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:09 am 
Did it happen before or after the airlock boy was airlocked? IF he was the last original shareholder, it could have some meaning for Kusari.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:36 am 
Not to put too fine a point on it, but perhaps the shareholders might not be terribly thrilled with the prospect of Kusari fluxing the Earth's surface and wiping it clean… (Unless the shareholders are all in space?)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 am 
tube_rat wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

doesn't that make schlock ceo? therefore kusari follows his orders, no?

wonder if override alpha has any relation to override b-1. :p

Technically, no, that doesn't make Schlock CEO, but it does give him the power to make himself CEO, which I believe he did. Therefore, either by hierarchy of command or hierarchy of ownership, Schlock should be at the top as far as I can gather. Even by seniority, most everyone important who beats him there is dead.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions