Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:03 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Technically, no, that doesn't make Schlock CEO, but it does give him the power to make himself CEO, which I believe he did. Therefore, either by hierarchy of command or hierarchy of ownership, Schlock should be at the top as far as I can gather. Even by seniority, most everyone important who beats him there is dead.

But the hC agent said Schlock was dead. Did the freshly decanted Kusashas hear that, did they choose to believe it, and how would that effect their response?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:25 am 
DUUUUUUUDE!! I am LOVING Kusari/Sasha right now!! Although death by toothpick...OUCH!
I think she totally did overhear everything, it's just a matter of what that means. If the shareholders don't believe HC exists anymore, than maybe there is no CEO, and the hierarchy falls to the shareholders. And their last standing order is to make sure no scraps of HC evidence remain at the Kusari birthplace. So Kusari is taking care of that, interpreting that as killing the HC employees. I wonder if she will try to move her clones elsewhere...I can't see her wanting to destroy them. Not sure if she could though. I just love that she is interpreting things as widely as she can, though. Go Kusari! Oh! I wonder how this affects the Kusari on the space station...if she now knows that Schlock isn't in charge anymore.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:29 am 
Woooo! Operation kill them all has officially started! Yay Kusari.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
garyfritz wrote:
But the hC agent said Schlock was dead. Did the freshly decanted Kusashas hear that, did they choose to believe it, and how would that effect their response?
Remember, there's a Kusari with Schlock on the station. They know he's still alive.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 pm 
gregnier wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
Remember, there's a Kusari with Schlock on the station. They know he's still alive.

The Kusashis may know Schlock is still alive, but it seems that he is considered "officially" dead as far as hC is concerned.

Also, "sandwich-toothpicked to death in the face by a naked Kusari" is quite possibly the best way for a Sluggite to die EVAR.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:42 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
Isn't Schlock still the majority shareholder? So if Kusari's following orders based on hierarchy, how is Schlock excluded from that?

doesn't that make schlock ceo? therefore kusari follows his orders, no?

wonder if override alpha has any relation to override b-1. :p

Technically, no, that doesn't make Schlock CEO, but it does give him the power to make himself CEO, which I believe he did. Therefore, either by hierarchy of command or hierarchy of ownership, Schlock should be at the top as far as I can gather. Even by seniority, most everyone important who beats him there is dead.

All of that. Also, if any shareholders are now dead, his voting power only increases (unless of course some of the dead guys' shares revert to another shareholder -- but if Schlock already controlled a majority, that won't change).

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 pm 
"Give me your clothes" is all that comes to mind.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:52 pm 
On the one hand, if there is no Hereti-Corp, then there are no Hereti-Corp shares, and no shareholders. There can at best be ex-shareholders who have no formal authority.

On the other hand, I don't think a corporate entity can cease to exist just like that. I believe it takes months of paperwork – bankruptcy proceedings, liquidation of remaining assets, and paying off debts in some priority order until there is no money left. It's not known exactly what is the ultimate authority that Kusari was programmed to obey, but I would have thought that the authority would initially be transferred to the interim trustee.

Anyway, Kusari claims that there are no orders she has to follow, but she follows orders anyway. That means that she's choosing to follow orders, and that in turn means that she's able to choose which orders to follow, and how. That can explain many of her recent actions.

FullMetalArchivist wrote:
I love how one of her is eating one of the sandwiches in the second to last panel.

Yeah, that's very Sluggy. :-)

This comic also combines two characteristics that are typical of culture from the USA:
  • People get murdered in horrible ways, and all the grisly details are clearly shown.
  • People are naked, but all the most interesting details are carefully hidden.
With both of those in the same comic, this is a very USian comic.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:01 am 
migB wrote:
This is the first time that the concept of "the shareholders" seems so ominous to me.
Sure, Hereticorp proper is up to clogging arteries, assassination, human experimentation, unlawful imprisonment, extortion and bribery, acts of terrorism, seditious conspiracy, and all around not using enough light in the boardroom, but these guys...

... these guys get dividend checks in the mail every three months.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:04 pm 
I realized about an hour ago that I haven't received an email announcement of new strips in a long time. I came here and found several new strips have been put up since I last got one. Any idea what happened?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:41 pm 
Rreed423 wrote:
I realized about an hour ago that I haven't received an email announcement of new strips in a long time. I came here and found several new strips have been put up since I last got one. Any idea what happened?

I think some other people are having that problem too. You can check in the SRC support thread, but I'm not sure if they've found any answers.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:44 pm 
Rreed423 wrote:
I realized about an hour ago that I haven't received an email announcement of new strips in a long time.

Same here. I re-checked my settings, and I couldn’t even select the check box for email notifications anymore.

It looks like this has also been mentioned in the Sluggy 20+ Support Thread.

Update (Tuesday, February 27th):

I think this has been fixed! I just received the following email notification today:

Quote:
Sorry, hid a lot of the notifications emails behind the couch! The last email went out for this update if you need to catch up.

Otherwise, a new comic has been posted at Sluggy Freelance!

Thanks for reading! -Pete

Thanks, Pete!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions