Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:26 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Monday has a multi-part story for you. It was going to tell you this (true) story before, but decided against it. So why is it telling you now, you might ask? Because it now has a new updated ending that just begs for it to be told.

Part 1:
Spoiler: show
I know a human that has been having cellphone "problems" that began a couple of years ago. It all started when he lost his phone while doing some home repair on another humans' home outside. Though he didn't know it at the time that was where he lost it.

He looked everywhere, but had no luck. Unfortunately in his line of work, he could not go very long without having a phone. So he needed to get a new phone. In a way, this was a blessing in disguise. The lost phone was small, slow, and had a mind of its own more times than it should. The new phone was larger, much faster, and usually did not do things on its own with out the human approving it first. Unfortunately he lost all his contacts --which was quite large-- and all of his text messages --that contained important info.

A couple of days pass, and it snows just enough to cover everything with a thin layer. At the house he had worked at, some of the miniature humans that occupied the home were outside playing in the snow. They find the lost phone in the yard. After playing with it for a bit, they give it to one of their overseer humans that were infesting this home. This human contacts him and he goes over there and gets his old phone back.

There was much rejoicing (I assume). Even though it had been stuck outside for many days and covered with melting snow, it still worked. He was able to take it back to the store where he got the new phone and they were able to transfer all of his contacts to his new phone. I do not think the texts were moved over but at least he could still access them on his old phone. Once he was finished with it, he stashed it away in a drawer to never, ever, ever, ever, to be seen again...

To be continued...

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:04 am 
Well, that shows ENVY can be motivation after all.

Threatening an A.I. is not a good idea

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:05 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Oh, Irving. Oh, Irving.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 am 
Schlock, duuuude!!! You did NOT just say that!!!!

Wasn't he supposed to be the smart one?????

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 am 
AOL: Eagle299
I'm suddenly wondering if a similar discussion ever happened in the Dimension of Rain. Yeah, Oasis was Harbinger there. But could they have installed Kusari's brain in the satellite?

We'll likely never know.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:48 am 
Possibly relevant 4U City ref.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:52 am 
Glad I'm not the only one shocked by Schlock's apparent lobotomy. He's probably not gonna like what comes next. But I'm still trying to figure out what changed. I feel like we missed something really obvious that Kusari didn't.

And I really want to know what Kusari's satellite is now, and if we've seen it before.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:56 am 
Paranoid Schlock really doesn't know when to key into that paranoia. He's overly paranoid about Riff and missing the danger right in front of his face.

Eagle299 wrote:
I'm suddenly wondering if a similar discussion ever happened in the Dimension of Rain. Yeah, Oasis was Harbinger there. But could they have installed Kusari's brain in the satellite?

We'll likely never know.

We don't even know that Kusari ever existed in that dimension. Sure it seems likely because Schlock's heading hC seems to point to some parallel events, but then again did Aylee even exist in that dimension? Without Aylee, any connection Schlock had with Hereticorp would have had to occur in different ways. There's no telling whether Dr. Steve was even ousted by Daedalus there.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:21 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Regarding Schlock, I'm reminded of a rule from the Evil Overlord List. Not going to try to look it up just now to number it or quite it verbatim. But it went something like, "I will treat any creatures under my control with love and respect. That way, should my control ever be broken, it won't turn on me out of revenge."

Not seeing much love and respect for Kusari here.....

[EOL #48: "I will treat any beast which I control through magic or technology with respect and kindness. Thus if the control is ever broken, it will not immediately come after me for revenge." -G]

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
God dammit Schlock. I thought you had read the Evil Overlord's List. You're so hung up on the perfection that you can't see a path to victory.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 am 
Schlock has always treated Kusari a bit like a disposable "thing," but he's gone way overboard this time.

And apparently Kusari crossed the wires and spaced Roberts to try to force Schlock to move the DFA to Kusari's brain?? Our little girl is showing a lot of ambition here...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:42 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Schlock has always treated Kusari a bit like a disposable "thing," but he's gone way overboard this time.

And apparently Kusari crossed the wires and spaced Roberts to try to force Schlock to move the DFA to Kusari's brain?? Our little girl is showing a lot of ambition here...

A lot of envy in specific.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:01 pm 
Is he playing her for information (or a specific reaction), or is he just that blind?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:44 pm 
Well, that put her in her place! Demonstrating to her his displeasure will motivate her to do better in the future. I have a good feeling about this.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:47 pm 
Kill him Kusari. Kill him now. My sympathy for him has just about disappeared. I would rather see him redeemed, but this is a very close second.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions