Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:08 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Did anyone else notice that all of the blood drops look like hearts?

Well! I know what my valentines plans are this year. SO ROMANTIC IN ZERO G!

Also, where exactly is Chaz's nose? Or mouth for that matter?

I wonder if Chaz is copying the sound from humans, or if its an artifact of his former form (suggesting that he might have had one).

OMG SPEC! SATELLITE OASIS MARRIES THE SWORD AND THEY FLOAT OFF INTO SPACE TOGETHER!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:19 am 
Duuuuude! And....eeeeewwwwww.

Well, I am glad Oasis is winning, but I was kind of hoping for a better outcome for Sasha/Kusari. That she would somehow figure out a way to defy Schlock more, and break free. Not die. *sigh* She seems to be dying pretty quickly here. Although she DID have trouble beating Oasis in previous fights, so maybe it's not too odd. Or maybe she just isn't used to fighting in zero-gravity. But, I AM sad to see her go. I was hoping there would be a GOOD Sasha at the end of this. Ah well.

So now I am hoping that Zoe and the crew can help save the OASIS satellite from being towed away and messed with. I don't want to lose the "organic". I LIKE Oasis, now that she isn't the crazy psycho-chick and she has found herself.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:33 pm 
kromiller wrote:
But, I AM sad to see her go. I was hoping there would be a GOOD Sasha at the end of this.

There may be still (to whatever extent "good" can still hold meaning given her very strange circumstances). Remember - dead is not dead for Sasha/Kusari. It's just these two bodies.

What's hit me the hardest, is that evil betrayer or no, it's got to be pretty traumatic to be showered in your ex-girlfriend's (or ex-friend's in Torg's case) blood at close range like that.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:12 pm 
There's at least two Kusaris remaining, but neither of them would seem to be in a place to do much right now.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:55 pm 
That looks messy!!! I love Shankraft's last line there. The more you know!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:13 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
slightlylooney wrote:
- Oasis was impaled on her own weapon. Kusari claims that it was when she tackled Oasis out of a window. We only have Kusari's word on that. Oasis would only die of her injuries later, possibly the sushi-burger was what finally did her in. After all, she was described as suffering from "a combination of knives, explosions, and food poisoning".
- This is, at best, a maybe. I'll be generous and say that Kusari killed Oasis here.

That should count as an accident. Kusari was trying to capture Oasis alive. She even tackled Oasis out of the building to save her from the explosion.

As far as I can recall, Kusari has never been ordered to kill Oasis before now, which helps explain her low kill count. Oasis always tried to kill Kusari because of Override B-1, but Kusari always pursued Hereti-Corp's goal to "recover the Oasis project".

Anyway, this shuttle seems to have run out of pilots. It will be interesting to see who will take the controls now.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 pm 
Torg and Riff have both piloted the XT-34 in space. They could probably fly it if needed. Shankraft or possibly Daiyu (biologist, not engineer) could probably figure it out too.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:00 pm 
Poor Chaz. In a space ship with Oasis and TWO Kusashis he is still stuck with the guy who calls him Chaz. I can understand why his seasonal allergies would kick in at this moment. He just cannot catch a break.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:15 pm 
kromiller wrote:
Well, I am glad Oasis is winning, but I was kind of hoping for a better outcome for Sasha/Kusari.

She has at least a few more bodies. One on the ground at the military base, and one on the space station.

Oasis seemed to win against two Sasari's a bit too easy...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Spirantz wrote:
Oasis seemed to win against two Sasari's a bit too easy...

Well she had Chaz helping her for as long as there were two of them. (Chaz claims that it improves its master's fighting skill even when unpowered.) I also suspect that Riff's plot armor worked in Oasis' favor. ;-)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:03 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
Poor Chaz. In a space ship with Oasis and TWO Kusashis he is still stuck with the guy who calls him Chaz. I can understand why his seasonal allergies would kick in at this moment. He just cannot catch a break.

To be fair, I believe "Chaz" was one of the past names he mentioned to Torg when he first spoke up, along with "Unholy Evil Death-Bringer". So it's not the first time that Chaz has been Chaz.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:34 pm 
Quote:
Unholy Evil Death Bringer

So... is Chaz Unholy and Evil and a Death Bringer or does he Bring Death to the Unholy and Evil?
I mean... he powers up on the blood of the innocent and was possibly brought into this world by Satan (or Satin... "Named after women's fabric, how sad."), so I'm leaning towards reading that as Chaz is Unholy and Evil.
Though, as Chaz points out, he's just a sword "yield me as you may"

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:22 pm 
Freecain wrote:
Quote:
Unholy Evil Death Bringer

So... is Chaz Unholy and Evil and a Death Bringer or does he Bring Death to the Unholy and Evil?
I mean... he powers up on the blood of the innocent and was possibly brought into this world by Satan (or Satin... "Named after women's fabric, how sad."), so I'm leaning towards reading that as Chaz is Unholy and Evil.
Though, as Chaz points out, he's just a sword "yield me as you may"

Chaz is a tool, and he is what he is as a sword.

His creator though? Bob, was it? Well, you've gotta wonder about...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:46 am 
Well, as said before, he IS a sword, so by definition he is a Death Bringer. As to Unholy or Evil, that's determined by context. He kills an innocent, evil, he kills a God (or godling, at least), Unholy, no? He kills an evil being, is he still evil? He kills a demon, is he still Unholy?

Context is all...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:47 am 
As I understand it, Chaz doesn't choose to kill or spare anyone. Decisions are made by the person who wields the sword. Thus it's not Chaz but its master who does good or evil deeds. "I am neither good nor evil. I am just a sword."

As far as Chaz's master is concerned, let's not forget that philosophers have never managed to agree on an objective definition of "good" and "evil". An act that someone considers evil may be seen as good by someone else.

As for Bob the blacksmith, yes, making a weapon that gives its owner a particular incentive to hurt innocent people is an act that I think most humans would judge as evil – but it depends on what other options were available to Bob at the time.

Holiness is entirely a matter of religion. I can imagine that Christians would consider Chaz unholy. It is magic, and Christian churches always seem to view magic as ungodly – except for miracles performed by God I suppose. I don't know what people of other religions might think. I'm not sure that all religions even have a concept comparable to holiness.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions