Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:49 am 
Nooo! Poor Chaz! He was so happy there for a moment! Now it's back to Torg.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:29 pm 
Chaz was SO happy! Poor Chaz XD thrown back to Torg! Torg seems happy about it though!

I dont know why but Irving's "NOOOOO" in panel 3 made me laugh. Also the "Kill Riff Dammit" Kusashi's doing her best to avoid doing that which means THINGS! Speculative things i'm sure!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:26 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Everything in this strip is priceless:

Torg's line and affronted expression just made me smile! "I am NOT balanced for throwing!"

Oasis' assertion that a talking sword is needlessly distracting! That was perfect!

And Torg's expression as Chaz is handed back to him--so happy! (though I have a feeling Chaz is not quite as happy)

I agree with all of these statements. :torg:

Quote:
Dodger77 wrote:
It's going to get gross on the station REALLY quickly (all the blood floating around with no where to go)

Ugh, I hadn't thought about that...yuck

Blood and hair... Kusasha managed to trim some of Oasis' locks before getting stabbed.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:33 pm 
NovemberMists wrote:
Chaz was SO happy! Poor Chaz XD thrown back to Torg! Torg seems happy about it though!

I wonder if you can be made master a second time (remastered?) after losing the job.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 pm 
Irving's master plan was hinged on Oasis being loyal to watch. Which she is evidently not now. Looks like years of work has gone down to drain in an instant. Strange that he is concerned with Riff now instead of that fact.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:19 pm 
"Needlessly distracting" was one of the funniest things in Sluggy in years...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:36 pm 
MerlinOfChaos wrote:
VcSaJen wrote:
Chaz seems to think that one cut from his powered self will bring down any immortal. Remote controlled, respawn, rebirth, spare bodies doesn't matter, it will be a final death, period. Whether it's true, we'll see.
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-08-17

Eh. He just says she'll die, but it's a debate as to whether it's just that meat puppet or the entire entity. I'd assume just the meat puppet until proven otherwise.

And besides, Chaz needs the first cut to activate, so either way that hasn't happened yet.

He was effectively wrong if he can't kill them all with one cut. He may have been wrong because he had incomplete knowledge of the situation, but he was still wrong. Chaz assured Torg that "no matter how immortal you might think her, she will die." You can word genie it if you want, but just having the meat puppet die after an assurance like that is not in the spirit of what was said. Sure, he didn't know why she keeps coming "back from the dead" and if he did he might not have said that, but it's still overconfidence in regard to something he doesn't really know about. He suggested that the reason Torg thinks her immortal was immaterial. If it's not, he was wrong.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:45 am 
Tylor wrote:
Irving's master plan was hinged on Oasis being loyal to watch. Which she is evidently not now. Looks like years of work has gone down to drain in an instant. Strange that he is concerned with Riff now instead of that fact.

Schlock clearly says that they don't need the organic part of Oasis anymore.

He needed Oasis for all these years to install the transponders so that when she created fire he can triangulate from that the location of the O.A.S.I.S. satellite. Now that he (apparently) has physical control of the satellite, he no longer needs the Oasis person.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:27 am 
adnoam wrote:
Tylor wrote:

Schlock clearly says that they don't need the organic part of Oasis anymore.

He needed Oasis for all these years to install the transponders so that when she created fire he can triangulate from that the location of the O.A.S.I.S. satellite. Now that he (apparently) has physical control of the satellite, he no longer needs the Oasis person.

That's a big risk. Oasis is the satellite. Oasis no longer obeys commands.

How different are they?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am 
Ya, what's to keep biological Oasis from controlling the satellite to attack Schlock? He may prefer to have the organic unit out of the picture.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 pm 
Looks like "the puppet is the puppeteer!"

And also...if you read Chaz's voice in the voice of Dave Foley's "Manservant Hecubus" it gives him an entirely new dimension.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:38 pm 
Chickenhead wrote:
Looks like "the puppet is the puppeteer!"

Ooooooh!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:08 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
CHAZ CAN KILL A TARGET AND ACTIVATE SIMULTANEOUSLY GUYS. See: Alt-Freaky Fred at the beginning of TWR II. All this one cut two cut nonsense is giving me a headache.

Uhh...I don't know if you know this but Fred, as regular human, doesn't require a magical talking sword to die from a stab wound. A shocking surprise, I know :p

On the other hand Sasha and Oasis, as beings that survive their bodies, do. Their body dies on the first hit, Chaz gets powered up, and then the next hit it's all over. It's pretty straightforward.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:12 pm 
MerlinOfChaos wrote:
2 on 1 just shifted to a reversed 2 on 1. That's hardly fair to the remaining Kusari, what with Torg armed with an activated Chaz and Oasis armed with kusari.

Not armed yet. Sasha's between Chaz and Torg.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Uhh...I don't know if you know this but Fred, as regular human, doesn't require a magical talking sword to die from a stab wound.

However Kron, a godling, DOES require a magical sword. He could heal from a normal stab wound but not from an activated Chaz. In the strip immediately before Kron was killed, Farahn was carrying an UN-activated Chaz. Then Chaz appeared in Kron's chest, fully activated. So either Farahn decided to take a whack at some random happened-to-be-innocent victim on his way to bushwhacking Kron, or Kron was innocent, and his innocent blood activated Chaz, thus mortally wounding him in a way that could not be healed.

uglyface2 wrote:
Not armed yet. Sasha's between Chaz and Torg.

But I'd bet she's a LOT more focused on Oasis than on Torg OR Chaz.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions