Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 pm 
MerlinOfChaos wrote:
On Kusari: If you go back a couple weeks, you see Kusari specifically left Riff in the back (later shown to be so Schlock won't see him) and told him to shut up if he wants to live. It sounded like a threat but was, in fact, just another way to prevent Schlock from knowing he was aboard. All this to say: Kusasha likes him, she really likes him!

If you go back even farther, the two Kusashi are discussing that they have no kill order for Riff, so it's their choice. They chose to spare him then too. :sasha: :sasha:

Formless One wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
And what, pray tell, is in that velcriiipped pocket? It appears to be standing-Kusasha's pocket & hand...

Kusari's pair of kusari. You can see the handle wrap sticking out from the top, and in the next panel you can clearly see them in her hands, with blades folded down like pocket knives so that they could slip in her pocket.

Duh, of course. I'm so used to her-as-Kusari carrying them on her back that it never occurred to me. I wondered "Is that Oasis' hand? Does she have... vials of innocent blood in there???" Ya get real creative when you can't tell what's happening. :-D

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:58 pm 
Today's strip makes me SOOOO happy! I don't know if Oasis remembers Torg or not, but even if she hasn't, I think she has decided to take matters into her own hands and do her own thing. By kicking Torg towards Kusari(s), she is distracting them more. And she might even give Torg is sword back, who knows. And it's definitely obvious that Sasha/Kusari does not want to harm Riff if they can help it, hence deliberately delaying Schlock's "kill order". They probably even welcome Oasis' delay tactic and use it to delay things more. The annoyance at Oasis ("SISTER!!!") might be feigned. That's what I am hoping.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 pm 
Was the seated Kusari/Sasha strapping herself into the seat? I couldn't tell what's happening there, exactly.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:52 pm 
Don't forget that Oasis's love for Torg was just as artificial an order as her forgetting Torg.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 pm 
zhecht wrote:
Don't forget that Oasis's love for Torg was just as artificial an order as her forgetting Torg.

Yes, but if she remembers him, then she remembers what sort of person he is -- and what he's tried to do for her, in spite of his mistakes.

Dang, this is getting intense.

Last edited by CheeseWhisper on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:41 am 
zhecht wrote:

But not the same level of orders:

• The order to love Torg was a direct command from Dr Steve (via the watch).
  • The order to forget Torg was a command from Schlock, which she's only obeyed because Roberts told her via the watch (in Dr Steve's voice) that she should obey Schlock.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm 
I was away for a few days...Oh my gosh!
Wow!

Everything is amazing in this strip!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm 
MasterPokey wrote:
Was the seated Kusari/Sasha strapping herself into the seat? I couldn't tell what's happening there, exactly.

I think she was buckling up.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 pm 
I rarely come back to comment again, but the Oasis breakthrough has me almost in tears. This is so huge for her.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:33 am 
Ahh I feel like this is an immensely huge moment for Oasis :D Also for Kusari kinda too, stalling! Both our lil' satellites are growing up!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions