Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:32 pm 
Yay Schlock stayed good! I'm glad Roberts is still alive! Kusari smile! HMMM!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:20 pm 
Amazing! And too bad that I missed the earlier post, so that I read this one first. The one time when Pete posts two days after another, just has to be this major revelation.

But, amazing! Kusashi goes from body to body of loyal Sasha clones? I don't think anyone predicted that.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 am 
endplanets wrote:
Was that a pun? Did Schlock just make one of the more sadistic puns out there? Good on you doc. Sick burn.

gregnier wrote:
Sick Burn Schlockie... "cooler heads" indeed.

I see what you guys did there.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:31 pm 
So, Schlock did it...
All I've seen him do is betray numerous people and kill hundreds more all so that he could draw a triangle on a monitor.

You know most kindergartners just draw a triangle.
No killing involved. Huh, who knew?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:45 pm 
The "at most n Kusashi at a time" hypothesis looks more likely now. Is it one Kusari plus one Sasha at a time, or at most two active Kusashi in total at a time (or some number greater than two if there are others active elsewhere)? Or did the injured Kusashus just happen to pass out for a moment while Kusari-in-Spaaaace was leading Roberts away?

Hey look, there are different variants of the Kusari costume! The one on the space station is very similar to the one that was seen at Le Snootier. It has wide legs and four vertical kusarigama sheaths on the back, the hat looks like a separate piece and there are some kind of slits in the mask. The costume that the injured Kusashus recently took off had tight legs and two diagonal sheaths, the headgear was attached like a hood until Bun-Bun tore it off, and the mask had no visible slits. I think the size of the epaulettes also differs.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 pm 
"Doctor Schlock has done it!"

"Done what?"

"He's finally locked Roberts in a soundproof room!"

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:42 pm 
yaysalt wrote:

"Done what?"

Nice! If Daedalus were still around, I'm sure this would be his actual sentiments.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:37 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Hey look, there are different variants of the Kusari costume! The one on the space station is very similar to the one that was seen at Le Snootier. It has wide legs and four vertical kusarigama sheaths on the back, the hat looks like a separate piece and there are some kind of slits in the mask. The costume that the injured Kusashus recently took off had tight legs and two diagonal sheaths, the headgear was attached like a hood until Bun-Bun tore it off, and the mask had no visible slits. I think the size of the epaulettes also differs.

Good eye! I think the costume change happened around when House of Cheese rose, looking at the archives. Although there was some gradual modification that I mostly chalked up to Pete's art style before. I wonder why Schlock has an old one in his space station... And I guess swmartian was right about the silhouette being off yesterday; the legs are different, for one thing.

Also:
Rombobjörn wrote:
Kusashus

"[Rombobjörn] said [her] name! I'm so happy!"
Although I guess Silverwalker came up with the original Kusashi name.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:40 am 
yaysalt wrote:

"Done what?"

I'd be happiest if this was it.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:29 pm 
Rreed423 wrote:
Also - has Schlock invented artificial gravity? It took me a while, so many science fiction shows assume it exists, but Schlock, Roberts, Kusari and Frog should be floating around that little space station.

Artificial gravity is an existing technology, and it's quite simple really. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotating_ ... ce_station
Just let the station spin, and it will generate a centrifugal force directed towards the edges (according to a coordinate system that follow the interior of the station).
There might be some issues like precession, but in theory it's easy to do.
Since we haven't yet seen the outside of the station, we don't know if it is designed to rotate.

I'm a physics teacher with a masters degree in physics

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:21 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
The "at most n Kusashi at a time" hypothesis looks more likely now. Is it one Kusari plus one Sasha at a time, or at most two active Kusashi in total at a time (or some number greater than two if there are others active elsewhere)? Or did the injured Kusashus just happen to pass out for a moment while Kusari-in-Spaaaace was leading Roberts away?

I see two possibilities:
(1) At most n units active at a time (where n=unknown, regardless of which personalities are active).
(2) Only one of each personality active at a time (n units can be active, where n is only limited by the number of individual personas available, as no persona may be active in more than one body at a time).

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions