Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:56 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Monday never got around to working on EG#5, but it wants to at least show you some type of Sluggy themed image...

Spoiler: show
Bun-Bun threatening KamiImage

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:22 am 
Oh my god that proof selfie and Kusari duck face just about killed me! That is the best thing I have seen in awhile! I know what Schlock means, I keep seeing Sasha and not Kusari! Even though she talks like Kusari- its a big change!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:36 am 
I guess this qualifies as proof that Kusari is not actually compelled to follow hC's orders, unless she thinks she can get away with "hC no longer exists" as an excuse. If Schlock specifically told her never to do that then she shouldn't be reasoning why those orders might not apply anymore.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:24 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
I guess this qualifies as proof that Kusari is not actually compelled to follow hC's orders, unless she thinks she can get away with "hC no longer exists" as an excuse. If Schlock specifically told her never to do that then she shouldn't be reasoning why those orders might not apply anymore.

Well he did add in a "if you can help it" clause. Bun-Bun ripped off her mask with violent prejudice, it's more than likely purple-meshy ribbons by now, and I doubt she's carrying a spare (certainly not in THOSE pants!). So she's fulfilling the technicality of the order. She just chose not to inform Schlock of the mask's destruction, for whatever reason. Weird girl, Kusashi. :sasha:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 am 
Kusari using Sasha's catchphrase makes me equal parts happy and sad.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:05 am 
Alas, for I knew that he'd somehow find out about the other computers.

CodeBlack wrote:
Kusari using Sasha's catchphrase makes me equal parts happy and sad.

Yes.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 am 
KikiDee wrote:
Sotanaht wrote:

Well he did add in a "if you can help it" clause. Bun-Bun ripped off her mask with violent prejudice, it's more than likely purple-meshy ribbons by now, and I doubt she's carrying a spare (certainly not in THOSE pants!). So she's fulfilling the technicality of the order. She just chose not to inform Schlock of the mask's destruction, for whatever reason. Weird girl, Kusashi. :sasha:

If you look back, Bun-Bun was wearing the mask after he ripped it off. Then when he got stunned the mask fell off on the ground, right next to Kusari and in one piece.

I had thought the same thing ("we don't know what happened to the mask") but we DO know because it was entirely on-panel.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 am 
Kumari didn't tell schlock about riff, that's significant.

Also, she seems to be straining under the weight of oasis plus the knife wound.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 am 
I'm just glad Sasha is 'back'. She's easily been one of the most interesting characters to me. The Kusari reveal just confirmed and made it obvious to everything Pete was hinting about for the last.....forever. Basically.

You know how everyone knows that one slow kid who always explains the meaning of the joke after everyone else already had a good laugh at it? This feels like that. Pete is finally explaining the 15+ year running gag to the last 10%.
(or more likely 90% who aren't OCD about following every little sluggyverse detail!)

Not that I'm picking on anyone here. I'm just saying-- It's nice that everyone can finally join in on the joke :pun:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:25 am 
The phrase "I am locating him as we speak" seems to indicate the Sasha's are one "I".

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:12 am 
Weird girl, Kusashi.

Duckface. Good God, when was the last time we saw that? Was it Torg? Kill it with fire!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 am 
BeachBull wrote:
The phrase "I am locating him as we speak" seems to indicate the Sasha's are one "I".

Ah, but in the last comic (that she was in) she/one of them said 'our choice' about what to do with Riff. So both 'I' and 'we' have been in play.

Weird girl or girls, Kusashi.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:05 pm 
BeachBull wrote:

I think the sentence parses as, "I, Kusari, am locating him as we, schlock and Kusari, speak."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:03 pm 
yaysalt wrote:
BeachBull wrote:

I think the sentence parses as, "I, Kusari, am locating him as we, schlock and Kusari, speak."

But *this* Kusashi is NOT locating anything as she speaks. It is the other Kusashi who is off finding Chen.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:20 pm 
BeachBull wrote:
yaysalt wrote:
BeachBull wrote:

But *this* Kusashi is NOT locating anything as she speaks. It is the other Kusashi who is off finding Chen.

Nonsense, This Kusashi said, "I will take Oasis to Chen"

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions