Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:03 am 
yurak wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
I'm sure Schlock will appreciate the idea to bring Riff to his super secret base space base.

Riff actually knew about the super secret satellite producing space station.

Telling him about it and bringing him there are two very different things though, lol. Would Riff ever play the damsel in distress? Hmm. Put a nice dress on him and then maybe?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:47 am 
balthazar wrote:
Others?

Yeah, that's worrying.

Kusashi is taking a big risk binding Oasis like that, as that's the kind of situation that tends to bring out the pyrokinesis.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:43 pm 
I'm surprised kusashari doesn't have a kill order on riff. Remember when sasha was rescued from monicruel and immediately shot at riff? Then noting that she doesn't have a kill order on torg? What about when kusari was fighting the vampire urja? Just before that when riff was spotted and schlock gave an order (possibly standing order?) to kill him. I'd dig up the links but the site crashed my phone. :(

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:57 am 
tube_rat wrote:
I'm surprised kusashari doesn't have a kill order on riff. Remember when sasha was rescued from monicruel and immediately shot at riff? Then noting that she doesn't have a kill order on torg? What about when kusari was fighting the vampire urja? Just before that when riff was spotted and schlock gave an order (possibly standing order?) to kill him. I'd dig up the links but the site crashed my phone. :(

Definitely weird.

Maybe they're from a new batch of Sasari and Schlock hasn't re-issued the kill order since then, since he assumed it was already active.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:57 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Rreed423 wrote:
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
Rreed423 wrote:
I miss the original publication dates in the archives. When I looked at older strips before, I liked to mentally place them in the history of Sluggy by the date. I'm probably the only one who wishes the dates were still there.

You aren't! I was mildly annoyed when I thought they were gone. But if you look in the very bottom right corner, you can still see a version of the date. Or the URL in your address bar changes depending on what you're viewing, at least on Chrome.

I see it, thanks. It starts with the year so I didn't realize what it was.

Somthing about the dates, though. with the new archive, some chapter begin with recap comics (quite useful, by the way) that I don't think where there in the old archive:
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2007-02-06
But they take their own slot day in the calendar, so... Does that means that they are actually pushing away some comics from their original dates? Does that mean that the current dating of the strip is now sometimes off by a few days compared to the old archive? Or am I missing something?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:13 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
GUIGUI wrote:
Somthing about the dates, though. with the new archive, some chapter begin with recap comics (quite useful, by the way) that I don't think where there in the old archive:
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2007-02-06
But they take their own slot day in the calendar, so... Does that means that they are actually pushing away some comics from their original dates? Does that mean that the current dating of the strip is now sometimes off by a few days compared to the old archive? Or am I missing something?
No, your example was in the archive previously: https://static.sluggy.com/images/comics/070206a.jpg Also that is what you are seeing in the archive since none of those "previously" ones have been up-sized.

As for ones that were not in the archive previously (but are in the books) you will see that it has a date, a dash, and an extra number. So http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 1-11-12-10 is shown as 011112-10 not 011112.

randomlanguage wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Now let us continue onto Part 4 and see what dastardly scheme Riff will be up to next!
Spoiler: show
Psych! There is no Part 4!

I know you're disappointed, so you get...this thing...instead... Sorry.

Also it would be nice if Pete would quit sending hit men after me. I'm running out of places to put the bodies.

Nice job! That looks really great! I hope you escape the hit men!
If you like that one, you will probably like the "other one" Someday did as well. It won't be Nextday since we had to flog Thursday for putting this up instead of Part 4. Nextday knows not to do something like that. Though is seems awfully enamored with this old photo it found...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:36 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Zillatain wrote:
No, your example was in the archive previously: https://static.sluggy.com/images/comics/070206a.jpg Also that is what you are seeing in the archive since none of those "previously" ones have been up-sized.

As for ones that were not in the archive previously (but are in the books) you will see that it has a date, a dash, and an extra number. So http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 1-11-12-10 is shown as 011112-10 not 011112.
(...)

Oops, sorry. I actually didn't remember two days of update being only used as a montage of past comics as a recap, back in the days, so I assumed it had been added with the archive revamp for the sake of first time readers binge reading it. My brain must of obscured those events since then.

thanks for the answer anyway. And nice to know how the additional content was handled.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions