Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:09 am 
I was inspired to do something I do every once in a while. Though usually, I don't finish. I have colored this day's comic. I want to send it to Pete, but I can't recall his email anymore... and I don't know if I should post it here as it is the higher res version from being a supporter.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:41 am 
The wet footprints seem to go back pretty far.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:38 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
daggath001 wrote:
I was inspired to do something I do every once in a while. Though usually, I don't finish. I have colored this day's comic. I want to send it to Pete, but I can't recall his email anymore... and I don't know if I should post it here as it is the higher res version from being a supporter.
Message Pete here on the boards. he's usually good about checking his PM box.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:10 am 
Hmm that's a rather large and prominent button behind Torg.

A LARGE and CANDY-LIKE button.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:18 am 
MerlinOfChaos wrote:
Someone mentioned but I think it's an important point: There are no empty tanks.

No, but there are empty spaces where tanks use to be.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:12 pm 
Chickenhead wrote:

I get the funny feeling that pushing it will put Torg through the same process that a new Oasis goes through when "hatched" from one of those tanks. I wonder what Torg will think about being dressed like Oasis.
(Hopefully I can get away with saying this.)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:27 pm 
Nobody has suggested a game of "Spot the Oasii" yet. I think I can see parts of 16 different tanks...

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:02 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Well, Oasis has some big round cans.

This is mostly what I expected after seeing the Steve clones, the shower and the wardrobe, and thus what I think Torg should have expected too. I suspect that he prepared those puns while crawling through the tunnel.

Speaking of which, I wonder why there's a tube-shaped tunnel instead of a normal corridor.

I also wonder how the higher-mounted Oases get down to the floor when they hatch.

By the way, the second panel is an impossible object. Canisters and stalks are behind each other in impossible combinations.

FullMetalArchivist wrote:
Also, how was she six?

Perhaps a better question: If only one clone had a conscious and active childhood, then how did all the others develop into adults with properly developed bones and muscles et cetera?

gilotyna wrote:
If Chaz can pass judgement of innocence maybe it can detect sentience? Maybe it knows that Oasis bodies are biological, but not sentient. Remote-controlled meat golem.

Chaz can apparently even read thoughts. That strip also indicates that only sapient beings can be innocent.

garyfritz wrote:
Well he's basically been living with Zoë for a while, and he DID live with alt-Zoë in the DoL. So I would think he's had ample opportunity to see at least one hot naked woman before. Not to mention Oasis in the water, Gwynn in the shower, Sasha in the floatie, ...

... Oasis without her wedding gown, and his former girlfriend Angela.

slightlylooney wrote:
now I know why Dr Steve said "Like I have nothing better to do than dig pits" back when he met Torg. He was too busy digging massive underground complexes.

Apparently he had nothing better to do than manufacturing big curved steel stalks, each of a unique shape and length, and mounting big, heavy canisters high in the air, instead of just lining the canisters up on the floor, which would have been both easier and more compact.

MerlinOfChaos wrote:
Someone mentioned but I think it's an important point: There are no empty tanks.

... in view.

Dodger77 wrote:
Rreed423 wrote:
I'm still wondering how new Oases seem to appear near where they died, or at least that's how it seemed to me. The death that most makes me think that was when the guy with the hat (name not coming to me) stuffed her body in a car trunk, but her new self appeared nearby. That wasn't close to the rebirth facility, was it?

Actually, that particular story took place in Podunkton which is in Pennsylvania, as is the rebirth facility. So it's less of a stretch there then say when she showed up outside the hospital in Jersey after Bug, Witch and the Robot.

It's unclear how long Torg remained in the hospital after he saw Oasis die, so there may have been time for travel.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Wednesday thought of something to do, but be warned, you might want to gouge your eyes out after viewing it. Also it makes no sense.

Spoiler: show

I didn't click on that at first. Hilarious and terrifying!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:03 pm 
RCG wrote:
MerlinOfChaos wrote:

No, but there are empty spaces where tanks use to be.

Interesting. I wasn't reading those empty spaces as having previously been tanks.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:58 pm 
Chickenhead wrote:

The beau-ti-ful, shi-ny button!
The jol-ly, candy-like button!
Will he hold out, folks? Can he hold out??

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:36 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
Well he's basically been living with Zoë for a while, and he DID live with alt-Zoë in the DoL. So I would think he's had ample opportunity to see at least one hot naked woman before. Not to mention Oasis in the water, Gwynn in the shower, Sasha in the floatie, ...

... Oasis without her wedding gown, and his former girlfriend Angela.

... Oasis without her top at Le Snootier, Zoë right after camel-form, Gwynn after the evil-moths, Teresa skinny-dipping ...

But I gotta say, even if you've seen lots of beautiful naked women, a dozen or so naked Oasii would still be breathtaking.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions