Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:16 am 
YESSSS! AHHHH! NINE YEARS OF SUSPECTING AND POINTING AT SASHA NOW CONFIRMED!!!!! But I still have SO. MANY. QUESTIONS. you know when Sasha "died" I really did think my Kusari=Sasha theorizing was done for good but PETE FOOLED ME!

Also I love how Riff at first is more upset about having to get Gwynn's diary than, GYAH!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:58 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
NovemberMists wrote:
YESSSS! AHHHH! NINE YEARS OF SUSPECTING AND POINTING AT SASHA NOW CONFIRMED!!!!! But I still have SO. MANY. QUESTIONS. you know when Sasha "died" I really did think my Kusari=Sasha theorizing was done for good but PETE FOOLED ME!

Also I love how Riff at first is more upset about having to get Gwynn's diary than, GYAH!

If you read it well, he already knew at this point. He recongised her eyes when they bashed heads:
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-09-08

Give the "that's impossible" a new context.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:41 am 
garyfritz wrote:
migB wrote:
If Kusari is a clone-based operation, which the reveal from Oasis' lair points to, then there is no reason hC should have kept to a single Kusari.

They never did, at least not over time. There have been many Kusaris. E.g. Chen talked about getting a "replacement Kusari," Oasis cut off her head in Fire and Rain, the vamps lopped off her head and she came back, etc.

I meant "a single Kusari at a time".
Oasis have always been a singular being, even though we know that she has a huge supply of extra bodies, we have never seen more than one Oasis alive and active at the same time.
And for that reason I suspected hC could not have more than one Kusari alive/active at the same time.
But if it's basically cloning tech, they could have as many Kusaris active at the same time as they wanted - and we have evidence for at least two, since we know that Kusari and Sasha's bodies are seperate.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:25 am 
Zillatain wrote:
The thing is, I didn't go through the Archive counting each individual strip per chapter. Just needed the start and end date of a chapter. It was pretty quick to figure out the number of days then. Making the chart took most of the time.

I just looked at it again, and each chapter is just numbered. Didn't you post a version with each chapter NAME in the line of boxes?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:10 pm 
migB wrote:
Oasis have always been a singular being, even though we know that she has a huge supply of extra bodies, we have never seen more than one Oasis alive and active at the same time.

Not trying to spec, just musing/wondering... when did Oasis get her "extra bodies" ? She was pyrokinetic at a young age (when she was at Orsintos) but when did she get her technological immortality? It could have been when she was young, and she just never had a chance to re-spawn when she was at Orsintos... or Steve could have created her rebirth facility after he adopted her from the orphanage after Orsintos.

Were there a bunch of 12-yr-old Oasis bodies in the rebirth facility at some point?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
garyfritz wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
The thing is, I didn't go through the Archive counting each individual strip per chapter. Just needed the start and end date of a chapter. It was pretty quick to figure out the number of days then. Making the chart took most of the time.

I just looked at it again, and each chapter is just numbered. Didn't you post a version with each chapter NAME in the line of boxes?
No, never was. I thought about it, but that would be a bunch more work. Though I'll look into it and see what can be done.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 pm 
and my first thought was that this puts the Great Snowball War in an interesting light. So I suppose I should have been suspicious with the evil of Frozen beer.

Happy to a figure it out the day before though riffs facial expression was a pretty big Telegraph. I've been wondering about the awkward that's impossible line.

Seems the spec rules are a bit looser in 20 + but I'll be good. Shall look forward to going back through and reading everything. I guess this does give us some hint of how deep Sasha's ties of evil went in the company.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Zillatain wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
No, never was. I thought about it, but that would be a bunch more work. Though I'll look into it and see what can be done.
I did "look into it" and it wasn't as hard as I thought. Made a better version that has chapter names as well. And just for the hell of it, I also made one that you thought you remembered.

Spoiler: show
New version 2.1 with readable chapter names

Boxy version 2...UGH with eye-gouging chapter names

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:14 am 
MerlinOfChaos wrote:
It's worth pointing out that Kusari and Sasha have been physically in the same room together.

Also makes you wonder what Kusari was thinking and feeling while looking at someone else with the same face that she saw in the mirror every day. And if "our" Sasha knew about Kusari, or even her own situation?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:29 am 
Zillatain wrote:
I did "look into it" and it wasn't as hard as I thought. Made a better version that has chapter names as well.

Excellent! IMHO that's a much more usable reference. Thanks Zil!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions