Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:55 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday was always running around with a strange group. Everybody tried to avoid them since their demeanor and so toxic to anyone not part of the group. But to each other, they got along as for long as anyone could remember. It's as if their bond to each other was in place the instant they were born. Nobody question it, it just was.

All of them went everywhere in this old boat of a black Car with a large number 21 painted on both of the front doors, and which they all lovingly referred to as "Bon". Nobody knew if that was short for something, nor what the number represented. It was in pristine shape and was never dirty. Not even a speck of dirt dared to ever befoul the finish nor were the clouds ever seen to rain on it. Nobody dared to approach the car due to an ill feeling whenever it was nearby, and it was not just because of the occupants.

Hyde was the only one that anyone had ever seen driving the vehicle. It was unknown if it was his or merely because he could drive stick. He had a fiery demeanor and speech that many say was because of what happen to him when he was younger. He would hardly ever stop talking, but anyone who was within earshot have said that it sounded as if he was talking...in reverse. Not much was know about his parents. Both of the Roggen's died in a horrible fire at the factory when he was very young. All 22 people working there died on that day. The cause is still unknown to this day. It is also unknown who raised him after that, or if he raised himself. Nobody has ever dared ask.

Unlike him, Nye was always cool and collected at all times. He would always move with precision and exactness that was eerie to see. Rarely did he talk, but when he did, everyone in the group would immediately stop whatever they were doing and listen intently. Many were lulled into think that out of the entire group, he was the approachable, until they caught a glimpse of his eyes that were hidden behind the Trojan helmet he never took off. Unlike the regular helmet, the top of his had 2 crests instead of the normal count. No person knew who his parents were or even what his last name was. Nobody has gotten past his petrifying stare to even try and ask him.

Being very imposing was the member called "Ox". As expected, he was large, muscular, and an unmovable object. Though it is known that his parents actually named him Eugene, but nobody ever called him that. He always wore sleeveless shirts, even in the dead of winter and was never observed to be shivering. As for the summer, he was never seen to sweat no matter the heat. He looked perfectly comfortable no matter what it was. He was once seen lifting the entire of the front end of the their vehicle a good meter into the air and hold it for a good quarter of an hour while one worked on something underneath. Afterwards he gently lowered the vehicle down as if it weighed nothing. That is strange but what was even weird was the vests he always wore over his shirt. It only had 2 extremely large pockets that were always full and were never the same color from one day to the next. Nobody dared looking since they tended to be eye scratchingly garish.

As for Thursday... Unlike the others, he seemed, "normal", and it was never clear why he was part of the group. He really didn't "fit", but the others accepted him. Though oddly, nobody ever had the desire to ever ask him even a single question. It was as if he didn't exist.

Lastly, this group called themselves, the "'Nine". Which made no sense. Even if you counted their vehicle, that was still only five...

Spoiler: show
So not even a single guess for Tuesday's riddle? Or was is so easy that nobody wanted to bother? Well whatever, you can try this one instead since it's easier. Or ignore it and use Reactions for the correct reasons and not be sidetracked by my puzzling inanity.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:51 am 
And into the darkness we go. This is the sight I have always wanted to see. So fascinating. And then, I would like to see how Kusari's rebirth (?) is different.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:53 am 
As the cliche goes, "curse you and your sudden, but inevitable betrayal."

Now I wonder what is at the end of the tunnel. Just as long as Torg remembers that the light you see could be a freight train headed your way.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:18 am 
Geez, Zillatain. That's a lot of riddle. But you seem so strycht with the Nine I'm not sure if I should risk guessing.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 am 
Yes, Torg. The way out is through. Find out what is on the other side.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:37 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Then how does Oasis get out? Would make more sense for the door to only open getting out, not in.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:38 am 
I saw that coming! (Chen trapping Torg by locking him in) Though I thought it would happen earlier. I'm glad Chad is still powered up so he can give Torg advice!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:54 am 
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
Then how does Oasis get out? Would make more sense for the door to only open getting out, not in.

Since she operates the camera it's safe to assume she operates the door as well. Or if she doesn't, this facility is designed to facilitate Oasis's rebirth so it probably knows to open the door when she is reborn. And the handle on the other side was for Dr. Steve to manually get in for building it in the first place and later maintanence, probably.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:27 am 
What Chen failed to realize is that if Torg actually wanted to get out, he could easily do so by breaking the glass with Chaz.

Or maybe Torg's stupidity is kicking in.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 am 
RamenChef wrote:
What Chen failed to realize is that if Torg actually wanted to get out, he could easily do so by breaking the glass with Chaz.

Or maybe Torg's stupidity is kicking in.

Maybe it's souless superglass.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:24 am 
Oddly enough I find the most interesting part of today's strip to be Chaz's reaction. The first time Chaz got upset about being used as a tool (the +3 sword of nagging strip) the degree of Chaz's anger over it struck me as a bit odd. Funny, but disproportionate. Here again, his annoyance just seems cranked up to 11. Maybe Pete just enjoys the dynamic of Torg bickering with his sword and so its become a recurring gag, but I can't help but wonder if there's something underlying Chaz's hyper-sensitivity over this point.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:57 pm 
gilotyna wrote:
Silly Green Monkey wrote:

Since she operates the camera it's safe to assume she operates the door as well. Or if she doesn't, this facility is designed to facilitate Oasis's rebirth so it probably knows to open the door when she is reborn. And the handle on the other side was for Dr. Steve to manually get in for building it in the first place and later maintanence, probably.

Presumably, but it still makes little sense for the door to let anyone in but only let Oases out. Only traps need to work that way.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:49 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Torg, why would you use Chaz as a pry-bar? You have all of those knifes over there to use. Which can be used to open stubborn doors.

Rombobjörn wrote:
Presumably, but it still makes little sense for the door to let anyone in but only let Oases out. Only traps need to work that way.
It's one of those fancy Plot-Trap-Doors that shows up every so often.

Kesandru wrote:
Geez, Zillatain. That's a lot of riddle. But you seem so strycht with the Nine I'm not sure if I should risk guessing.
That's probably for the best. It's better to not even think about touching this one or even breathing in its general direction just to be safe.

If Bruce Seine was still around, things would be be different with the Nine. He was a calming influence that they accepted at first, but they eventually discovered that he was not as "strong" as them after all and they kicked him out. I still have no clue what is going on with Thurday though.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:40 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
I can't help but wonder if there's something underlying Chaz's hyper-sensitivity over this point.

Probably that Torg has used him as a crowbar before. Twice. And he did NOT enjoy it.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions